UNI, Drake, Loyola, Mo State and probably Southern are all better right now 

rafflaw reacted
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @barkeep-1967
Posted by: @salukiworld
Posted by: @jabman62

MVC only a top mid major if Belmont  and MSU can raise and maintain success at the current level of the MVC and one could argue that the last couple of seasons the MVC is back to being a top mid major

There was a pretty big gap between the MVC and WCC/Atlantic 10 the last few years but I think that gap completely closes with Murray and Belmont (granted most of that from the WCC was from Gonzaga and BYU and BYU is leaving for the Big 12 within a few years).  I'm hoping the MVC now comes together with the Atlantic-10 or maybe even the American and creates an MVC-Atlantic 10 or MVC-American challenge to help with scheduling. 

Murray and Belmont will make the middle stronger  but I seriously doubt either would be in the top 5 this year. Winning the OVC is not quite like the top of the Valley 

Hey! Don’t go pouring cold water on the Murray Fest!

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Imagine having to sit between the Illinois St and Murray St sections at the Arch....

"What contest in hell did I (we) win?!?!" 😆 😆 

Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @uncledawgpound

Imagine having to sit between the Illinois St and Murray St sections at the Arch....

With Bradley fans sitting behind you so they can throw trash on you.  Good times 

Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Well it’s better than the Wichita fans they sucked they were rude and obnoxious, and that was when we’re  good . Imagine how they got 🤬

Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mdogs1

Well it’s better than the Wichita fans they sucked they were rude and obnoxious, and that was when we’re  good . Imagine how they got 🤬

Fair point 

Salukibbfan1
(@salukibbfan1)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

With Bradley fans sitting behind you so they can throw trash on you.  Good times 

stop.  i'm having nightmares at night thinking about it

carrcar
(@carrcar)

That's loser talk!!! No fans were more rude and obnoxious than us!

“The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.”
-- Al McGuire

Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @carrcar

You're saying Dawg fans are #1 then!!  Yeh!

Go Dawgs!

Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)

No doubt every fan base has their obnoxious fans but I had major issues with the Wichita fans sitting in our seats and having to get security two years in a row after asking nicely  for them to get up and them refusing  and being cussed out by them because they tried to tell us SIU always gets the best seats. So yes they sucked 

Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @carrcar

Thank you for your input Mrs. Korver. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

1DAWG
(@1dawg)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Nice move by the MVC adding Belmont....and if the rumors are true, Murray State.

INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

MVC only a top mid major if Belmont  and MSU can raise and maintain success at the current level of the MVC and one could argue that the last couple of seasons the MVC is back to being a top mid major

There was a pretty big gap between the MVC and WCC/Atlantic 10 the last few years but I think that gap completely closes with Murray and Belmont (granted most of that from the WCC was from Gonzaga and BYU and BYU is leaving for the Big 12 within a few years).  I'm hoping the MVC now comes together with the Atlantic-10 or maybe even the American and creates an MVC-Atlantic 10 or MVC-American challenge to help with scheduling. 

Murray and Belmont will make the middle stronger  but I seriously doubt either would be in the top 5 this year. Winning the OVC is not quite like the top of the Valley 

Belmont was REALLY good last year and are going to still be very good this year.  They would compete for a top 4 spot in this league, this year......... IMO.  

They play Drake this season and I'll be watching that game with a big ole bag of popcorn for sure.  

AnnaBob, Salukifan32, Psychodawg and 2 people reacted
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @insaluki

Belmont was REALLY good last year and are going to still be very good this year.  They would compete for a top 4 spot in this league, this year......... IMO.  

They play Drake this season and I'll be watching that game with a big ole bag of popcorn for sure.  

They were good last year. They will be good this year. I want to see how they stand up to every night being a dog fight. There are no Eastern Illinois teams in Valley to cruise control agsinst. 

Psychodawg reacted
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)

Posted by: @1dawg

Nice move by the MVC adding Belmont....and if the rumors are true, Murray State.

Hearing  that the Valley is leaning heavily toward taking UT-Arlington over Murray State. They like the possibility of the Dallas market it gets them in a totally new market and just like Nashville it is one of the top growing markets in the US.  It is a basketball only school, that checks a lot of boxes academically. They would be the largest school in the Valley and have grown substantially since 2010. The Valley really likes their potential.   For it to work they would have to be more committed to Men’s Basketball their basketball budget would need to be increased. However they do have a relatively new  nice 7,000 seat arena with an attached practice facility. Murray could still happen but  don’t think they are the first choice .

Salukifan32 and rafflaw reacted
Page 9 / 13

Share: