Notifications
Clear all

SIU Baseball 2024

57 Posts
10 Users
22 Likes
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Enjoyed watching the games on ESPN+. Enjoyed softball as well. It is good to see baseball being relevant again. I miss the NCAA tournament days and would love to make another trip to Omaha to watch the Salukis. Go Dawgs. 

Saluki44 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Looks like the Dawgs dropped a tough one yesterday at Evansville, 10-11 in 10 innings.

Now 4-2 in conference with a game at home on Tuesday against Lindenwood, and then they travel to Chicago on Friday for a series against UIC, who is 8-1 at home.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Big weekend ahead in Carbondale for Saluki baseball with 25th-ranked Indiana St. in town. Sunday's game was moved to 4:30 to avoid weather issues on Sunday night. Sunday's game is on ESPNU and Friday and Saturday's game should be on ESPN+.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Watching the game now. Tied up 1-1 in the top of the 4th.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

SIU gets out of trouble in top of the 8th and leads 3-2. 3 more outs for a big opening win. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Dawgs turn a big double play in the 9th to get the series opening win.

First win over a ranked opponent at home in 4 years.

I may try to go see them play tomorrow or Sunday, depending on the weather. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Dawgs really looked good this evening...better than the Sycs. We should have scored more runs. Several guys creamed long line drives to the warning track with base runners but the rude Sycs players caught them.

Would be great to take this series. Tomorrow game is at 6PM. Should be around 80 at game time.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Dawgs dropped last night’s game. Will try to take the series today at 4:30. Would be nice to get this series and some momentum going into the MVC tournament. 

SIU is now at #150 in RPI. Indiana St is #10.

To be 25-18 and tied for 4th in the MVC, but that far down in RPI, is pretty sobering. The MVC as a whole - outside of Indiana State - is not fairing well. 

I will be in attendance today - my first ever SIU baseball game.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Dropped the rubber match to ISU 7-2. Dawgs looked like they belonged for most the game, but ISU’s offense was too much in the end. 

My first game at the Ítch didn’t disappoint. Beautiful field and stadium. Great place to spend an afternoon/evening. I’ll be back.  

Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Dawgs about to get swept by the Redturds. This team is really struggling (offense has scored 6 runs total and pitching has been poor again). I know they’ve had some injuries, but really disappointing year for them.

Rhodes needs to get the pitching staff figured out. Tough to do when it’s brand new every year. This team can’t win when the offense slumps.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @siu_2011

Dawgs about to get swept by the Redturds. This team is really struggling (offense has scored 6 runs total and pitching has been poor again). I know they’ve had some injuries, but really disappointing year for them.

Rhodes needs to get the pitching staff figured out. Tough to do when it’s brand new every year. This team can’t win when the offense slumps.

Embarrassing to get swept by a ~.500 Redturd team. We also lost both games to SEMO this year. Not sure what happened to Matt Shark - maybe got hurt? He was a good power hitter for us last year. Hasn't played since Feb.

E here today at 6PM. (assuming it's dry enough and it's mostly sunny and windy so should be able to play)

Last place Bradley comes to town for three games starting Friday at 6PM.

Next Thursday 3 games at Mo State to finish the season.

We need pitching big time. 

(assuming tornadoes don't blow us away tomorrow - severe weather expected)

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Beautiful night for baseball at itchycoo Park... make that Itchy Jones Park. Leading 6 to 1, our relievers gave up 6 runs last 4 innings and allowed Edwardsville to tie it in the top of the ninth. Dermody pitched an inning plus and was very good, but LJ took him out for the 9th and E promptly scored 2 runs off Pron to tie it.

Didn't get that as Dermody is probably our best pitcher.

Cutcheon hit a double and Bandy sacrificed him in for the walk off win in the bottom of the 9th.

At least we beat E 2 - 0 this year.

Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4

Share: