Clear all

Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2543 Likes
45 K Views
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

A question for any poster. I looked at the SIU  athletic department website. Bryan Mullins is not listed as the HC but all the asst. coaches are still on there. What is their contract status? 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @airdawg86

Don Donoher; he was the pax today.  He ticks all the boxes for Leonard.  None of the other coaches discussed thus far have coached a team in the NCAA Championship game and won the NIT.  He might be a little rusty on the recruiting trail and all the NIL stuff though.

🤣  I had to look it up 

Rockin' Dawg, Salukifan32, rafflaw and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 DMR
(@dmr)
Davies Gym Poster

@ajcsaluki Yes Carbondale isn't for everyone. It's not a big city if that's what you like.

But I know people that came to school here and never left. Others that grew up here that moved away and will never return. 

That probably should have been part of the calculation of letting Mullins go and getting a new coach.  I think Bryan truly liked it in Carbondale and will be a great head coach someday. I would have liked it to be here. 

Having said that Lowery when we meet him over his tenure seemed to hated being here.  Barry seemed to like it here but his wife I'm not sure did. 

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@salukiworld hey their colours maroon and white. Won’t have to get a new suit🤔

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
 DMR
(@dmr)
Davies Gym Poster

@kiwiball maybe they are in the middle of updating it. It was my understanding that they worked for Bryan unless the new HC wants to hire them.

Just looked at the App. They are all still listed there.

This post was modified 2 months ago by DMR

ReplyQuote
 Frog
(@frog)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

I can hardly wait to get up tomorrow morning and find out how many of you guys are still posting out here at close to midnight. Some of you have no other life.

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Thunnellvision
(@thunnellvision)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@frog hey!

Bow Em

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@dmr 

But why is Mullins off but they are still on. Don’t they have a separate contract until certain date?  Would they still be working or just collecting their checks?

ReplyQuote
 DMR
(@dmr)
Davies Gym Poster

@kiwiball I meant they are all there including Bryan. Just looked at the app and the Web page.

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @frog

I can hardly wait to get up tomorrow morning and find out how many of you guys are still posting out here at close to midnight. Some of you have no other life.

Whoa!  I resemble that remark.  😆 

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Another suggestion if Nagy doesn't happen, A.W. Hamilton at Eastern Kentucky.  Not the most exciting resume so far but was a successful high school coach and his Eastern Kentucky teams have been somewhat successful.  Very up-tempo play style.  He was in the mix for the UIC job.

I think if we hire someone like that Tim Leonard needs to be shown the door.

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dmr

@kiwiball I meant they are all there including Bryan. Just looked at the app and the Web page.

He's on the roster page but off the staff directory:

https://siusalukis.com/staff-directory

The guy on MVCFans said Jerrance Howard is the interim and running the show right now.  Not sure what that means for the other coaches.  I think I remember when we fired Hinson that the other coaches had contracts that ran through the end of March/April maybe.  Also could do with Bryan already having another job.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

I’ll just drop this here. Not my opinion this was an outside observation from a non SIU fan. 

“You guys are in a much worse spot than you can imagine. Strap yourself in. Your chancellor has a foot out the door which equals instability. Your AD is likely to get fired. More instability. Plus, there are additional underlying admin issues that makes this job VERY risky.”

SlyDawg and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @kiwiball

@dmr 

But why is Mullins off but they are still on. Don’t they have a separate contract until certain date?  Would they still be working or just collecting their checks?

Bryan - and his picture - are still showing up on the roster page of the basketball team website.  What page are you looking at?

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

I’ll just drop this here. Not my opinion this was an outside observation from a non SIU fan. 

“You guys are in a much worse spot than you can imagine. Strap yourself in. Your chancellor has a foot out the door which equals instability. Your AD is likely to get fired. More instability. Plus, there are additional underlying admin issues that makes this job VERY risky.”

yeah, seems that way

ReplyQuote
Page 146 / 164

Share: