1,349 Posts
89 Users
1489 Likes
47.3 K Views
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @siu-alum-05

Posted by: @dirtydale

With a core of D’Amico, NJ Benson, and Rivera I can definitely see DePaul staying within 50 points of UConn next year 

😂😂😂... Exactly!

Keep laughing guys, they may not be close to UCONN next year. But DePaul can only go up. They were at the bottom.  NIL money will be over flowing there. An alum recently donated 2 million to their Theatre Department.  So there are deep pockets for all of DePaul.  

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @kiwiball

Posted by: @dirtydale

With a core of D’Amico, NJ Benson, and Rivera I can definitely see DePaul staying within 50 points of UConn next year 

😂😂😂... Exactly!

Keep laughing guys, they may not be close to UCONN next year. But DePaul can only go up. They were at the bottom.  NIL money will be over flowing there. An alum recently donated 2 million to their Theatre Department.  So there are deep pockets for all of DePaul.  

They do indeed have deep pockets but they have HAD deep pockets with limited (at best) results the past few years.  Surely with a new HEAD coach, that can potentially change and I am confident that DePaul WILL do better this year than last, but the floor was pretty low.   Also, as much as us MVC fans know the talent of the 3 players that have transferred, none of D'Amico, Benson or Rivera made ANY all Valley teams.  So DePaul isn't even getting the cream of the Valley and then expected to compete against UCONN, Creighton, etc??  As good as those players are and can be, I would think they should be focusing their "poaching" on better players IMO.  

ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

It seems some of us are jumping the gun on exactly what was stated previously in this thread.  This is what was stated.

“Not entirely comfortable with a Valley/DePaul pipeline being built with Mullins there.  Makes me believe if he wanted to, he could "get back" at SIU in the future.”

Nothing was said about competing with UConn.  It was stated about a “pipeline” being established with possible future implications. Doubt anybody in here cares about if DePaul will be good, I’m sure what we care about is if DePaul can start recruiting better and start poaching possible Valley recruits….that is what actually matters. With Mullins having Valley experience it might make them gear a little more toward those types of players.  Which in turn might make them win more and not be the doormat anymore in the Big East. 

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

It's fun to speculate about all this, but at this point I'm not too worried about "the other guys" because I'm focusing on what has to happen at SIU. There's plenty of work to be done to fill the roster for next season, and Mr. Nagy certainly has a lot on his plate.

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by AJCSaluki

1DAWG and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

It's fun to speculate about all this, but at this point I'm not too worried about "the other guys" because I'm focusing on what has to happen at SIU. There's plenty of work to be done to fill the roster for next season, and Mr. Nagy certainly has a lot on his plate.

Shouldn’t be anything to worry about.  We all knew this was going to be the case when a coaching change was made.  Whether you were for or against it,  with the move patience was going to be required.

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@johnny-utah I heard Sheridan is going to round up a few guys from The Rec to fill out the roster. 😉

This post was modified 1 month ago by Rockin' Dawg

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

@johnny-utah I heard Sterling is going to round up a few guys from The Rec to fill out the roster. 😉

All due respect to the former NFL wide receiver, since we only have one player left as far as I know, we might as well get his name right. 😝

Sheridan Sharp

Sandman95 reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Ferguson and Ebube are staying. Good source on this one!

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

That would be awesome news.

Salukifan32, PackerDawg, Quatros Saluki and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

🤞🏻🤞🏻🍻

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

🤞🏻🤞🏻🍻

That would be AWESOME!

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I hope your source is correct. That would be a really good start.

Saluki44, Salukifan32, Freedawg and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

That would be a good start. 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

That would be awesome I’d take a 

starting lineup of

sharp

Aj 

Ebube

oberkfell and SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

That would be significant news and a good start for Nagy. 

ReplyQuote
Page 35 / 90

Share: