Illinois State @ SIU 1/14/23 7:00 PM ESPN3

205 Posts
34 Users
134 Likes
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Ebube now has 17pts and 9rbs in 17 minutes played this season. Kid will be a beast when he starts getting more time.

Next year it’s gonna be all about Rupert, Ebube, and Hornecker. Defensive stalwart Muila will be gone.

I think you could pair Rupert with Ebube and especially Hornecker on occasions where Mullins might actually want to go big.

--Insert something witty here--

usmcsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: @bleedfknmaroon25

Ebube now has 17pts and 9rbs in 17 minutes played this season. Kid will be a beast when he starts getting more time.

Next year it’s gonna be all about Rupert, Ebube, and Hornecker. Defensive stalwart Muila will be gone.

I think you could pair Rupert with Ebube and especially Hornecker on occasions where Mullins might actually want to go big.

I too would like to see us dabble with a couple of bigs in the game. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Don't know about Ebube, but Hornecker can shoot outside. I really think Mullins should get him playing time when he can. Can't coach 7' tall...and he can score.

Nice to have some bigs with some talent. Way better than last year.

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Not impressed at all with Ebube's rebounding. Needs to block out better.

Its obvious you don't like the kid for some reason. He has 3 rbs in 5 minutes. Rupert has 3 in 15 minutes. Not sure how you can say Ebube isn't rebounding well. lol

Got nothing against him except for his boneheaded scooter trick that hurt the team and then getting out of shape while recovering. Needs to grow up and earn my respect.

2 or 3 times tonight he's been beat when he was the closest to ball. Guess you were snoozing. With that big body, he could/should be an rb vacuum. Hopefully will improve, because right now he's not  a great rebounder for a huge 6' 10" guy. Didn't say Rupert is a great rebounder, but he's way better offensively. Muila's our best big rebounder.

what exactly are the details on his “scooter trick”? Was he doing double back flips in front of Morris Library? 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

5,523 on the count.

ReplyQuote
the bobber
(@the-bobber)
Saluki Platnum Member Saluki Insider

just came in from outside, where i waved my saluki flag at every car that came down the street.  they didn't like it.  it was freezing.  i could have cared less.  would still be out there if the wife didn't come to get me.

ReplyQuote
Class of 69
(@class-of-69)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Illinois State gonna be tough at their place. I can see them holding their own against the league for the rest of the season. Glad we got this win, especially after being behind the first half.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Jones with 21 - player of the game. Hit 36% from three - that's better than50% from 2.

Domask in a three pt. slump. 1 - 15 in the last 4 games.

ReplyQuote
Thunnellvision
(@thunnellvision)

Ebube was a great spark tonight. He’s gonna be huge for us. Plus, I’m feeling better about Banks. If he’s building up that shooting confidence teams are in trouble. 
Great defensive effort in second half! Zero complaints.

Bow Em

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@quatroschallengesaluki wait till he gets in shape

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

Man, Ebube is ridiculously athletic. Looks like he has springs in his shoes when you watch him live. Can’t wait til we see him in peak shape with some seasoning. Should terrorize the Valley next year. 

ReplyQuote
Duke of SIU
(@duke-of-siu)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Another slow start in the 1st half.

I remember a story about a high school football team losing it's home games but winning the away games.

For the upcoming home game, the coach put the team on a bus and drove them around the home town before the game. Needless to say, they won their first home game. Maybe Coach Mullins needs to get the guys to scrimmage for 10-15 minutes offsite before the game to get warmed up or whatever gets the mojo going.

lol, whatever works. Can you imagine the first half of that tenacious defense and offense equal to the 2nd?

ReplyQuote
(@g-man)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@class-of-69 Dawg Pound is traveling to Illinois State courtesy of Bryan Mullins. Redbird Arena will be loud and it won’t be because of Illinois State fans.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

6-1 13-5
6-2 14-5
6-2 13-6
5-3 14-5
5-3 12-7
5-3 10-8
5-3 9-9
4-3 8-9
3-5 8-11
1-7 9-10
1-7 7-12
0-8 4-15

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Ebube only played 5 minutes but made a huge impact.  You know someone has a good game when you think he played way more minutes than he did.

Jabman62 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 14

Share: