Saluki Insider Twit...

Notifications
Clear all

Saluki Insider Twitter section not updating.

7 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

I really love the Twitter section to the right that shows the latest tweets relating to Saluki athletics...over the last few days I've noticed it hasn't been updating, at least for me. The latest tweets I'm seeing are for Feb 11th and it's now the 16th. Is this a me issue or is something going on with that feature?

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

It’s a job for 69 but I don’t know what he has going on before flying in to town this weekend. I will let him know though 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Ok I talked to 69 and he will look at it when he gets a chance. The whole airplane means it may take a bit 😊

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Twitter recently changed up their API policy and think it was supposed to go into effect this week.  Not sure if that has anything to do with that.

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

No worries! Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a me problem. I went and cleared cookies and cache trying to get it to work.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Elon is screwing up everything with Twitter right now. 😀 

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @obd

Elon is screwing up everything with Twitter right now. 😀 

Now he screwed it even more.  Several days ago they abruptly released another new programing interface for Tweeter feeds and it completely broke the little app that we used to stream the feed in to the sidebar.  It should return at some point but the developer has to figure out what the **** Twitter did and then rewrite their code for the app. 

Here is what the developer posted the other day: 

_____

"Twitter API Changes April 2023

Due to an abrupt change to Twitter’s API the Pro version of Custom Twitter Feeds is temporarily not for sale."

____

Given we use the free version and not the paid Pro version means we are way down on the list for a fix! 

I continue to look for alternatives but these clowns have most of us in the same boat. 

@siu_2011

This post was modified 1 year ago 3 times by Saluki 69

SIU_2011 reacted
ReplyQuote

Share: