Clear all

Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2685 Reactions
45.8 K Views
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@saluki3peat Mike Reis retirement party ?

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @jabman62

Posted by: @dunkledog

Posted by: @johnny-utah

I hear this one a lot these days….”Mullins is a terrible coach, he had Domask and Jones on his team and couldn’t get it done.” What are we going to say about Belmont?  The schools that are talking to Gillespie and Dia are impressive high major schools, and then throw Tyson on top those two.  They finished 6th?

100 percent fair but doesn’t excuse it 

Dunkledog do you ever have a positive thought

when something positive happens. 

ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

Posted by: @johnny-utah

I hear this one a lot these days….”Mullins is a terrible coach, he had Domask and Jones on his team and couldn’t get it done.” What are we going to say about Belmont?  The schools that are talking to Gillespie and Dia are impressive high major schools, and then throw Tyson on top those two.  They finished 6th?

I get your point to an extent, but one major difference is those Belmont guys were sophomores whereas Domask and Jones played four years with Southern.

Honestly the team was young but man, looking back at Belmont last year with Shepard how’d they not fare better, they had some talent.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukifan32

Posted by: @siu-alum-05

https://twitter.com/Dawgs_MBB/status/1772715192188645463?t=SXH_Hv4yCXIZTgibYnodiQ&s=19

I'll be listening in to this tonight.

Yeah no thanks. The way they were tweeting at Leonard saying he should be fired was just a silly look. Be critical of the man if you want but tagging the man in tweets saying he should be fired is just weird 

It was bush league. I saw them and a couple SIU fans doing that. Tagging both Leonard and Lane.  

ReplyQuote
wiegie
(@wiegie)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

@saluki3peat after witnessing what just happened on the SMS board vs. the actual hiring, I believe NOTHING 😆

Same. Except that I base my non-beliefs on witnessing what happened on the SIU boards during previous coach hiring processes. 😎 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @wiegie

@saluki3peat after witnessing what just happened on the SMS board vs. the actual hiring, I believe NOTHING 😆

Same. Except that I base my non-beliefs on witnessing what happened on the SIU boards during previous coach hiring processes. 😎 

whoaaaaaa   We told you it was Bryan a month before it was announced at least. 

ReplyQuote
Cowboydawg
(@cowboydawg)

Posted by: @obd

C'mon, you FlightAware people!!! There HAS to be an airplane flying SOMEPLACE!!! 😆 

😂

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

@saluki44 like you, I’d like to set up a regular monthly contribution but I think it only allows one time donations which is just stupid 

I just saw this reply. I just tried to set up my monthly donation and ran into an issue too. When I clicked on the ‘Monthly Donation’ link, it brought me to a page where I could enter my payment information, but on the left side of the page, it displayed $25, and I couldn’t change the amount. I wanted to set up more than that. 

So, I went back to the home page and noticed a ‘Donate Now’ link at the bottom of the page, and from that link I was able to change the default amount to what I wanted and make the payment, but I’m not sure if what I donated was a one-time payment or monthly. 

Anyone else run into this? I guess I should shoot them an email. 

ReplyQuote
wiegie
(@wiegie)

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

You did, but you also said this four months before it was announced. (To be clear, I am just giving you some friendly trouble.)

The sad thing is Mullins was signed sealed and delivered.  All you Jerry Kill fans ponder on that for a moment 

btw that ship has sailed. Mullins will not be the coach at SIU 

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

You did, but you also said this four months before it was announced. (To be clear, I am just giving you some friendly trouble.)

The sad thing is Mullins was signed sealed and delivered.  All you Jerry Kill fans ponder on that for a moment 

btw that ship has sailed. Mullins will not be the coach at SIU 

I don’t recall that but I’m pretty sure kill screwed something up in there 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Barkeep 1967

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki44

@saluki44 like you, I’d like to set up a regular monthly contribution but I think it only allows one time donations which is just stupid 

I just saw this reply. I just tried to set up my monthly donation and ran into an issue too. When I clicked on the ‘Monthly Donation’ link, it brought me to a page where I could enter my payment information, but on the left side of the page, it displayed $25, and I couldn’t change the amount. I wanted to set up more than that. 

So, I went back to the home page and noticed a ‘Donate Now’ link at the bottom of the page, and from that link I was able to change the default amount to what I wanted and make the payment, but I’m not sure if what I donated was a one-time payment or monthly. 

Well, you're doing better than i am, because when i click the "join us" button, the only option it gives me is a one time donation. There is no set up monthly donation like there is on the football one.

Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Well, you're doing better than i am, because when i click the "join us" button, the only option it gives me is a one time donation. There is no set up monthly donation like there is on the football one.

Unless you're talking about the football alliance, because i just looked and that is exactly how it is. I never donated to football, (i know im weird, but never been a fan of football) I just donate to the Floorburn U collective for basketball, and i doesn't even give you an option for a recurring monthly donation.

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)

Posted by: @salukifan32

Posted by: @siu-alum-05

https://twitter.com/Dawgs_MBB/status/1772715192188645463?t=SXH_Hv4yCXIZTgibYnodiQ&s=19

I'll be listening in to this tonight.

Yeah no thanks. The way they were tweeting at Leonard saying he should be fired was just a silly look. Be critical of the man if you want but tagging the man in tweets saying he should be fired is just weird 

A few months ago I did something I am not accustomed to. Simply put, I lost my poise. I believe it was after the Bradley loss at home. Indeed, it was quite the debacle. While some choose to vent during a game, or directly after, I make an effort to refrain at least until the next day. My emotions are extremely high after a loss, and I do not wish to choose the wrong words. 

I was appalled at what some folks were posting via social media, as well as this very message board. Calling for Coach Mullins, Chancellor Lane, and Mr. Leonard's jobs was just a bit ridiculous, and downright embarrassing IMO. It certainly does not promote the image SIU is making an effort to move away from. 

Lastly, I don't understand how some folks can make derogatory comments towards players/kids who chose to become a Saluki. They then display two face, and praise said player when they have chosen to transfer out? All for a few likes on a Twitter page? 

In the end, I believe we were all disappointed in the season, especially the last few weeks. Equally frustrating is the search for the next Saluki coach, and the absolute silly rumors. If the folks on this board doing the most complaining are willing to step up and open their wallets for NIL, then our next coach will be well ahead of the curve. If you choose not to donate, then you really have zero say in the matter, or anything SIU. 

GO DAWGS!!! 

ReplyQuote
wiegie
(@wiegie)

I don’t recall that but I’m pretty sure kill screwed something up in there 

🤣 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Unless you're talking about the football alliance, because i just looked and that is exactly how it is. I never donated to football, (i know im weird, but never been a fan of football) I just donate to the Floorburn U collective for basketball, and i doesn't even give you an option for a recurring monthly donation.

Thanks for checking! You’re right, I was talking about football. I just sent an email to the address listed for football (salukifootballalliance@gmail.com). 

I didn’t mention anything regarding the basketball website, but maybe someone involved with the collective will see our exchange and look into implementing a monthly option for basketball. 

ReplyQuote
Page 118 / 164

Share: