43 Posts
24 Users
39 Reactions
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/T_Miller2022/status/1655651989567553536/photo/1

This is one the coaches really wanted it came down to us and 5 others. He has 3 years of eligibility. Welcome Trey. 

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

nice! 

ReplyQuote
(@siu-grad-87)

Our first 2023 transfer.  Looking forward to the details.  

Supporter of the Fab 4: Scottie Ebube, Foster Wonders, AJ Ferguson & Cade Hornecker.

They’re the ones that can get us where we haven’t been in 15 years.

ReplyQuote
(@dawg88)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I like this guys game. Congratulations staff, a good get. 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Said I wanted him last week. Very glad we got him, will play a big role for us over the next 3 seasons. Welcome Trey!

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

He's probably going to start, played 79.9% of total minutes as a Freshman which was 315th in the country.  Sure looks like SIU is going to be very young and inexperienced next year.  So will we be sold on a rebuild?

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Athletic and can get his own shot and has a decent mid range game. Very good distributor and gets a lot of steals. Not a good 3 point shooter, but very good from FT line. His game actually reminds me somewhat of Lance Jones. Things he needs to work on are 3 pt shot and he's turnover prone. Had a heck of a true freshman year in a lower conference.

8 points, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 3 assists in his 4th ever game as a true freshman against Valpo. 10.4 ppg, 2.7 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 1.5 assists. Stat sheet stuffer.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@siu-grad-87)

This guy appears to be able to do things with the ball that nobody (who played) could or did do last season. 

Looks good to me. Hopefully he can take that next step this fall for the Salukis.   🏀 

Supporter of the Fab 4: Scottie Ebube, Foster Wonders, AJ Ferguson & Cade Hornecker.

They’re the ones that can get us where we haven’t been in 15 years.

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

An important note in the era of the transfer portal. Unless Bryan leaves, a transfer can't transfer again without a waiver unless I'm translating it wrong. Which means this is pretty much as good as an incoming freshman but he's already proven his game at the college level.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

He's probably going to start, played 79.9% of total minutes as a Freshman which was 315th in the country.  Sure looks like SIU is going to be very young and inexperienced next year.  So will we be sold on a rebuild?

He may start at the 2 and back up PG some. Depends upon who else we get. He's young, but got plenty of experience last year. We still have 4 open rides, you can't conclude we will necessarily be young and inexperienced. It depends on who we add. This is a good start.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
the bobber
(@the-bobber)
Saluki Platnum Member Saluki Insider

good job Mdogs!

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

He also had pretty decent games against UNLV and K State early in his true freshman year!

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

A signing! A guard! I’ll take it. Let’s see what he’s got (and what else the staff has got).

ReplyQuote
(@guppy)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32

Said I wanted him last week. Very glad we got him, will play a big role for us over the next 3 seasons. Welcome Trey!

I like the pick-up, but I don't get this "highlight" video.  Numerous times he's beat off the dribble, misses shots, turnovers.  Odd.  Again, I think he will fit well, big, strong kid. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Guppy

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Listen having to wait this long on the first commit was frustrating, but can we wait to see where we land on the 4 other open scholarships before we declare a rebuilding year? If we see a bunch of freshmen/sophomores/high school kids sign then I'll be right there with you (assuming these aren't high impact players 😀).

This is a solid get. Kid was on a bad team, but averaging 10+ points and 3+ assists as a true freshmen is pretty good. Would like to see the 3pt % go up and the turnovers go down. Looks to have played mostly PG so should be a solid backup option for X and maybe can slide to the 2 when X is on the floor. Tied for the team lead in steals so hopefully a solid defender as well.  Southland is admittedly a weak conference but they had some solid opponents on their schedule he played pretty well against.

Saluki44 and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3

Share: