Hinson Steps Down

69 Posts
37 Users
76 Likes
11.9 K Views
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

At least you had cardboard boxes.  We only had plastic bags -- without holes.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

ReplyQuote
Mjzelten
(@mjzelten)
Abe Martin Field Poster

You had boxes?  We just shaped our hands in the form of a square, squatted and let 'er rip!!  😀 

“True terror is waking up one morning and discovering your high school class is running the country.” —Kurt Vonnegut

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Here is the thing we only had one helmet between the 8 of us on the short bus 

ReplyQuote
(@morris-saluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: Austinsaluki
Posted by: Morris Saluki
Posted by: Barkeep 1967

I almost felt bad for him 

I don't.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.  I'm glad I was wrong about him dying of old age  in that position.

JFC, people! No one here--well, maybe a few people, but certainly not me and DEFINITELY not Barkeep--needs to be schooled on how mediocre BH was, what a Huckster he was, or how, ultimately, he wasn't good for the SIU basketball program. We're just expressing sympathy for a fellow human being, for CRYING out loud. Doing so is NOT intended to be a defense of his tenure here or even of him personally. I can't stand the little bastard, frankly, but I can manage to find a teaspoonful of sympathy for a fellow human being, however much he brought his own misery upon himself. I feel pretty safe in saying that is all the sympathy we are talking about here. If you can't muster that up, OK, fine: I get it. But quit assuming there is something we're not getting just because we have the ability to empathize with someone going through something crappy. 

Annoying AF. 

You really think Barkeep needs to be schooled on how much BH sucked as a coach? 

Yawn..... It was all a show, just as his entire stay here was a big fricking show.  He wasn't entitled to feel special or be a victim.  We (SIU and the fans) were the victims in this fiasco.

This post was modified 5 years ago by Morris Saluki

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
― Ayn Rand

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

It’s called empathy. Look it up. Fuck tard 

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Here is the thing we only had one helmet between the 8 of us on the short bus 

You had a bus.  There were 10 of us and we had to ride a porcupine.

ReplyQuote
(@morris-saluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

It’s called empathy. Look it up. Fuck tard 

There is a fine line between empathy and virtue signaling.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
― Ayn Rand

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

There was one sentence from BH's resignation speech that escaped me.  What did he mean when he said, "...I know we’ve had a lot of issues on campus there in Carbondale, but those issues are getting ready to go away,”   What were the issues and how will they be going away? 

Has this been discussed and I've simply missed it?  If so, sorry.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: Austinsaluki

I almost felt bad for him 

I don't.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.  I'm glad I was wrong about him dying of old age  in that position.

JFC, people! No one here--well, maybe a few people, but certainly not me and DEFINITELY not Barkeep--needs to be schooled on how mediocre BH was, what a Huckster he was, or how, ultimately, he wasn't good for the SIU basketball program. We're just expressing sympathy for a fellow human being, for CRYING out loud. Doing so is NOT intended to be a defense of his tenure here or even of him personally. I can't stand the little bastard, frankly, but I can manage to find a teaspoonful of sympathy for a fellow human being, however much he brought his own misery upon himself. I feel pretty safe in saying that is all the sympathy we are talking about here. If you can't muster that up, OK, fine: I get it. But quit assuming there is something we're not getting just because we have the ability to empathize with someone going through something crappy. 

Annoying AF. 

You really think Barkeep needs to be schooled on how much BH sucked as a coach? 

Yawn..... It was all a show, just as his entire stay here was a big fricking show.  He wasn't entitled to feel special or be a victim.  We (SIU and the fans) were the victims in this fiasco.

I get Hinson ran his mouth too much and he should have been fired last year, but I generally do feel bad for him.  18 years with no NCAA bids is rough and he got screwed out of it one of those years.  That being said, glad he’s gone.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5

Share: