[Sticky] 2024 Transfer Portal

1,582 Posts
90 Users
1808 Reactions
57.6 K Views
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

It’s gotten quite quiet on the Kennard front. He shared that video of Mayo on social media last week so I’d think this is a positive in that regard, but clearly it’s been a fluid situation.

Would love to see two quality, tough St. Louis ballers in the starting 5 together.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by siudawgs

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@siudawgs I'm pretty sure he's staying.  But I wouldn't bet on anything at this point.

siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

@resaluki-88 I still have zero idea why we have more athletic players on this roster than we did in the last 5 years. Did our recruiters just not like athletic dudes it’s like they said get us dudes like Troy domico type body

I apologize to everyone in advance for engaging with this guy……

Last year alone we had XJ, AJ, Kennard, Ebube, and Hensley. Those dudes are all very nice athletes. 

are you a troll or do you have some type of memory/intellectual disorder? 

sportsfreak75, INSaluki, SIU_2011 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@dirtydale sorry what I should say is athletic enough. Those dudes wouldn’t have been athletic enough for wardle or devries. Ebube was so out of shape he couldn’t even get decent minutes and Hensley was behind domico who was like your average  white dude at the y. Siu has a history of being less athletic than the best teams. I think anyone who can’t see that is the one with an intellectual disorder or they are lying. Every single starter for Bradley was a better athlete than siu had.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 3 times by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

I also compare us to wardle so much because he built a championship team in 5 years with no nil. Zero reason why we’re on a third coach trying to do that in 12 years when they did it in 5. 

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dirtydale

@resaluki-88 I still have zero idea why we have more athletic players on this roster than we did in the last 5 years. Did our recruiters just not like athletic dudes it’s like they said get us dudes like Troy domico type body

I apologize to everyone in advance for engaging with this guy……

Last year alone we had XJ, AJ, Kennard, Ebube, and Hensley. Those dudes are all very nice athletes. 

are you a troll or do you have some type of memory/intellectual disorder? 

Hensley is very athletic, but he is back. Davis is probably back also. Ferguson is athletic, Ebube is athletic, but out of shape, X was athletic. Folks like D'Amico, Brown, Hornecker and Stulic were far from athletic. The only player mentioned above that could consistently get his own shot was undersized X. If you looked at our overall athleticism and length compared to teams like Bradley, Drake and Indiana State we were far inferior. We have always been lacking in length and athleticism. This staff seems to be recruiting athleticism and players that can get their own shot.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by ReSaluki 88

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@resaluki-88 and im not actually trying to insult them but I do see it as we just haven’t been overly athletic. We have some dudes who were but the best teams have 5-6 dudes who are really good athletes

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@resaluki-88 and im not actually trying to insult them but I do see it as we just haven’t been overly athletic. We have some dudes who were but the best teams have 5-6 dudes who are really good athletes

I agree, while we have had some guys that are athletic like Ferguson, Hensley, Ebube and X we have lacked the length and athletic depth of teams like Bradley, Drake, and Indiana State.

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I also compare us to wardle so much because he built a championship team in 5 years with no nil. Zero reason why we’re on a third coach trying to do that in 12 years when they did it in 5. 

NIL wasn’t a thing in Wardle’s 5 year rebuild…which made his job easier. I’m not sure what your point here is.

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Ignore the positions for now but the roster is starting to take shape.  Definitely gonna need a point guard:

Would like to see a point guard and an experienced 5 who sees the bulk of playing time while Webber and Aligbe are brought along. That would be a pretty good haul.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by AJCSaluki

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

I think the first few years, Mullins and his staff were ignoring length and athleticism but the last few years they were recruiting that much harder.  I'm more interested in what the current staff is doing than the previous staff though.

sportsfreak75, Salukifan32, INSaluki and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

I agree, while we have had some guys that are athletic like Ferguson, Hensley, Ebube and X we have lacked the length and athletic depth of teams like Bradley, Drake, and Indiana State.

Indiana State had a lot of things, depth wasn’t one of them…6 man rotation most of the year and occasionally 7 guys if they had foul trouble.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siu_2011

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Indiana State had a lot of things, depth wasn’t one of them…6 man rotation most of the year and occasionally 7 guys if they had foul trouble.

They may have not been that deep as a team but those that played had great athleticism. Bledson, Larry, Conwell, Kent and Swope are all incredibly athletic. Every single one of those players could also get their own shot. Additionally, Larry, Bledson, Conwell and Kent all had very good length. Length isn't just how tall you are, it's how big you play, your vertical and your reach/arm length. 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@siu_2011 my point is the nil was only a thing for one of the last 11 years. Barry had no nil and Bryan had one year of it. We did nothing. Those 11 years killed us. If you can’t do it without the nil idk how you do it with it

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

The only big men I have us going after right now are:

Eli Wilborn (FR)

Jeremiah Nyarko (SO)

Daniel Rouzan (SO)

Dom Parolin (GR)

Are there any others that folks out there have seen or heard? Or I may have missed?

ReplyQuote
Page 79 / 106

Share: