Clear all

DeAnna at the World Athletics Championships

7 Posts
4 Users
11 Likes
(@risaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster
Topic starter  

For those who missed it, SIU's DeAnna Price has qualified for the hammer thrower finals at the World Athletics Championships in Budapest.  Coverage of the meet begins at noon Carbondale time on the USA network.

Good luck to DeAnna and her coach/husband JC Lambert in today's final.

AirDawg86 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Go Diana!!

AirDawg86 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

DeAnna takes 3rd at the World Championships. Great showing. Hope she stays healthy leading up to and during the Paris Olympics next summer.

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Bronze for DeAnna!  Nicely done.

https://worldathletics.org/competitions/world-athletics-championships/budapest23/news/report/wch-budapest-23-report-women-hammer

I knew she had an injury going into the Tokyo Olympics and was off last year rehabbing, but I did not realize the extent of the ankle injury until reading the above article.  DeAnna now seems to be back to her top game and damn close to be one of the best in the world again.  Only issue is, the rest of the women's hammer throw field is getting better too.  A good thing for the sport and in the US much of that improvement can be credited towards the rise of DeAnna Price (and some of the other Saluki throwers too, like Gwen Berry).

Go Dawgs!

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@risaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster
Topic starter  

In the past, I have had several conversations with DeAnna and JC when we returned every year for Homecoming.  Could not be a nicer couple and always found time when we wondered down to the throwing circles to chat.  Still wish we had them in The Dale.

Nice coverage of her career by the official SIU Athletics webpage....NOT!  At least, I know that Jeremy Chin Bobblehead night is coming up next month, as it's been the lead story on the page for about two weeks, with another week to go.

When I need to know anything about Saluki Athletics, it's good to know that if it's Saluki related, it will be on Saluki Insider.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@risaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster
Topic starter  

Add the Pan Am Games hammer throw to DeAnna's blue ribbon accomplishments.  Not only the winner, but the only American in the top ten.  

Continuing the march to the Summer Olympics in Paris.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Great job DeAnna!

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote

Share: