4 Likes
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Women's portal news: Updated 3/28/23

Belmont: Leaving - Madison Bartley 6'3 Jr Fwd

Destinee Wells 5-6 Jr Guard

Both with two years of eligibility left. Senior year plus COVID year. Major blow to Belmont.

Bradley: Leaving -Caroline Waite 5'4" So PG she was their leading scorer and Valley FOY 21-22.

Evansville: Coming In - Alana Striverson 5-10 So G Lindenwood College

UIC: Leaving - Marta Gomez 5-8 Fr G 

ISU-Blue: Leaving Del'Janae Williams 5'8" Sr G Their top player.

Leaving- Caitlin Anderson 5'6" Sr G

ISU-Red: Leaving: Jasmine McGinnis-Taylor 6-3 Jr F

Missouri State: Leaving-Capria Brown 5-9 Jr G Going to Central Michigan. Ifunanaya Nwachukau 6-2 Sr F ---> UMKC

"The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." ~Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Bump. See updates in first post.

"The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." ~Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Madison Bartley to Baylor

Destinee Wells to Tennessee  

ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Drake picks up 5-10 Grad Transfer Anna Brown from the Loyola Ramblers.

Abby Feit of Evansville is leaving to use her COVID year someplace else.

Evansville 5-10 Freshman Rayah Kinser is out.

ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Former Bradley 2021-22 Freshman of The Year 5-4 Guard Caroline Waite lands at Illinois State (Ouch!)

UIC picks up a 5-10 G from Wisconsin, another 5-10 G from DePaul, a 5-9 G from Cincinnati and a 6ft F from Marquette.

Missouri State picks up a 6-4 F from Kansas, a 5-10 G from Stephen F Austin, and a 5-4 G from D-2 Missouri Southern.

Murray State picks up a 5-9 G from Butler.

rafflaw and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Well - we lost one.

Aja Holmes has entered the portal.

I thought she would stay. Although she could come back. Let's hope this doesn't open the floodgates.

1DAWG and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Ooooh Double-double machine 6-1 F Aneesha Morrow from DePaul out of Chicago Simeon is in the portal. Not that we have a chance...but here's hoping! She's had 52 double-double's in two years for the Blue Demons. Averaged 23 pts and 13 boards a game.

Here's what you would call twin-twin towers. 6-3 twins that played at Florida thier first two years Portaled to East Carolina. 😆 

Plenty of young Power 5 and high mid-major post players with multiple years of eligibility out there. Go get us one Coach Kelly and Coach Chester! 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Transfer updates through 5/25

Belmont picks up a 6-2 Forward from Georgia Tch.

Bradley gets Delarue (5-11 G) from Missouri State and another 5-11 G from ODU.

ISU-Red lost three including 6-3 So Jasmine McGinnis-Taylor

ISU-Blue picked up a 6-2 sophomore forward from Wisconsin 

UNI picked up a 6-0 R/S Jr from Iowa

Murray lost two role players and picked up a 6-1 Jr wing from Purdue and a 5-9 Jr guard from Butler

Valpo lost a 5-10 F guard to Southern Indiana

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @rabidsaluki

Transfer updates through 5/25

Belmont picks up a 6-2 Forward from Georgia Tch.

Bradley gets Delarue (5-11 G) from Missouri State and another 5-11 G from ODU.

ISU-Red lost three including 6-3 So Jasmine McGinnis-Taylor

ISU-Blue picked up a 6-2 sophomore forward from Wisconsin 

UNI picked up a 6-0 R/S Jr from Iowa

Murray lost two role players and picked up a 6-1 Jr wing from Purdue and a 5-9 Jr guard from Butler

Valpo lost a 5-10 F guard to Southern Indiana

Thanks for sharing the update.

ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

We lost another. Tamara Nard has left. Definitely gonna need a post to replace her. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Promise Taylor is not on the roster - she was a senior. Not sure if she had another year or not. Don't see guard Zoe Belcher either. She would have been a junior.

Signed 6' 2" Angela Samuel from Nigeria, Sequioa Allmond, a 4* transfer guard from Loyola Marymount, and two freshman guards.

Picked 8th in the MVC.

https://siusalukis.com/news/2023/10/24/womens-basketball-picked-to-finish-eighth-in-mvc-preseason-poll.aspx

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Would be nice if they shared the information on transfers.

ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Well - Laniah Randle is gone. She committed to Mizzou this week. Maddy Saracco (5-10 Freshman 2-guard/wing) also left committing to Tennessee Tech. Her introductory statement made me want to vomit. She was originally recruited by TN Tech. In her statement she said some garbage about (sic)'my heart told me this is where I belong'.

Then why the eff didn't you go there in the first place?

Kinda surprised that Mason hasn't been scooped up yet.

There was a mass exodus from Bradley again (7 players). No surprise there considering the 10 game suspension of their coach for rumored player abuse. 

Kinda surprised there was a big group leaving a 23-win, third place Missouri State squad. Six players including a couple of starters and key players.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @rabidsaluki

Well - Laniah Randle is gone. She committed to Mizzou this week. Maddy Saracco (5-10 Freshman 2-guard/wing) also left committing to Tennessee Tech. Her introductory statement made me want to vomit. She was originally recruited by TN Tech. In her statement she said some garbage about (sic)'my heart told me this is where I belong'.

Then why the eff didn't you go there in the first place?

Kinda surprised that Mason hasn't been scooped up yet.

There was a mass exodus from Bradley again (7 players). No surprise there considering the 10 game suspension of their coach for rumored player abuse. 

Kinda surprised there was a big group leaving a 23-win, third place Missouri State squad. Six players including a couple of starters and key players.

Saracco barely played until the last few games...shot 41% from three.

Losing Randle really hurts. I'm sure she's getting some NIL money.

ReplyQuote

Share: