SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

The Grid (subject to change!)

Cowboydawg, Dawgs98, DR222 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Glad to see you have Ben Coupet Jr. listed as a "run it back" Covid year.  I was hoping that would be the case and leads to the Dawgs having the 13th scholarship still open this year.  Even if Bryan decides to leave that scholarship open this year, he has options available.   You never know about summer workout injuries!!

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

If guys like Domask, Jones, Harvey, etc choose to come back for a 5th year with the COVID stuff, wouldn't that still open up open scholarships that year like D'Avanzo this year?  Or are they counting as scholarships used?

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

That is a very good question!  That sounds logical and one could hope so!

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

If guys like Domask, Jones, Harvey, etc choose to come back for a 5th year with the COVID stuff, wouldn't that still open up open scholarships that year like D'Avanzo this year?  Or are they counting as scholarships used?

I'm pretty sure that this year is the only year that the seniors don't count against the total.  Everyone got extra eligibility, but only these seniors didn't count against the total.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @kyle_saluki_17
Posted by: @salukiworld

I'm pretty sure that this year is the only year that the seniors don't count against the total.  Everyone got extra eligibility, but only these seniors didn't count against the total.

My understanding is that only seniors in 2020-2021 will be exempted from scholarship limits in 2021-2022.  The way I understand the rules we do have one scholarship remaining for the upcoming season.  That's just my read of it.  Of course, we don't have to use it. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@saluki-69 

Pretty sure Coupet is not exempt.He gets his extra year but he counts as a scholarship at SIU ...he wouldn't have counted toward Little Rock scholarships if he had stayed there. Only people who are exempt are players who stay at their same school. If they move they count towards scholarship count. Also any player who played last season gets an extra year, not just the seniors.When Domask, Brown etc are seniors it will be an interesting time/dilema for them and the staff as they will have one more year after year 4.

This post was modified 3 years ago 4 times by dogdays

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @dogdays

@saluki-69 

Pretty sure Coupet is not exempt.He gets his extra year but he counts as a scholarship at SIU ...he wouldn't have counted toward Little Rock scholarships if he had stayed there. Only people who are exempt are players who stay at their same school. If they move they count towards scholarship count. Also any player who played last season gets an extra year, not just the seniors.When Domask, Brown etc are seniors it will be an interesting time/dilema for them and the staff as they will have one more year after year 4.

I did more research and @dogdays is correct. It does not apply to transfers, so Coupet is #13 for 2021-2022.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki-69

@saluki-69 

I did more research and @dogdays is correct. It does not apply to transfers, so Coupet is #13 for 2021-2022.

Coupet Jr. takes scholarship #13, but D'Avanzo's scholarship doesn't count against the 13 total scholarships allowed. Therefore, still have 1 scholarship available for 2021-2022, if we elect to use it. At this late stage it is unlikely we use it. We have 1 open ride for 2022-2023 right now. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @resaluki-88
Posted by: @saluki-69

@saluki-69 

Coupet Jr. takes scholarship #13, but D'Avanzo's scholarship doesn't count against the 13 total scholarships allowed. Therefore, still have 1 scholarship available for 2021-2022, if we elect to use it. At this late stage it is unlikely we use it. We have 1 open ride for 2022-2023 right now. 

We have zero scholarships for the upcoming season. D'Avanzo is marked exempt on the grid and is not counted in the 13 scholarships. We have one available for 22-23.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Take Dembele off the grid....then we'll have two.  😉 

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

According to the official roster, Will Keller was a redshirt last year due to injury.  It appears he will be returning to the team for his last year of eligibility in 21-22

https://siusalukis.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

@saluki-69 

Looks like Reece Johnson, 6-0/G could be added to the Freshman class.  I would assume Johnson is joining the team as as a walk-on.

https://siusalukis.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/reece-johnson/5505

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @dr222

@saluki-69 

Looks like Reece Johnson, 6-0/G could be added to the Freshman class.  I would assume Johnson is joining the team as as a walk-on.

https://siusalukis.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/reece-johnson/5505

Boys Cross Country runner of the year also. Illinois Basketball Coaches Association 2A All-State player Jr. and Sr. year - darn good guard - only 6'.

rafflaw and DR222 reacted
ReplyQuote

Share: