112 Users
2685 Reactions
45.8 K Views
the bobber
(@the-bobber)
Saluki Platnum Member Saluki Insider

Posted by: @saluki3peat

@OBD 

Think I saw flight that left Carbondale and landed in Herrin. Not sure what that means. 🤷‍♂️

it means steve fisher is still alive.

oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

This is what I think of this thread:

watch until the end. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by oberkfell

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

This thread is going to be 150 pages long by the time we choose a coach lol 

ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

So speaking of NIL, I’m not sure on rules and regulations, but I think they are missing a little bit.  Yes the online individual donations will add up, but where the person in charge of NIL is missing out is with the business owners in southern Illinois.  Start out with season ticket holders….I know many who are run successful businesses.  Someone needs to beat the bushes so to speak and see what they can get to fly out.  Go further than an email, make a phone call, see if there is any interest, might have to “wine and dine” them and make them feel special.  The business owners I know might not give something from an email but if you can make them feel special you might get some sizable donations.  Now more than likely not going to be millions at a time but these businesses might be able to make larger donations than most.

ReplyQuote
(@saluki3peat)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@ OBD

Classic Steve Fisher reference!

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

@tj-mcflys 

That is a tough stance to take and one I BOTH 100% understand but do not necessarily agree with.  There was a time not that long ago, due to personal circumstances, when I simply could not afford to donate to SIU/SIU Athletics.  Luckily, things have changed and I am not able to support the school and program (if I so choose), but I don't think that now allows my opinion to be more valid.  That being said, again I agree with you that people should seriously consider donating if they can.  

I realize this may not be a popular statement, but it's true............... I will donate more if I feel like they did their due diligence and hire a coach that can help bring the program back to the top of the Valley and/or postseason.   

TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Can we get this back on topic please 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@johnny-utah I’m almost certain they’re pursuing this already.

ReplyQuote
wiegie
(@wiegie)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

Ferris State lost tonight, so I guess we will know soon if it is going to be Andy Bronkema. 😏

AJCSaluki and oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Regardless of who gets hired, this obviously has not gone according to plan. I’ve voiced why I think some of these coaches have passed, but I sure hope the athletic department is taking notes too in these conversations. It certainly should allow them to put together a list of things that need to be addressed soon.

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @wiegie

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

Ferris State lost tonight, so I guess we will know soon if it is going to be Andy Bronkema. 😏

He appears fully qualified to be a Division I coach, even if our administration doesn't think so. He's in MAC country, so maybe he winds up in that conference one of these days.

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by AJCSaluki

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@siu_2011 

just read a piece on OSU/ Stillwater. How the boosters and fans are going berserk on the lack getting a coach yet. Saying all these other schools have pulled the trigger and hired someone.  So we are not the only one in this predicament!

ReplyQuote
(@joec50)
Davies Gym Poster

Do we know for a fact that all of these possible coaches have passed or is it just conjecture?  Might it be that some are just waiting to see what schools offer them the best deal?  

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

I want to get the right coach but damn if I don't want a coach like Josh Schertz.  Watching guys run up and down the floor and score in droves would be super fun in Carbondale.  It would be like when cavemen saw fire for the first time.

Saloukeyfan reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

I want to get the right coach but damn if I don't want a coach like Josh Schertz.  Watching guys run up and down the floor and score in droves would be super fun in Carbondale.  It would be like when cavemen saw fire for the first time.

I like the way they play.  I still can’t believe SIU beat them. 

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 119 / 164

Share: