2024 Transfer Portal

1,460 Posts
90 Users
1631 Reactions
53.6 K Views
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Would've been totally fine with just Davis and Ebube returning. Still hoping for that even if it seems it's not likely.

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @cosmos

Would've been totally fine with just Davis and Ebube returning. Still hoping for that even if it seems it's not likely.

Davis is going to DePaul 

ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

@barkeep-1967 Has he announced that?

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

It’ll be a shame if Davis goes to DePaul. He could be a really good player if he had good coaching. 

SlyDawg, Salukifan32, Freedawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@barkeep-1967 have you heard about anyone else in the portal? Any chance ebube or anyone comes back

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@saluki44 he will have holtman

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

Holtmann is actually a really poor coach. He was arguably the worst in the B1G at points throughout his tenure at Ohio State.

I think he’ll probably last a while at DePaul, but only because of his recruiting ability. 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

I know nothing but Davis is telling people he is going to DePaul 

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

Holtmann is actually a really poor coach. He was arguably the worst in the B1G at points throughout his tenure at Ohio State.

I think he’ll probably last a while at DePaul, but only because of his recruiting ability. 

Really poor? He's won Big South, Big East and Big Ten coach of the year lol that's really poor?

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32

Really poor? He's won Big South, Big East and Big Ten coach of the year lol that's really poor?

I probably overstated that.

I don’t think he’s a good coach, though. He had a ton of talent at OSU and hardly did anything in the postseason, and the last 2 years were pretty much train wrecks.

He recruits well, but I think his actual in-game coaching leaves a lot to be desired.

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32

I probably overstated that.

I don’t think he’s a good coach, though. He had a ton of talent at OSU and hardly did anything in the postseason, and the last 2 years were pretty much train wrecks.

He recruits well, but I think his actual in-game coaching leaves a lot to be desired.

I'll agree with you there just thought saying he was really poor was a little overboard lol I think he'll do alright at DePaul. Anything but a last place finish for them in the Big East is considered success for that program 

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Is there someone on this board involved with Floor Burn U NiL? I would like to know how much we have collected for this season and do we spread the money out evenly to each player or how does that work?

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Hopefully retaining coach Howard helps us keep some of the guys who entered in the portal. At the press conference Nagy said he was meeting with the players Tuesday. Would love to see Ferguson, Davis, Ebube, Rupert and Hensley re-commit. Would also take a flyer on Hornecker. Additionally, I think Stulic has value with the right coach. Maybe Davis will reconsider his apparent move to DePaul after meeting with the coach. 

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Stulic I think is definitely 100% coming back. 
Ebube I am highly confident will return, as well as Hensley and Ferguson. 

Davis I think is out to join Bryan. Rupert is a toss up for me. He's been engaged on social media with the new hire of Nagy, and also doing the same for DePaul's hiring of Bryan 😋 

(and yes this is what research looks like these days! LOL) 

ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

Stulic I think is definitely 100% coming back. 
Ebube I am highly confident will return, as well as Hensley and Ferguson. 

Davis I think is out to join Bryan. Rupert is a toss up for me. He's been engaged on social media with the new hire of Nagy, and also doing the same for DePaul's hiring of Bryan 😋 

(and yes this is what research looks like these days! LOL) 

I'd be happy with Stulic, Ferguson, Ebube and Hensley. Ferguson, Hensley and Ebube I could see starting at the 3, 4 and 5 spots next year. Again, I think Stulic could play the 2 or 3 off the bench with the right coach. I'm not sure if folks on here know it or not but Ferguson played the entire year hurt after his early season injury. He was way less than 100%. He can be a very dynamic scorer and plus defender when healthy. Getting Rupert back too would be great, although I would love to see Ebube get a shot at starting!

ReplyQuote
Page 28 / 98

Share: