(@terrier1)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@dunkledog exactly

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

I’ll just drop this here. Not my opinion this was an outside observation from a non SIU fan. 

“You guys are in a much worse spot than you can imagine. Strap yourself in. Your chancellor has a foot out the door which equals instability. Your AD is likely to get fired. More instability. Plus, there are additional underlying admin issues that makes this job VERY risky.”

What is his basis for this opinion?  Why is the AD likely to get fired if the Chancellor is about to leave?  Any specifics or examples of the additional underlying admin issues making this such a risky move for any coaching candidate?

Wouldn't surprise me if this is all true but...

And related thought

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

There will be an official announcement tomorrow.

Go Dawgs!

Saloukeyfan, Quatros Saluki, Salukifan32 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@airdawg86 you just gonna keep saying this? lol gonna have Saluki 4 life credibility after this lol

SlyDawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

@airdawg86  🤣  again ?

SlyDawg, Kyle_Saluki_17, MPH and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Thunnellvision
(@thunnellvision)

@airdawg86 lol

Bow Em

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@airdawg86 

I was on the SIU ATHLETIC website. That I googled and it listed AD and such. No pictures just names and positions 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@barkeep-1967 so if this is the case how scared are the athletics people they won’t find a quality coach ?

ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)

If the Chancellor has one foot out the door then why is he pulling the strings for HC?  I don’t doubt anyone’s info, it just seems odd that he would care if he’s trying to leave. 

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I’ll just drop this here. Not my opinion this was an outside observation from a non SIU fan. 

“You guys are in a much worse spot than you can imagine. Strap yourself in. Your chancellor has a foot out the door which equals instability. Your AD is likely to get fired. More instability. Plus, there are additional underlying admin issues that makes this job VERY risky.”

Key word non SIU fan. There is absolutely no indication Leonard will be fired or even has a hot seat. People are pissed Bryan got fired, other are happy. The pissed off people are so pissed off they may publicly call for Leonard's job. Most of those people are just making noise and have absolutely no pull regarding Leonard's status. It's the AD's job to take the heat. Lots of haters and trolls, don't believe everything you hear or read...

SlyDawg and Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

That is not my words. I don’t know the guy. He seems like a bit of a Tin foil  hat guy buttttt. 

this is one outside opinion and it does not surprise me 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @packerdawg

If the Chancellor has one foot out the door then why is he pulling the strings for HC?  I don’t doubt anyone’s info, it just seems odd that he would care if he’s trying to leave. 

Lane has one foot out the door. I have not seen anybody dispute that 

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Is this a perceived notion by just him or is he just blowing smoke? Or is it something that is just perceived outside of the southern Illinois area 

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @kiwiball

Is this a perceived notion by just him or is he just blowing smoke? Or is it something that is just perceived outside of the southern Illinois area 

I literally have no idea who or what he is. I think it a purple pimps fan. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @packerdawg

Lane has one foot out the door. I have not seen anybody dispute that 

By all indications Lane has done a stellar job while he's been at SIU. Enrollment is up, giving is way up and new programs are being initiated. SIU pays their Chancellor way less than most public universities. He was asked to apply for the NMSU job. Lot's of folks look to improve their position. By all indications he is still hard at work at SIU. There are folks on here that obviously have an axe to grind with Lane. However, it's hard to dispute Southern is in better shape than when he arrived. That's not to say SIU doesn't have a long way to go.

ReplyQuote
Page 147 / 164

Share: