Ok sound off  who is the champ? 

whats the big upsets ?

How far does the Drake go ? 

let’s not create threads for every game. Just put them here 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Hoping for a Drake/Iowa State 2nd round game in Omaha.  What an atmosphere that would be

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

Ok sound off  who is the champ? 

whats the big upsets ?

How far does the Drake go ? 

let’s not create threads for every game. Just put them here 

UConn for the 2 peat. Super strong. Perhaps a point to made by only having 3 teams selected for the Dance?

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Posted by: @salukiworld

Hoping for a Drake/Iowa State 2nd round game in Omaha.  What an atmosphere that would be

LancerDawg will be in Omaha this weekend for the games. One of his high school buddies lives in the area so they always go when it's in either Omaha or Des Moines.

ReplyQuote
(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

This will be the first tournament in a couple decades that I don't fill out a bracket. My dad works at an engineering firm and, back in the day, would print multiple copies of a "designed" bracket out for me on 11"x17" paper. I'd fill out a bracket and then highlight the picks that I got correct, and would also fill out an actual bracket as each game finished. 

I suppose it doesn't help that I'm a chord-cutter and don't have the full lineup of channels to get games, but I digress, that's not what's bugging me..

(I do have ESPN+ so I'll be watching NIT). 

I've not watched Lance or Marcus play a game all year and I don't plan to now. It's too painful. It just hurts, man. 

Then this whole snubbing of InSU to rob the MVC of what little money we *do* get...

Yaaaaay! Go Illini! $400,000 will get ya some good players, ehh? 

Matt Painter stealing from his old program? Seriously, Matt? 

Not for me. 

TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Let's cheer on Juwaun Newton's brother Tristen who is one of Uconn's best players. Also, hoping Drake makes some noise.

Also, hoping Indiana State makes the final 4 in the NIT. It may be like home games for them playing in Hinkle Field House in the final 4!

TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I like one of Purdue, UCONN, or Kentucky to win the title this year. 

James Madison over UW as an upset pick. Also picked WKU over Marquette in a bracket. 

New Mexico could also make a decent run! 

I think Drake gets beat by WSU. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

I picked Purdue - my son-in-law made me. But if Braden Smith is not 100%, and he did hurt his knee in the B10 tourney, there is no way.

If someone could knock off UConn, Illinois could win it all. They are playing great right now and Shannon is back 110%. Two 1st team all-B10 players and great quickness on that team - even their bigs. (now watch them lose to Morehead)

Please not UConn, Kansas, or UNC.

Drake might get by Washington State but not Iowa State. Washington State beat Drake 28 - 27 in 1935 .

ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Purdue chokes every year. I could see them losing in the second round. 

ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

This will be the first tournament in a couple decades that I don't fill out a bracket. My dad works at an engineering firm and, back in the day, would print multiple copies of a "designed" bracket out for me on 11"x17" paper. I'd fill out a bracket and then highlight the picks that I got correct, and would also fill out an actual bracket as each game finished. 

I suppose it doesn't help that I'm a chord-cutter and don't have the full lineup of channels to get games, but I digress, that's not what's bugging me..

I've not watched Lance or Marcus play a game all year and I don't plan to now. It's too painful. It just hurts, man. 

Then this whole snubbing of InSU to rob the MVC of what little money we *do* get...

Not for me. 

Domask and Jones have looked good all year. Occasionally Domask guns a little too much, but he is definitely the better college player between he and Lance.  

Saloukeyfan reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)

Hard to see UConn not winning again. As far as upsets go I'm liking Samford over Kansas 

TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

Not for me. 

With you 1000%

I'm sure many folks will tune in and be cheering for the thug Terrence Shannon. Such a riveting storyline. PUKE!!!

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

So glad we got to see this Virginia vs Colorado State game.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Virginia with the classic 9 minute scoring drought

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

Virginia had no business playing in this tournament 

ReplyQuote