December Early Signees

11 Posts
6 Users
15 Likes
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster
Topic starter  

I believe that tomorrow December 20th is the early signing period for High School recruits. From what I gather via Twitter, it seems SIU focused on Offensive Lineman, and some very good ones, as well as some overall solid athletes. Can we expect some surprise pick ups? I certainly hope that we do not have any flips, ( I have noticed ) and these kids are 100% committed to The SIU. 

GO DAWGS!!!

Maroonloon reacted
ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

https://twitter.com/LukusMcDanielss/status/1737181977604677959

6'5 240 TE/OLB Louisville, KY

TJ McFlys and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

https://twitter.com/nate_tronzo/status/1737190088495292726

6'4 235 OLB Trinity HS, Louisville, KY

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Looking forward to seeing the latest recruiting class come in.  Hopefully SIU picks up a few capable WR’s.

TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Topic starter  

I like these two prospects from Louisville. I have a good feeling about both of them. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about all of the rest tomorrow. I hope Mr. Wood can share some inside information on these fine recruits!

GO DAWGS!!!

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Saw Hill at the game tonight and he looked relaxed and confident especially the night before signing day hopefully a positive sign

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

While overall I like the signings I wish we had a bigger running back a bruiser type that can get tough yards between the tackles and get some yards after contact

1DAWG and TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @jabman62

While overall I like the signings I wish we had a bigger running back a bruiser type that can get tough yards between the tackles and get some yards after contact

Fully agree with you, although the running backs signed are an upgrade and slightly larger than previous backs. One being a three star, and the other coming from PJ Jules High school. I'd like to see us utilize a full back in short yardage, to pave the way for the RB. You can also utilize the large tight ends we brought in as well. Love the 3 star TE from PVille, as well as the QB from Edwardsville. 

rafflaw and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Lester seems like he'd probably be best suited for that role. Possibly Wagner can get a shot too this year 

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @salukifan32

Lester seems like he'd probably be best suited for that role. Possibly Wagner can get a shot too this year 

Mr. Lester certainly had some nice games this Fall, albeit against Murray St. and WIU. He displays potential. Mr. Wagner ( 6' 1" 210 ) broke many records while in high school, including an NFL star named Derrick Henry. He adds another dimension. BTW: our transfer RB is a 3 star. Not bad. 

This post was modified 5 months ago by TJ McFlys

rafflaw and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

I like Lester but I don't think he's the bruising kind of back you're talking about. Another Javon Williams would sure be nice.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote

Share: