(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Oh God please no Gregg Marshall

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @barkeep-1967

Just stop it with Marshall    No

I don't think a coach accused of physical and verbal abuse would fit the profile of what Leonard is looking for. Marshall also is 61 years old and was paid almost $8 million to go away from Wichita State. No need for him ever to have to coach again.

ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Anybody heard any names from credible  sources lately. I haven’t heard anything other than hear say. Nothing credible like the leaking of the firing snafu.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @airdawg86

Posted by: @obd

Posted by: @airdawg86

He sold the Cessna CJ2 at least 3 or 4 years ago and as of about 2 years ago had not replaced it with another small bizjet.  I don't think he owns any aircraft right now.  I'll do some N-registry searches later today/this week.

I almost typed a wise-ass comment the other night that we can't use FlightAware to track Cook's aircraft this time around...

Thanks. Just a novice question. Is FlightAware not available any more?

FlightAware is still around.  FlightRadar24 is another decent flight tracking service.

I tried to track him but kept coming up with Tay Tay! 

ReplyQuote
(@garywilsonfan)

I would think if it was KS it would have been announced by now.

ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @misty

Am I the only one being told they’re trying hard for Gregg Marshall? 

Where did you see this?

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @garywilsonfan

I would think if it was KS it would have been announced by now.

Mizzou’s season isn’t over yet 

ReplyQuote
(@garywilsonfan)

@salukiworld 

I get that, but he isn't the head coach so I don't see why that would be a hold up.

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @obd

In 28 pages of comments, I can't believe that no one has asked the question....

Where is Greg Cook's plane?

Greg Cook sold his company and no longer leases a plane. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

@garywilsonfan that would probably be announced tomorrow if it is him (assuming Mizzou loses tonight)

ReplyQuote
(@14_alumdawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @grimper57

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

Has anyone considered that KS is just as disinterested in SIU as he has been for the past decade? 🤔  

Exactly.  Everyone thinks that KS will jump on the job if it's offered to him.  I'm not so sure that's the case.

Past decade???? KS was a finalist behind Bryan. Maybe that put a sour taste in his mouth but certainly wasn’t disinterested for a decade 

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I'm not sure why the above sentence about "KS being disinterested in SIU for the past decade" was attributed to me. Appears to have been some sort of glitch with the quote coding, possibly by me. I live hundreds of miles away from SIU and certainly have not been in position to have access to inside information of that sort, aside from reading Saluki-Insider. No big deal; just wanted to set the record straight.

Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

I watched Colgate take yet another championship and is heading back to the NCAA tournament again.  Watching them cut down the nets, the unhinged joy and excitement of the players, staff and fans reminds me of why we should absolutely not accept anything less than a program that strives for championships.  The goal of finishing in the top half of the MVC is simply not good enough.  Colgate plays in the Patriot conference which arguably faces even more difficult issues with the portal, NIL (and I assure you they dealt with Covid).   Instead of looking for excuses on why our previous coaches did not perform, we need to demand that our administration put together a coaching staff and athletic program that puts themselves in a position to win year in and year out.  I hope to see a day where a 4th, 5th or 6th place finish is the exception and not the ceiling.  

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@insaluki 

there was a quote or saying put out by someone awhile back at SIU. Athletics is the porch/front door to the house. You see it first and cross it before you enter the house. 
The exposure of your athletic programs is what gets your university the exposure. 
Hopefully the administration will put forth the effort to make sure we have a porch/ front door in our next hire in basketball to get that exposure like we want!

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

https://twitter.com/ByPatForde/status/1768323989582017017

Saw his name thrown out there for the SIU job several days ago. Guessing he wouldn't mind a change of scenery right about now and he has a pretty good body of work, but his MAC tournament history is brutal.

ReplyQuote
Page 30 / 164

Share: