2019 Hoops Recruits

972 Posts
88 Users
343 Reactions
133 K Views
(@wf2chi_saluki)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

according to Schmidt Bros. at prepbullseye we have offered 2019 C Ciaran Brayboy of New Trier HS.  Also after him: Yale, Southern IL, UW-Milwaukee, Columbia, DePaul.

I'm not a recruiting guru but I don't remeber his name from old site.  Although I feel like it since I beat Underdoosh to the scoop of finding someone else's recruiting news.

ReplyQuote
underdawg
(@underdawg)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Was on SIU verbalcommits.com for months

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wf2chi_saluki)
Topic starter  

Hmmm.... Just because you say(and maybe so) that it's been on verbalcommits.com for months doesn't mean it was news on the old site.  Is that your site.  It seems I do remeber you "breaking" recruiting news that you gleaned from other hard working sources without crediting the source.  Schmidt bros. included.

ReplyQuote
(@saluki_engineer)

Brayboy was mentioned on the old site.  I remember commenting on him at least one time. 

ReplyQuote
(@wf2chi_saluki)
Topic starter  

Fine.  I admit to my ignorance to his mentions.  However, I clearly recall UD posting past recruiting "scoops" where he wouldn't credit the source.  I would read a Twitter post by prepbullseye on recruits and shortly thereafter UD would post the details without siting the source(like he scooped it).  Obviously this can't be proven since the old site is down but this site should have posters with integrity and always site the source and not pretend it was something that they derived by their recruiting work.

ReplyQuote
underdawg
(@underdawg)

Please stop Trolling--some things I post I get from several sources--including places other than recruiting sites--most of which carry the same info--sorry if it bothers you. I've never gotten anything yet from talking to recruits (an NCAA violation) or from psychic abilities--it's obviously from someone else--unless I say it isn't

ReplyQuote
(@wf2chi_saluki)
Topic starter  

You've not seen trolling yet snowflake.  Site your sources.  Otherwise you're nothing but someone who has time to waste on google and posting like it was something you scooped.  Everyone can google and get what you post so just be a man and credit your sources.  Schmidts seem to have real sources, why don't you?

ReplyQuote
(@wf2chi_saluki)
Topic starter  

Oh...correct me if I'm wrong but talking with recruits isn't an ncaa violation for journalist/recruiting sites.  

Lets see, first story I see when I go to rivals.com:  

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/versatile-forward-seth-lundy-drawing-interest-from-top-schools

Looks to me that this recruiting reporter was talking with a recruit and receiving information.  

Is UD saying he's associated to SIU?  If so, then I get why he can't comment on recruits. I don't think that's the case though.  Explain to me how contacting recruits is a violation UD?

ReplyQuote
(@beforethe3)
Dawg Pound Poster

clancey is a class act   i will support siuc as long as he is a player 

ReplyQuote
underdawg
(@underdawg)

2019 offer to Bryant Brown 6-5 SF from Waukegan il---18.3 ppg/ 8.3 rpg/ 2.3 blocks

ReplyQuote
Front Row
(@front-row)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I'll be shocked to see Bryant Brown in an SIU uniform come '19/20. Dude has a lot of size and will get higher looks during his senior year.

Also offered last night was Jalen Johnson '19. 6-8 2 star forward from Indianapolis. He's also received an offer from the Flames of UIC. 

Twitter: CPTNDONUTS
Former WIDB Sports Director and Dawg Pound President. Since my freshmen year, SIU Basketball has not appeared in a NCAA or NIT postseason game.

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

Jeremiah (Jerry) Hernandez - He was a name on the old board.  Coach Clancy is obviously still staying in contact with this recruit.  Coach Clancy just RT a recent tweet about him.

https://twitter.com/DELLISONSCOUT/status/1003318888988323840

His Verbal Commit page:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jeremiah-hernandez

ReplyQuote
(@wf2chi_saluki)
Topic starter  

Ray Dennis, 6'2" 2019 PG per Prepbullseye

ReplyQuote
underdawg
(@underdawg)

SIU verbalcommits.com has SIU offering EJ Billinger ft. Zumwalt South Mo./ listed as 6-2 PG but looks a good 6-3 and long--I like him a lot on film

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Posted by: underdawg

SIU verbalcommits.com has SIU offering EJ Billinger ft. Zumwalt South Mo./ listed as 6-2 PG but looks a good 6-3 and long--I like him a lot on film

Same club team as Dembele. This club may have some connections with Kent Williams.  They have retweeted some of Kent's tweets.  I hope he is helping us out.   Anyway, SEMO has offered Billinger, too. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 65

Share: