45.8 K Views
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

So if we hire this guy who can we get to ask Tim Leonard what happened to his checklist… because we need that answer.

If they had an introductory news conference and I was there, it's the first thing I'd ask. But I live more than 800 miles from Carbondale in retirement, and haven't attended a press conference in many years, anyway. I would hope someone from the Southern Illinoisan or DE would be aggressive enough to ask, but who knows if they'll even cover the news conference.

Any of us can email Leonard, of course -- his email address undoubtedly is in the athletic staff directory -- but it's probably best not to hold our breaths waiting for a response.

if we were to publicly demand a response on behalf of the fans and posters on this fan board I think we might get one… but that would be up to those in charge here. Just a thought.

🤣🤣🤣  you do not seem to know the university’s opinion of us 

Correct. I sent a very polite email to chancellor’s office appx two weeks ago asking a question, no response whatsoever. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

The forum has in the past asked questions, asked for credentials… public pressure from fans to answer a question is very different. Many fan groups around the world get answers by asking them as a united team and publicly.  We are the ones who pay their bills, after all and I’ll be honest I’ve never been so close to not buying tickets and saying forget buying the merchandise. 

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @thunnellvision

The guys were here to win. They were here. It didn’t happen. You see what they’re doing at Illinois and Purdue.
We didn’t win. We never even sniffed an NIT. We never sniffed the top 100, for god sakes.

A change was needed, a change will happen, and we won’t know how to judge it until the hiring is made and the results are shown on the court.

This self-defeatism that runs in the fanbase, ‘oh, woah is us! We can’t compete!’ is absolute garbage.

The only thing mentioned above that I’ll definitely cater to is the need for NIL investment. We’re behind, and we need to at least compete with the likes of Indiana State in that area (we’re not).

I have faith (which many people here seemingly do not), that when that machine gets going, that we can build a solid program and compete at a higher level. Not talking about getting the tournament, or even winning games in the tournament…we’re just talking about SNIFFING an NIT for crying out loud. That didn’t happen, and based on the recruiting/portal usage/coaching of the last 5 years, it didn’t look like it was going to happen with the previous regime. That said, I think we all love and believe that Bryan Mullins will be successful down the road. He’s a good dude.

A guy with true major associate P5 coaching experience OR a midmajor HC from a conference just below us could be the recipe. I think both parties are more qualified than our previous candidate was; just my two cents.

God, please give us a coach; I don’t want to re-hash the firing again.

you are living in la la land. 
read some of the previous comments above yours. We are behind in practice facilities, NIL money, lack of funds for travel, recruiting paying coaches. Administrative staff working 3 jobs and getting paid for one, instability in our administration. 3 AD’s in 5 years, a chancellor who has applied for 2 other jobs in recent months. 
coaches are not dumb. They see this and say no thanks like 2-3 of them did. It’s a different land out there now. We are behind and doing bake sales to raise money as opposed to what other universities are doing to stay relevant. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by KIWIBALL

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @kiwiball

Posted by: @thunnellvision

The guys were here to win. They were here. It didn’t happen. You see what they’re doing at Illinois and Purdue.
We didn’t win. We never even sniffed an NIT. We never sniffed the top 100, for god sakes.

A change was needed, a change will happen, and we won’t know how to judge it until the hiring is made and the results are shown on the court.

This self-defeatism that runs in the fanbase, ‘oh, woah is us! We can’t compete!’ is absolute garbage.

The only thing mentioned above that I’ll definitely cater to is the need for NIL investment. We’re behind, and we need to at least compete with the likes of Indiana State in that area (we’re not).

I have faith (which many people here seemingly do not), that when that machine gets going, that we can build a solid program and compete at a higher level. Not talking about getting the tournament, or even winning games in the tournament…we’re just talking about SNIFFING an NIT for crying out loud. That didn’t happen, and based on the recruiting/portal usage/coaching of the last 5 years, it didn’t look like it was going to happen with the previous regime. That said, I think we all love and believe that Bryan Mullins will be successful down the road. He’s a good dude.

A guy with true major associate P5 coaching experience OR a midmajor HC from a conference just below us could be the recipe. I think both parties are more qualified than our previous candidate was; just my two cents.

God, please give us a coach; I don’t want to re-hash the firing again.

you are living in la la land. 
read some of the previous comments above yours. We are behind in practice facilities, NIL money, lack of funds for travel, recruiting paying coaches. Administrative staff working 3 jobs and getting paid for one, instability in our administration. 3 AD’s in 5 years, a chancellor who has applied for 2 other jobs in recent months. 
coaches are not dumb. They see this and say no thanks like 2-3 of them did. It’s a different land out there now. We are behind and doing bake sales to raise money as opposed to what other universities are doing to stay relevant. 

Here is the link to the Saluki Football Alliance, SIU’s NIL Collective, where you can make a monthly or one-time donation: https://salukinil.org/

Nick Hill was advocating for this in a recent interview posted on the football forum. I plan on setting up a monthly donation myself. 

PackerDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@saluki44 

for people that are.not familiar with this. Where is the adverts to the thousands of alumni thruout  the nation.  Need to make  some type of information on some kind of media to the alums. 

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

@saluki44 that’s for football there is a separate nil for men’s basketball

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

@saluki44 that’s for football there is a separate nil for men’s basketball

My oversight. Here’s the link to the one for Men’s basketball, the Floorburn U Collective:

https://nilfloorburnu.com/

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki

@saluki44 like you, I’d like to set up a regular monthly contribution but I think it only allows one time donations which is just stupid 

oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

If it’s the Wisconsin guy I’ll be so unhappy but maybe it’ll work out… I just can’t believe this is who it’s come to after all that talk. Leonard is a liar.

ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@saluki-4-life Jesus dude just stop your bitching already.  It has been nearly two decades since we've done anything on the national stage.  Just relax and pray that the basketball gods shine on us once again.  I know it is unlikely, but we can always hope.

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki

If it’s the Wisconsin guy I’ll be so unhappy but maybe it’ll work out… I just can’t believe this is who it’s come to after all that talk. Leonard is a liar.

it doesn’t make him a liar if he just couldn’t get who he wanted. 

Rockin' Dawg, Cowboydawg, Dawg and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
terrier1
(@terrier1)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@barkeep-1967 good!  He's kind of gone off the rails on Facebook.  I can see how it would be hard to tell though

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @dawg

@saluki-4-life Jesus dude just stop your bitching already.  It has been nearly two decades since we've done anything on the national stage.  Just relax and pray that the basketball gods shine on us once again.  I know it is unlikely, but we can always hope.

what does it say about our future prospects that we had to move on to candidate 5 on our list just to get a yes?  Even administration would probably agree they are a bit queezy about that.

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Just so everyone knows who thinks they are great recruiters up there in Wisco... at a BIG10 school their class is 56.. Behind schools like Loyola, Old Dominion and San Diego St... 

ReplyQuote
Dawg
 Dawg
(@dawg)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dawg

what does it say about our future prospects that we had to move on to candidate 5 on our list just to get a yes?  Even administration would probably agree they are a bit queezy about that.

You've made your point about 50 times.  We get it.  Just chill and let's pretend we have some good news for once even if it might not be true.

Saloukeyfan reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 105 / 164

Share: