Jarnigan let go?

172 Posts
41 Users
196 Likes
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @wood

I don't have any specific details but I was told that Liz had been bumping heads w/ the Chancellor for quite some time.  I don't think this was a spur of the moment thing.  

For her to get fired on a Thurs. night, she must have bumped a little too hard. Surprised he didn't wait until Monday. Seems a little rash to do it now, right before a big game. Maybe the Chancellor has a bit of a temper? The fact that she has a lawyer tells me she's going after the rest of her contract.

I think this will have No effect on the players though. 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Just when both of the major sports appear to be on good footing. Hopefully this isn't scandalous, at least. 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

https://twitter.com/thefferman/status/1436311705257189376?s=21

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

This is definitely perplexing in terms of timing and a bit disheartening. Don't want to take the focus away from the teams competing right now. I can't imagine that Lane would terminate her contract unless he thought he had cause because SIU can't afford a buyout. She seemed well liked by the coaches so this will be interesting times.

Saluki44 and Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Maroonloon
(@maroonloon)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @siu_2011

This is definitely perplexing in terms of timing and a bit disheartening. Don't want to take the focus away from the teams competing right now. I can't imagine that Lane would terminate her contract unless he thought he had cause because SIU can't afford a buyout. She seemed well liked by the coaches so this will be interesting times.

It certainly is. Curious to hear the explanation, if there is one.

Hate to say it, but it seems like SIU thrives on administrative drama and can't go too long without some leadership crisis. Most of which are expensive and a depletion of scarce resources. Everyone knows there is no long term "stability" in large organizations, but SIU is ridiculous.

March on triumphantly!

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)

He had better have just cause.

ReplyQuote
Cowboydawg
(@cowboydawg)

AD’s get fired all the time and they are “at will” employees. I believe it has zero impact on a teams’ performance. Move on and hire someone else.

RISaluki, INSaluki, Bleacher Bum and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @cowboydawg

AD’s get fired all the time and they are “at will” employees. I believe it has zero impact on a teams’ performance. Move on and hire someone else.

Zero impact in the short term, sure, but how an AD fundraises, advocates for resources, manages relationships and handles coaching maneuvers (for example, think of aiming to retain Mullins if Southern has a good stretch the next 2-3 years) can certainly have a large impact in the bigger picture.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
PackerDawg
(@packerdawg)

Promoting the SIU Foundation CEO to interim AD should ensure continuity. 

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs
Posted by: @cowboydawg

Zero impact in the short term, sure, but how an AD fundraises, advocates for resources, manages relationships and handles coaching maneuvers (for example, think of aiming to retain Mullins if Southern has a good stretch the next 2-3 years) can certainly have a large impact in the bigger picture.

I would argue there are short term impacts, even if you aren't necessarily worried about your job, if your boss gets fired in the middle of the week that is a distraction (in all fields, not just athletics). Their job is to do their best to block things like that out, but the uncertainty of that still lingers...who's my next boss going to be, how will we get along, what is their management style, what will they ask of me be beyond my coaching duties, etc. (I'm going through something similar at my job now).

Beyond that, we all know the financial issues that exists at the athletic department and the university as a whole. With everything that has happened throughout the pandemic in terms of lost revenue, this is just another thing to add to the pile. Even if the Chancellor feels like this is a just cause firing, there will be money spent in litigation in a time when every dollar spent matters (maybe not coming out of the athletic budget per say but still money spent).

I'm hope this comes to a conclusion quickly and a great hire is made to replace her (wishful thinking).

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @packerdawg

Promoting the SIU Foundation CEO to interim AD should ensure continuity. 

https://siuf.org/about-siuf/staff-directory/matt-kupek.php

In his role as CEO, Matt serves as SIU’s chief development officer and provides strategic oversight and leadership in directing SIU’s Forever SIU Campaign. Under his leadership at the Foundation, the original $75 million campaign goal was successfully raised and the goal raised to $200 million. The Foundation also raised a record-setting $28.5 million in FY20, a 60% increase of $11,457,000 than had been raised the previous year.

I'm guessing there's more to this than just fundraising being a problem but if that's one of the problems, this makes sense.

ReplyQuote
(@bigdawg95-1)
Dawg Pound Poster

@saluki82 I was extremely pleased upon his departure!

ReplyQuote
Bleacher Bum
(@bleacher-bum)

everyone relax.  this is good news.  she may have been pleasant and nice but this is business.  it was a mistake to appoint her when killer got run out of dodge. i don't want an ad who admits she was afraid to put out a strong statement like Nick did about those lily livered redturds last spring. thanks for your service but we will be fine. 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Cowboydawg
(@cowboydawg)

Posted by: @bleacher-bum

everyone relax.  this is good news.  she may have been pleasant and nice but this is business.  it was a mistake to appoint her when killer got run out of dodge. i don't want an ad who admits she was afraid to put out a strong statement like Nick did about those lily livered redturds last spring. thanks for your service but we will be fine. 

👍

ReplyQuote
(@mike-belchaks-box)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

So, when does Tyler Hansbrough's mother get hired by the new AD?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 12

Share: