1,466 Posts
78 Users
1554 Reactions
111.5 K Views
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

As of now, I'm more excited about the two high school recruits (Davis and Sharp) than the two transfers who committed. 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukis60

As of now, I'm more excited about the two high school recruits (Davis and Sharp) than the two transfers who committed. 

We have 3 transfers now (Trey Miller, Jarrett Hensley, Jovan Stulic)

ReplyQuote
(@rocketdawg)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Just wondering if anyone knows why Kennard Davis' name isn't listed on the 2023-2024 roster on the SIU Athletics website.  All the other names are on there, including today's addition.

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @rocketdawg

Just wondering if anyone knows why Kennard Davis' name isn't listed on the 2023-2024 roster on the SIU Athletics website.  All the other names are on there, including today's addition.

He is there now!  #30

https://siusalukis.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

rafflaw and SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rocketdawg)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@dr222 Thanks for the update!

DR222 reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukis60

I'm not sure you meant this as more complimentary to the high school players or a slight to the transfers, but either way, you should be excited about those 2 young players.  As I have said, after watching them play, I think they will end up being incredible additions when it's all said and done (caveat being that they stay at SIU).  

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I haven’t commented at all about our team and my expectations this coming year as I have no freaking clue how good I expect us to be. But I will say one thing. This team is full of big guys. Big bigs and big guards. 

Not sure how Mullins could possibly play a lineup too small with these guys, which has obviously been a common complaint from many, including me. 

usmcsaluki, BleedFknMaroon25, Salukifan32 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @kyle_saluki_17

I haven’t commented at all about our team and my expectations this coming year as I have no freaking clue how good I expect us to be. But I will say one thing. This team is full of big guys. Big bigs and big guards. 

Not sure how Mullins could possibly play a lineup too small with these guys, which has obviously been a common complaint from many, including me. 

My sentiments exactly, and really like the mix of this team and, as mentioned, the height and athleticism. Hit the weight room and the court!

Stulic, hopefully, is every bit the shooter FW is/was supposed to be, and perhaps a better defender. At any rate, he clearly has more experience.

March on triumphantly!

ReplyQuote
(@dawg88)
Abe Martin Field Poster

If McGee is our fifth recruit, I believe this will be on of the biggest team in school history. We have been begging for size for many years. Time to use it to our advantage with better rebounding and offense efficiency. 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@kyle_saluki_17 Amen to that.

I hope we still sign the kid from Tulane.

This post was modified 12 months ago by Rockin' Dawg

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@dawg88 and better development with coaches like Howard involved now

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @kyle_saluki_17

Agree here. Regardless of the last scholarship, we won't really know much about this team until they start playing games. Mullins is going to hype them up of course, but we only have a handful of guys that we've seen play in Valley games and, as has been mentioned ad nauseam, those returnees didn't score much for the team last year.

I'm sure SIU will be picked in the bottom half of the league and likely not have anyone on any of the preseason teams...hopefully they take that personally.

Saluki44 and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
salukis60