Clear all

Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2543 Likes
44.9 K Views
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@dawgbytes I’m sure most people know how coaches who don’t win are treated it’s nothing new

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dawgbytes

What person wants to sign up with SIU as a coach when they see how Mullins was treated. 

You mean treated with a press release that was nationally made fun of because of how nice it was to him?  Or are you talking about him being fired?  Most coaches are taking over for someone who was fired.

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

The spin on this hire should be entertaining. Pass the popcorn. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
(@skodawgs)
Dawg Pound Poster

Well barstool posted about the hiring so it MUST be true!

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @kiwiball

Posted by: @dunkledog

@kiwiball idk about all that but the guy has a successful record and he has a 6’10 Illinois wolves kid from normal. Obviously the last connections to the wolves wasn’t that strong if wright state could out recruit them.

Not dissing the hire. Supposedly we had 3 or 4 names that were either handshake signed or mention as our top priority.  Just how did we go from the 3-4 handshake candidates to Scott Nagy. Then his age? Is this hire something the administration things is safe because of him not moving on if successful as the other candidates might do.  Just would like the opportunity to see what their thinking is to fill the position of HC 

We will not know until at least the end of the 2nd year if we had a good hire. 

Just because of his age he might not move on if successful at SIU?  Nah, his ego will be even bigger if he's been successful here (too),; then he can move on to a high-mid major and up the pay scale even more.  And especially true if his wife stays behind ( 😉 ); she might look-around and begin to think Dayton is pretty damn nice afterall.  I'm guessing one of the SIU deciders might like his style of game.

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukiworld

What person wants to sign up with SIU as a coach when they see how Mullins was treated. 

You mean treated with a press release that was nationally made fun of because of how nice it was to him?  Or are you talking about him being fired?  Most coaches are taking over for someone who was fired.

Mullins was NOT treated badly. Basketball coaches that don't meet expectations get fired. I think he walked away with a year of salary too.

ReplyQuote
(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

You hear us, Mr. Spradlin? The best job in college athletics is about to be off the table if you don't speak up in five...four........three..............three and a half..........

.......twwwwwoooooooo......

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Mullins was NOT treated badly. Basketball coaches that don't meet expectations get fired. I think he walked away with a year of salary too.

Bullshit. He had the stool kicked out from under him by our wonderful chancellor. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

MPH, SIU_2011 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @woofie2

Posted by: @salukian

SIU should consider Wright State coach Scott Nagy 🤩 

Odd you would mention that. Their third or fourth choice was flown in today.

Nagy's first regular season win for Wright State was in Carbondale, 2016.
Can we get an away game for SIU at Wright state to start the season? to return the favor....

Yup, lost about 30 bucks (case of 50 West Xmas ale) on that to a WSU alum colleague.  He still gives me shit about WSU beating the "dogs". 

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Bullshit. He had the stool kicked out from under him by our wonderful chancellor. 

Alright, I'm very much a Mullins guy who is still stung and disappointed by what happened, but I have to ask: how many years would you have given Bryan to take SIU to postseason play? It kind of feels like you would have given him an unconditional, lifetime contract.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @rafflaw

I am anxiously awaiting the official announcement of Nagy's hiring.  If he is the coach, I hope he can bring Jaheem Webber with him.  He needs to get moving on the portal asap so that we can actually field a team! 

We offered Webber along with Bradley and Illinois State. 6'6" Alex Bruskotter another Wright State commit was offered by Belmont and Illinois State and as mentioned earlier they have 3* 6'10" Ayden Davis committed. I'd take all three.

They've had 5 guys enter the portal in the last 10 days. 1 was a walk on, 2 didn't really play and 2 were junior's who had decent roles on the team, but weren't their stars. Their top 2 players have no eligibility left. I would love for current roster players Brandon Noel and Alex Huibregtse to follow Nagy to SIU.

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@mr_woogers 

again I am not bashing SIU. I posted this to show what one company did to show some perspective on the MVC. CHRIST it’s like you think I hate SIU and the VALLEY. Move on will you! 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I just looked over Nagy’s resume. It’s impressive.

If this ends up being true, I look forward to reading the apologies of certain someones among us who for the past 2 weeks crapped all over Leonard for “lying” to us when he said he planned to target a proven head coach. 

ReplyQuote
(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @kiwiball

@mr_woogers 

again I am not bashing SIU. I posted this to show what one company did to show some perspective on the MVC. CHRIST it’s like you think I hate SIU and the VALLEY. Move on will you! 

Okay now, I wasn't even going to get into this but you can't tell people to "move on" when you've taken at least three separate posts in two different threads (or at least at two different gaps in time in one thread) posting those "graphs". 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

If it's Nagy, I have no doubt if he can assemble a competitive MVC roster, he will make SIU a contender. That's a big if, though. It is a little concerning that there's been a dropoff in performance since the portal has taken over recruiting. We'd find out quickly as we're already in the midst of high portal season.

ReplyQuote
Page 131 / 164

Share: