Clear all

2024 NCAA tournament

222 Posts
38 Users
130 Likes
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

UCONN is basically an NBA team and was too, too much for Purdue to handle, just like Illinois. I never cared for Hurley, even when he was playing. That's how old I am...

March on triumphantly!

ReplyQuote
 MPH
(@mph)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@kiwiball 

Nah, UConn runs a MUCH better offense and has better size everywhere but C. But Painter made it clear the game plan was only dump it down to Edey. 

He was trying to get the UConn Center in foul trouble and it worked. But Purdue was so focused on Edey not realizing he was exhausted and couldn't keep pace. It was the most predictable thing I've ever seen. 

Lance had two drives in the second half. One he dished to Edey, who immediately traveled. And the other he scored. Purdue was likely going to lose anyways. But it was one of the worst game plans I have seen in recent memory, especially when their center is 7'2". 

Edit: Their meaning UCONNs. Many of Edeys points came while UConn Center was on the bench. But it was far too late and Purdue had zero rhythm.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by MPH

ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I wouldn't be surprised if UK comes knocking on Hurley's door

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @14_alumdawg

that was the rumor yesterday, but now it’s Jerry Stackhouse.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

No shot, Stackhouse was a disaster at Vanderbilt and they ate his $15 million buyout just to get rid of him 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I am betting on Kelvin Sampson or Billy Donovan. 

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

No shot, Stackhouse was a disaster at Vanderbilt and they ate his $15 million buyout just to get rid of him 

yeah, I just looked a little more in depth at the guy that tweeted that story, and he is a Tennessee fan, so he is probably just screwing with the Kentucky people lol 😂 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Hurley will be the first jerk Kentucky calls! Not sure he'd take the job.

Have to admit he can coach - Painter's bunch was ill-prepared for what UConn does - shut down the outside (only seven 3 pt. shots!) ..but also was less talented except for Edey and Smith. Edey was really impressive with 37 points - think he'll be a better pro than I originally thought. But in the decent human department, Painter wins in a blowout!

from USATODAY's Dan Wolken:

"They just made a decision, like, we can defend the perimeter and we can take this away from you,” Painter said. “Then you’re just going to get the ball to your best player, he’s going to be one-on-one, then that’s that. They were going to live with that. Not everybody can do what they did. You have to give credit to their defense and how they’re coached and how they’re wired.”

But here’s what you also saw: A coach who lost it with the officials every 30 seconds the entire night, complaining about every call or non-call that didn’t go his way. A 51-year-old with the sideline comportment of a toddler hooked to an IV full of Red Bull. A control freak who was dictating every dribble down to the last second as his son, Andrew, spiked the ball off the floor to end the final possession of UConn’s season. A hothead who had a bit of a stare down with Edey going into a timeout in the first half because he thought an illegal screen went uncalled by the officials.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Mr_Woogers

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@mr_woogers I'de take that "jerk" anytime at SIU.

Salukifan32 and Jabman62 reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)

I see this was some people's first time watching Hurley coach lol 

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @salukis60

@mr_woogers I'de take that "jerk" anytime at SIU.

you can coach and be a decent human being and good sideline person 

there are plenty out there at the D1,2 level. if you like that, more power to you. 

i would never hire him with that demeaner as a sideline coach  give me a good coach with a good sideline demeaner 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)

Whatever ever Hurley is doing sure does seem to be successful his behavior I think is being misinterpreted because I believe he just fighting for his players and trying to gain an advantage when dealing with the refs and as far as culture he doesn't seem to lose a ton of players unless it is due to graduation or the draft and all successful coaches tend to be somewhat difficult 

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 15

Share: