Trey Miller

43 Posts
24 Users
39 Reactions
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @siu-grad-87

This guy appears to be able to do things with the ball that nobody (who played) could or did do last season. 

Looks good to me. Hopefully he can take that next step this fall for the Salukis.   🏀 

And, he uses the back board! 

March on triumphantly!

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @guppy

Posted by: @salukifan32

Said I wanted him last week. Very glad we got him, will play a big role for us over the next 3 seasons. Welcome Trey!

I like the pick-up, but I don't get this "highlight" video.  Numerous times he's beat off the dribble, misses shots, turnovers.  Odd.  Again, I think he will fit well, big, strong kid. 

Not your traditional "highlight" video. Is more of a scouting report on what to expect from him.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @guppy

Posted by: @salukifan32

Said I wanted him last week. Very glad we got him, will play a big role for us over the next 3 seasons. Welcome Trey!

I like the pick-up, but I don't get this "highlight" video.  Numerous times he's beat off the dribble, misses shots, turnovers.  Odd.  Again, I think he will fit well, big, strong kid. 

He averaged 1.5 steals per game and the 3 steals they showed in this package were him getting blown by and someone else getting a steal.  

I like the fact that he has 3 years of eligibility at least.  The defensive metrics are pretty poor but if Mullins is a good defensive coach, those should improve.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@siu-grad-87)

He looks to me like a slasher.  And that’s fine with me.  Take the ball to the hole if that’s what you excel at.  No need to jack up too many 3s.  

His passing is sharp. 

Supporter of the Fab 4: Scottie Ebube, Foster Wonders, AJ Ferguson & Cade Hornecker.

They’re the ones that can get us where we haven’t been in 15 years.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @cosmos

An important note in the era of the transfer portal. Unless Bryan leaves, a transfer can't transfer again without a waiver unless I'm translating it wrong. Which means this is pretty much as good as an incoming freshman but he's already proven his game at the college level.

I thought the latest guidance is that even if a coach leaves, it’s still not a reason to get a free transfer the second time. I could be wrong though. 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @kyle_saluki_17

Posted by: @cosmos

An important note in the era of the transfer portal. Unless Bryan leaves, a transfer can't transfer again without a waiver unless I'm translating it wrong. Which means this is pretty much as good as an incoming freshman but he's already proven his game at the college level.

I thought the latest guidance is that even if a coach leaves, it’s still not a reason to get a free transfer the second time. I could be wrong though. 

Supposedly they are cracking down on additional transfer years even if the coach leaves, but I don't see it...I think kids will get waivers. The other sure fire free transfer is grad transfer.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I'll take it. I've been hard on the staff, but props for a pretty good get.

Now for a few more.  

ReplyQuote
terrier1
(@terrier1)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@resaluki-88 "needs to work on his shot and is turnover prone"  that's Lance Jones in half of a sentence

ReSaluki 88, DirtyDale, INSaluki and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @terrier1

@resaluki-88 "needs to work on his shot and is turnover prone"  that's Lance Jones in half of a sentence

He actually shot better, and as a true freshmen.  Also, in reading through their game summaries (albeit limited) he truly had an impact defensively.  I really like that he was statistically the 3rd most offensively efficient freshmen in the conference.  This is only our first get and not only does it help this upcoming season, but also the future.  

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Like I said in another post, if Miller and Kenard Davis both end up being good we will have a really nice nucleus for a few years. 

usmcsaluki and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

@dirtydale 

I totally agree.  Keeping the defensive identity but also slashers that can distribute or score.  4 more spots to land some players and I am still feeling one surprise signing that will really get our juices flowing and confidence restored.  

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

With that first name, he'd better be able to shoot beyond the arc....

ReplyQuote
the bobber
(@the-bobber)
Saluki Platnum Member Saluki Insider

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

With that first name, he'd better be able to shoot beyond the arc....

trey and troy!

ReplyQuote
Cowboydawg
(@cowboydawg)

Posted by: @salukiworld

He's probably going to start, played 79.9% of total minutes as a Freshman which was 315th in the country.  Sure looks like SIU is going to be very young and inexperienced next year.  So will we be sold on a rebuild?

It’s a little early to project him as a starter at the 2. Maybe, but we still have 4 scholarships left.

Mr_Woogers reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3

Share: