(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

nm

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Shout out to Dylan and all of the folks working with the Dawg Pound. It was great to see the bleachers packed and loud. Hope they can continue the growth. Of course, the play on the floor will have a lot to do with that.

Saluki44, Quatros Saluki, rafflaw and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@g-man)
Saluki Stadium Poster

From a student perspective I understand, however it’s a real shame that kids only came for the free tuition raffle and then left. Only way this city is put on the map is if students and residents show up and SIU is winning. I think SIU ticketing did a great job with filling the bleachers that opposed the DAWG Pound. I think SIU needs to lower those ticket prices every single week to get people to show up. Banterra was electric last night and definitely the loudest since I started here. 

ReSaluki 88 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)

To give the students a little credit last night, Southern was up 30 with about 4 minutes left in the game when they did the drawing. I am not sure that there was much of any reason to stay at the game rather than going back to their dorm and studying, like most good college students do.  😀 

G-Man reacted
ReplyQuote
(@g-man)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@obd I totally agree and I’d imagine there was a reason Dylan chose to do the drawing toward the end of the game, however the only reason student attendance was so high was because of the free tuition. Student attendance will not be nearly as high for any other game this year unless we look like we could make a March run at the end of the season. The Dawg pound does a phenomenal job, but SIU students need to show up regardless and that unfortunately won’t happen.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)

Same thing for the old folks like me. They won't come out for Tennessee State or Chicago State, but they will be in the building in February if the Salukis are in the running for the #1 seed in the Valley Tournament.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @obd

Same thing for the old folks like me. They won't come out for Tennessee State or Chicago State, but they will be in the building in February if the Salukis are in the running for the #1 seed in the Valley Tournament.

I can honestly say that in my 4 years in Carbondale, I might have missed only 1-2 games while I was physically on campus.   Probably explains my slightly above 3 GPA.  LOL 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Happy to report I just threw some bones to the Dawgs in the Pound!

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

Booby's, rafflaw, SlyDawg and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Anyone have an idea how the Dawg Pound is doing with funds? They’ve really showed out this year so it would be nice to push more financial support for them and get a large group to the MVC Tournament.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)

SIU Day of Giving is coming up around the end of the month. I believe the Dawg Pound was one of the organizations available within the Athletic Department for specific giving for that group.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @g-man

From a student perspective I understand, however it’s a real shame that kids only came for the free tuition raffle and then left. Only way this city is put on the map is if students and residents show up and SIU is winning. I think SIU ticketing did a great job with filling the bleachers that opposed the DAWG Pound. I think SIU needs to lower those ticket prices every single week to get people to show up. Banterra was electric last night and definitely the loudest since I started here. 

The first trick is to get them in the door.  It makes no difference why they came.  If they have a good time then they are likely to return once in a while.  Then you have to keep winning and having a good time they will be hooked!  That's the formula for every fan in that building. 

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)

Just a reminder to everyone......

Tomorrow is the SIU Day of Giving. It's a great opportunity to give back to the University and to the programs that are near and dear to your heart.

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

We will have a link up again this year 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5

Share: