Hinson Steps Down

69 Posts
37 Users
76 Likes
11.9 K Views
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Ahem.  I do believe Barkeep might have mentioned once or twice that it was over.  It took less than 30 minutes after the final horn.  

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
rabidsaluki
(@rabidsaluki)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

That was a bit brutal to watch. From Armon all the way through the end of Coach Hinson's statement. I wish no ill will to Coach Hinson; he, unfortunately, wasn't the right coach to get us over the hump. But he was the right person to get us past the Lowery debacle. Good luck, Coach.

"The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." ~Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

ReplyQuote
(@the-goblin-king)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

My respect for Hinson is greatly increased honestly.  years of huckstering finally dumped for what appears to be some true raw honesty

ReplyQuote
(@fraydog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I’m sad for Barry, but I’m glad that SIU can finally embark on a new path. 

ReplyQuote
(@multispeed)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: Fraydog

I’m sad for Barry, but I’m glad that SIU can finally embark on a new path. 

barry walks away with $2,000,000.00 and leaves the basketball program in worse shape than when he was hired and he is the only head basketball coach in SIU history to coach this many years and not play in a post season tournament. He's crying all the way to the bank.

This post was modified 5 years ago by Multispeed

siudawg77 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dawgpoop)
Saluki Stadium Poster

I can't believe he didn't take any questions after that statement.   That's the least he could have done after taking this university for a 7 year ride into futility.   Thanks for nothing Barry.

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I won't miss him.

AirDawg86 and siudawg77 reacted
ReplyQuote
sportsfreak75
(@sportsfreak75)
Abe Martin Field Poster

What a glorious day. I would feel bad for Barry if he had been that sincere over his entire career here. He wasn't. 

ReplyQuote
(@pgasaluki)
Davies Gym Poster

Hinson has one year left on his contract, which runs through the 2019-2020 season, after signing an extension in 2016. He makes about $350,000 a year, plus annual university increases and incentives, but his buyout for next season is only $175,000. It is not clear yet if SIU will pay Hinson the remaining amount of his deal or have made an agreement. 

removed link

ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

His comments were honest and heart felt.  I completely respect that.  I wish Barry Hinson good luck with his future endeavors.  God bless!

ReplyQuote
(@bknight)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Free at last, free at last, SIU is finally free of the BBQ SALESMAN!!!

It is a glorious day.  

Hinson did, in some respects, what he was hired to do.  Repair some of the damage caused by the unbelievable arrogance of Chris Lowery.  But his act eventually wore thin and it was time for him to go.

Now let's see if the SIU higher ups will stay the he!! out of the way and let Jerry Kill hire a real basketball coach.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Very glad to move on to a new era and some real hope for the future. Some patience will be required of whoever is the new guy, which won’t be easy on the fans ... this postseason drought has done a world of damage to the program and the fan base.

Hopefully Kill makes a much better choice than Moccia did.

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

That was definitely tough to watch. If nothing else, Hinson was able to guide us out of the APR mess Lowery left...It is apparent he and the rest of Saluki nation expected more (as they should). I wish him nothing but success moving forward except in the case of him coaching against us (if he ever decides to get back in the game).

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fatgolfer)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Glad to move on.  I gave him my support for several years.  But in the end college hoops is a biz....gotta show results.  Glad i will be renewing my season tixs next year now!!!  This was the first year since 2001 I didnt make the valley tourney....i was just burnt out on this era.  Cant wait to see the coaching search start  GO Dawgs!!!

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Saloukeyfan
(@saloukeyfan)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: Rawdog

I won't miss him.

Nor will I. He made pretty good cash while here. Sorry but I do not feel sorry for him. He wanted everyone to feel sorry for him last night (used car salesman pitch), and a lot of the fine folks here bought into it. Just my 2 cents. Go Dawgs!

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5

Share: