Clear all

NIL Men's Basketball

28 Posts
16 Users
37 Likes
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

As I mentioned I gave multiple times to the NIL, and plan to give more, to use up varying balances on my gift cards and it turns out I did get an email from Chris Schoemann.  I was impressed bc it was not an automated email, but in fact personalized even noting the differing amounts.   

I'm glad to hear they have high goals and, expect/hope, they work with the leaders to figure out how to make that happen.  

I have lots of questions and worries with the current collective. Who is actually in charge of this? Is it Chris Shoemann? Is it the same Chris Shoemann that is the executive director of the SMU collective? Is anybody local involved with meeting with businesses face to face. The website for the NIL is lackluster and has very little information.  Last years golf scramble was still being advertised on the front page….I believe it is down now that Mike Reis tweeted about it.Our football NIL page is a lot better than compared to the basketball one.  Does our collective have a board. If this is one of the most important things to our program, the people running it might want to give it a little bit of attention.

ReSaluki 88, PackerDawg, Freedawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Rumor has it….or shall I say my “sources” have it that there will be big news (the good kind) and some shake ups on the NIL front for the salukis.  I’m liking what I’m hearing.

SlyDawg, ReSaluki 88, PackerDawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@johnny-utah Any ETA on this news Mr. Utah I've been jonesin....

ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @foxman24

May take a couple of weeks for any announcement to be made….but I feel it will be welcome news.

ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@johnny-utah 🤞🏻🙏🏻

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @johnny-utah

May take a couple of weeks for any announcement to be made….but I feel it will be welcome news.

I’m glad there is momentum behind meaningfully addressing NIL at Southern: needed in this modern recruiting landscape, so no real choice there.

I’m skeptical, though, that SIU is going to turn NIL into a real advantage relative to rival programs that are either in larger markets (most schools), have wealthier alumni/booster bases, etc. Just as SIU is prioritizing funding NIL more aggressively, those other, more deep-pocketed programs  both inside and outside the MVC are, too.

I guess what I’m saying is if NIL becomes the largest determinant of a program’s success, it’s hard to envision Southern winning championships in that type of arm’s race.

ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

I’m glad there is momentum behind meaningfully addressing NIL at Southern: needed in this modern recruiting landscape, so no real choice there.

I’m skeptical, though, that SIU is going to turn NIL into a real advantage relative to rival programs that are either in larger markets (most schools), have wealthier alumni/booster bases, etc. Just as SIU is prioritizing funding NIL more aggressively, those other, more deep-pocketed programs  both inside and outside the MVC are, too.

I guess what I’m saying is if NIL becomes the largest determinant of a program’s success, it’s hard to envision Southern winning championships in that type of arm’s race.

I agree, but  in terms of MVC we aren’t too far behind….just like with athletic funding, it seems private schools are at a little advantage over public schools.  Don’t feel we are going to be the clubhouse leader so to speak but hopefully can keep up with the Jones’.  We shall see.

ReSaluki 88 and siudawgs reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

For schools like ours, it's not going to just be the few with deep pockets. We gotta cast our net wide with this. 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Rumor has it….or shall I say my “sources” have it that there will be big news (the good kind) and some shake ups on the NIL front for the salukis.  I’m liking what I’m hearing.

I hope that maybe this involves moving away from using a national company for our NIL collective. Chris Shoemann isn't local and handles multiple NIL collectives including St Mary's and SMU. I made a contribution yesterday and received a thank you email. However, the email was very poorly written and let's just say had some offensive typo's. I replied pointing out the typo's and had some questions regarding the collectives funding. I have yet to receive an answer....

Saluki44 and Freedawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

I hope that maybe this involves moving away from using a national company for our NIL collective. Chris Shoemann isn't local and handles multiple NIL collectives including St Mary's and SMU. I made a contribution yesterday and received a thank you email. However, the email was very poorly written and let's just say had some offensive typo's. I replied pointing out the typo's and had some questions regarding the collectives funding. I have yet to receive an answer....

See my original post a few up and then my change of tune in the following post……things are looking hopeful!

ReSaluki 88 reacted
ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

I figured the NIL news belongs in this thread. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

NIL valuations

https://www.on3.com/nil/

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2

Share: