Clear all

SIU @ Murray State 1/27/24 1:00 PM Bally Sports Midwest

234 Posts
44 Users
120 Reactions
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

This game looks like a confirmation that Mullins has not lost this team, they are still together, and the morale is not shook. After the past couple of weeks, they could have folded and the pressure on Mullins could’ve escalated. All of that considered, what a big time comeback. 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I am ashamed that I did something I never do is I got mad and turned off the broadcast got busy and lost track of the game peeked at my app saw the Dawgs had taken the lead with 2.8 seconds left then listened to the post game and one thing that is clear by listening to Mullins Trent X and Scottie they all believe in each other play for each other and support each other so again I believe this team will keep getting better because they believe in each other pick each other up and that is a culture for success and lesson learned just suck up the bad times suffer thru it and hope for the best

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Might have saved the season with that megarally as you could feel things starting to take a really bad turn.

Southern played their asses off down the stretch, but wow did Murray crumble. They had so many chances to put the game away.

Ebube turned the tide with enormous heart and still has lots of room to be better offensively. Brown made some big-time, clutch plays. And very happy X finally had it go his way with the game on the line.

If I’m Mullins, I’m in Ferguson’s ear all week, challenging him to play two good halves and not just one, which has been the trend.

Should be a fun rematch with the Racers in Carbondale. 😆 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Minutes breakdown:

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Mullins, Trent Brown, X, Ebube with the media:

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @salukimodemrowe

Dawgs by 1. The under and even

What Bozo said that? I thought our chances of winning there were slim and none. We're shooting 45% and 38% - not bad. Still getting whipped. They have slowly improved ... and today we have a fondness for passing to the crowd.

meh. Halftime bet. 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@85dawg)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@salukimodemrowe 

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dawgbytes

Posted by: @salukiworld

Gonna fix this up later but wanted to get this up for discussion.  Pretty big road game at a tough place to play against a team that should be fired up after last year.  

last two years actually. SIU is 3-0 against the pride of the OVC over last three games played. 

Update - 4 in a roll. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
(@85dawg)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Looked like the Muhammad Ali classic trick of “rope a dope” on a basketball floor.

ReplyQuote
(@invisiblesaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Man, I've come to the realization that Murray State is my most hated Valley school right now, which would explain the laughter and goofier grin earlier

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Another positive Ebube's presence provides is opening up driving lanes and angles for better post action and passing. He's such a massive presence and the opponent has to respect his ability to crush everything he gets his hands on next to the basket. When he pins his man deep, he clears out so much space our guards have a much easier path to the basket, and if defenders leave Scotty to challenge he's gonna Shaq the rim on 'em.

He didn't have to score to be the catalyst for that massive run. Its not pure coincidence SIU started getting better looks and stopped turning it over.

Play this man!

--Insert something witty here--

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @invisiblesaluki

Man, I've come to the realization that Murray State is my most hated Valley school right now, which would explain the laughter and goofier grin earlier

Welcome to the club my brother!

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

AnnaBob reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Ferguson had a visible limp walking to half court when game started. 

James Madison

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @bleedfknmaroon25

Another positive Ebube's presence provides is opening up driving lanes and angles for better post action and passing. He's such a massive presence and the opponent has to respect his ability to crush everything he gets his hands on next to the basket. When he pins his man deep, he clears out so much space our guards have a much easier path to the basket, and if defenders leave Scotty to challenge he's gonna Shaq the rim on 'em.

He didn't have to score to be the catalyst for that massive run. Its not pure coincidence SIU started getting better looks and stopped turning it over.

Play this man!

if I had to describe him in one word it would be “disruptive’. His two tip-in-the-air pass steals and two blocked shots were key in the victory. He is an ominous presence in the paint. 

James Madison

AnnaBob and Austinsaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Booby's
(@boobys)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Boom

Craving a McBride Special!

Salukis2112 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 16

Share: