1,555 Posts
90 Users
1757 Reactions
56.1 K Views
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @bleedfknmaroon25

With Nagy, I wonder if his reputation as a "big man factory" will have younger guys still with plenty to prove like Ebube and Hornecker thinking twice about leaving.

I would be happy if just one of those two stay; and ecstatic if both carry on at SIU.  The more bigs the better he convinces to stay and bring with him from Fairborn to Carbondale.

Go Dawgs!

SlyDawg and saluki82 reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @airdawg86

With Nagy, I wonder if his reputation as a "big man factory" will have younger guys still with plenty to prove like Ebube and Hornecker thinking twice about leaving.

I would be happy if just one of those two stay; and ecstatic if both carry on at SIU.  The more bigs the better he convinces to stay and bring with him from Fairborn to Carbondale.

And remember, Nagy is very into his FAITH and that fits right in with Cade.  I mentioned it before, but just because a player hit the portal does not mean they are 100% out the door.  Until the ink with someone else, they're fair game. 

SlyDawg and Cowboydawg reacted
ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Posted by: @airdawg86

And remember, Nagy is very into his FAITH and that fits right in with Cade.  I mentioned it before, but just because a player hit the portal does not mean they are 100% out the door.  Until the ink with someone else, they're fair game. 

I'll admit that as I listened to Nagy talk about how he views and uses bigs -- prioritizing them in his offense etc. I could've been convinced he was talking directly to Scotty and Cade. I think that's a really good sign.

--Insert something witty here--

SlyDawg, oberkfell, Rockin' Dawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Nice player but can mid level Valley players finish in the top 1/2 of the Big East?

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Posted by: @cosmos

I find it hilarious that “insiders” on twitter declared that Mullins barely paid attention to Benson and burned bridges with him causing him to go to MSU. Then the second he becomes a free agent he goes right to Mullins. 

So, what exactly makes you think he went "right to Mullins"? There are other coaches on that staff you know.

Exactly. He went to Chris Holtman who coached Ohio State and Butler (and probably good NIL money.. DePaul is the largest Catholic university in America and they do have money). People on here are still acting like Mullins was the reason why Loyola made the final four and recruited every one of their good players. Nope - just look at what we got from the portal this year.

DAmico yes-definitely a Mullins guy. Hope he enjoys playing to a mostly empty arena at McCormick place.

I'm betting Nagy gets us some good players from the portal.

Let’s move on to our new coach and see how he does in this upcoming season and the NIL and Portal.  Mullins is gone and has a new job. The DePaul arena is near McCormick place but it’s not McCormick place.  Getting there is tough as nails during rush hour traffic,even worse during winter. I hope this bitching about this about Mullins and. That about Mullins is getting old. We get it. He was a young coach that won. BUT not on the level the administration liked.  Did he need to change some aspects of his game. YES Did he make SIU worse by being a coach that had losing records every year. NO. He kept the GPA up and had his players not in the POLICE BLOTTER. He Increased attendance every year.  His faults are well known and brought up constantly. So let’s stop with this nonsense and look forward to a better outcome with Coach Nagy. 

Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @kiwiball

Posted by: @mr_woogers

I find it hilarious that “insiders” on twitter declared that Mullins barely paid attention to Benson and burned bridges with him causing him to go to MSU. Then the second he becomes a free agent he goes right to Mullins. 

So, what exactly makes you think he went "right to Mullins"? There are other coaches on that staff you know.

Exactly. He went to Chris Holtman who coached Ohio State and Butler (and probably good NIL money.. DePaul is the largest Catholic university in America and they do have money). People on here are still acting like Mullins was the reason why Loyola made the final four and recruited every one of their good players. Nope - just look at what we got from the portal this year.

DAmico yes-definitely a Mullins guy. Hope he enjoys playing to a mostly empty arena at McCormick place.

I'm betting Nagy gets us some good players from the portal.

Let’s move on to our new coach and see how he does in this upcoming season and the NIL and Portal.  Mullins is gone and has a new job. The DePaul arena is near McCormick place but it’s not McCormick place.  Getting there is tough as nails during rush hour traffic,even worse during winter. I hope this bitching about this about Mullins and. That about Mullins is getting old. We get it. He was a young coach that won. BUT not on the level the administration liked.  Did he need to change some aspects of his game. YES Did he make SIU worse by being a coach that had losing records every year. NO. He kept the GPA up and had his players not in the POLICE BLOTTER. He Increased attendance every year.  His faults are well known and brought up constantly. So let’s stop with this nonsense and look forward to a better outcome with Coach Nagy. 

I 2nd this observation please everyone who keeps rehashing the past under Mullins let it go we have a new coach move on no more comparisons fresh start

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

This was absolutely not a comment on Mullins' worthiness as a coach as some other people have turned it into. But, addressing this question, 1: do we really think after a week, Mullins did not have heavy input on Benson to a coach that likely didn't know who Benson was before the last couple weeks 2: My only point in saying this is that there are people that swear Mullins so vehemently ignored Benson and claimed to know the family and said they were completely turned off by Bryan. It would be very odd if that was the case, and then he goes to Depaul. That's it. Definitely no argument to be had from my end on this. Super excited for Nagy and that's all that matters now.

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Can't wait to see some names popping up in here. Nagy and the boys, hit those recruiting trails! 

salukis60 reacted
ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Bryan is a friend of mine and one of the best dudes you will ever meet.  But this is a fan site and it's absolutely fair game to compare his coaching style to what we might expect from Coach Nagy.

AirDawg86 and Dunkledog reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

I agree completely with the let’s move on idea. The Mullins era is history just like the Hinson-Lowery-Painter-Weber-Herrin etc. eras. I look forward to the next era of Saluki basketball with Coach Nagy.

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@freedawg 

Now according to part of his presser, he stated that he was going to concentrate on high school kids with portal transfers in the mix.  So let’s see what happens. The portal is overflowing with players.  Some we can’t even come close to getting. Others we have a shot at. It’s how our NIL dollars come into play!

Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

@kiwiball 

Hopefully he can convince some of those in the portal to stay at SIU. I think there is some talent there that may succeed in the new system of play. 

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/gbiliew/status/1773889080817770551?s=20

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

My prediction is Davis and D'Amico are the only ones who leave 😎 

SlyDawg reacted