Clear all

2024 NCAA tournament

222 Posts
38 Users
130 Reactions
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Purdue-Tennessee is really good basketball.  Knecht and Edey are dominating.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

That was a heckuva game. I am happy for Matt.

Salukifan32 and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I figured Purdue would have choked like the past 44 years.  I was wrong again.  

ReplyQuote
(@oledawg)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @siudawgs

Looking forward to NOT seeing Domask play again in a UIUC jersey. This has not been an enjoyable 3-4 months for me in that regard.

He’s really good. Wish he went somewhere else.

Bad news, he might get a medical redshirt and be back again next year 

it’s time for him to move on.  He’s older than Zion Williamson, Anthony Edwards, Tyrese Halliburton and tons of other NBA studs.  Can’t stay in school forever.

This post was modified 2 months ago by Oledawg

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @oledawg

Posted by: @siudawgs

Looking forward to NOT seeing Domask play again in a UIUC jersey. This has not been an enjoyable 3-4 months for me in that regard.

He’s really good. Wish he went somewhere else.

Bad news, he might get a medical redshirt and be back again next year 

it’s time for him to move on.  He’s older than Zion Williamson, Anthony Edwards, Tyrese Halliburton and tons of other NBA studs.  Can’t stay in school forever.

2 things:

1. Is he done with his education?  If not it’s free if he gets another year.

2. He can make more with NIL than anything else I’d suppose…..Can he make the same here and not have to move to Europe?

Id try to get another year.

Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Looks like a 6th year of Domask is coming

https://twitter.com/therealJeffJ97/status/1775647848383537191?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1775651766039671057%7Ctwgr%5Ed1435a25e23f020aedff59972ec466431f9fb9f0%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.illinoisloyalty.com%2Fpost%2Fillinois-hoops-recruiting-thread.34235%2Fpage-15

He will probably get it because the NCAA is a joke, but I hate this -- a 24-year old should not be playing college basketball. 

Salukifan32, INSaluki, Saloukeyfan and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Enough of this 6 year  and portal garbage and NIL sh$$$$$$t it is making a mockery of college sports and costing good coaches and people their jobs

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Posted by: @jabman62

Enough of this 6 year  and portal garbage and NIL sh$$$$$$t it is making a mockery of college sports and costing good coaches and people their jobs

The 6-year players will end in 2026, when the HS class of 2020 graduates. As far as NIL is concerned, it's here to stay. Because of the O'Bannon case, the courts have killed the NCAA on this subject and there is no turning back.

Saloukeyfan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @obd

Posted by: @jabman62

The 6-year players will end in 2026, when the HS class of 2020 graduates. As far as NIL is concerned, it's here to stay. Because of the O'Bannon case, the courts have killed the NCAA on this subject and there is no turning back.

There will still be the occasional 6 year player because of redshirts and medical redshirts.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Do 6 year players get to take social security early?   LOL

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Dante Cleveland, on our football team last year, was an 8 year player with all the extra years.  His first year of college ball was 2016.   

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
Spike
(@spike)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @beadmedaddio

Dante Cleveland, on our football team last year, was an 8 year player with all the extra years.  His first year of college ball was 2016.   

That's just sad. Dude is almost 30 years old.

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @spike

Posted by: @beadmedaddio

That's just sad. Dude is almost 30 years old.

I guess it is better then facing the real world and getting a job unless he is becoming a doctor I mean who else goes to school for 6 to 8 years

ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

@jabman62 

Maybe Marcus Domask if it is true about him pursuing an extra year due to his foot injury. He may be Dr. Domask, PhD when he finishes playing. 

Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 15

Share: