2024 Football Recruiting

151 Posts
24 Users
145 Reactions
10.7 K Views
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Agree!  We don’t need Sisson and yeah enjoy your time watching the hiding illini from the sidelines.

TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

While viewing this thread, I sense a bit of hostility vs the Whining Illini. (football & basketball coaches both whine) As far as I am concerned, it is 100% justified. In the past, the U of I has taken our baseball, T and F, and basketball coach. They also receive most of the state allocated money, leaving the scraps for the little brothers. Money certainly talks, and being a member of the big 18, 20, 22 whatever brings 60 million dollars from their TV network to each school. This will rise with the California schools.

Some older folks tell stories of when SIU dominated the Indian tribe, in everything. State money was also shared fairly among the state schools, with SIU building numerous new buildings on campus during the 60's and 70's. Will, that certainly changed. Wonder why ...

Some people say they don't respect us. Does one think U of I is respected by Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, or heck even Rutgers? Think Not. I really wish ole Bret Bologna would toss in a salad. Not healthy at all! 

Salukifan32 and 1DAWG reacted
ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)

Posted by: @tj-mcflys

While viewing this thread, I sense a bit of hostility vs the Whining Illini. (football & basketball coaches both whine) As far as I am concerned, it is 100% justified. In the past, the U of I has taken our baseball, T and F, and basketball coach. They also receive most of the state allocated money, leaving the scraps for the little brothers. Money certainly talks, and being a member of the big 18, 20, 22 whatever brings 60 million dollars from their TV network to each school. This will rise with the California schools.

Some older folks tell stories of when SIU dominated the Indian tribe, in everything. State money was also shared fairly among the state schools, with SIU building numerous new buildings on campus during the 60's and 70's. Will, that certainly changed. Wonder why ...

Some people say they don't respect us. Does one think U of I is respected by Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, or heck even Rutgers? Think Not. I really wish ole Bret Bologna would toss in a salad. Not healthy at all! 

Completely Agree!  The hiding illini receives the vast majority of state funding and continue to be an also ran in the big whatever conference.  The whole thing with the NIL will eventually create another divide in college athletics and at the end of the day u of i can’t compete with the Ohio States, Michigans, UCLA’s, etc., financially.  In addition while the BIG MONEY conferences created this situation with the transfer portal, hoping to legally poach talent from the mid-majors, it has back fired on them as they’ve started realizing some of their talent leaves every year as kids try to put themselves in a “better” situation.

ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

The high school I attended plays Mt Carmel today!  I would love to see Roxana beat up on Sisson today.  Would have wanted it even if he hadn't changed schools.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
terrier1
(@terrier1)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@sandman95 well they got beat 69-7 today

Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

https://twitter.com/NxtLevelAtx/status/1732429015682592829

Looks like we are shopping for a QB. We offered Williams; Murray State.

This post was modified 6 months ago by salukis60

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukis60

https://twitter.com/NxtLevelAtx/status/1732429015682592829

Looks like we are shopping for a QB. We offered Williams; Murray State.

We've got three on the roster, two freshmen coming in, and still looking at the portal. NH isn't comfortable with fewer than 6 QBs on the roster.  LOL

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Two incoming freshman QBs along with Simmons and Lindauer. I’m guessing they need to add a transfer QB. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @valleyfb

Two incoming freshman QBs along with Simmons and Lindauer. I’m guessing they need to add a transfer QB. 

and redshirt Fr. Tre Baker if he's still here.

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @valleyfb

and redshirt Fr. Tre Baker if he's still here.

He's not. Entered the portal a few days ago.

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

@siu_2011 There is a possibility that no one offers him.  Then the ball's in Nick's court whether to have him back -- if there's room.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I don’t think T Baker will be back but I’ve been wrong before. 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Gotta love the portal

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)

Go back to the old rule that makes these kids sit out a year if they want to transfer, unless there’s some kind of extreme circumstance.  

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Not all players in SIU portal is by the choice of the athlete. Winter meetings are happening and some were asked to leave.  

This post was modified 5 months ago by ValleyFB

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 11

Share: