886 Posts
76 Users
1113 Reactions
155.7 K Views
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Doesn't hurt to have ex-Saluki connections in recruiting: De Smet high school ( St. Louis suburb) has two sophomores, 6'9 and 6'10. De Smet is coached by ex-Saluki Kent Williams.

ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Illinois Wolves member (2021) Max Christie 6'6 from Rolling Meadows. 5 star SG is ranked #2 SG in the nation by 247 sports. 

ReplyQuote
(@georgia)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

#2 ranked recruit in the country at any position aint coming here; illinois wolves or not.

SalukiIllini reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: Georgia

#2 ranked recruit in the country at any position aint coming here; illinois wolves or not.

Never say never.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

I would hope our coach doesnt feel the same as Georgia, id hope they at least try n not go into recruiting with that attitude.  Murray State doesnt shy away from the big fish.

1DAWG reacted
ReplyQuote
(@salukiillini)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: Quatros Saluki

I would hope our coach doesnt feel the same as Georgia, id hope they at least try n not go into recruiting with that attitude.  Murray State doesnt shy away from the big fish.

If you’re suggesting Ja Morant, he was an unranked recruit and was found at a random 3 on 3 tournament. That was an A+ evaluation. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

The fact is if there is a top 5 recruit in your recruiting back yard you absolutely go after them.  If they say no that is fine but until they gave me a firm no I would recruit them with everything I had.  Top players have gone to mid majors before.

1DAWG reacted
ReplyQuote
(@salukiillini)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

There’s top 5 recruits in Illinois every year.   I agree you should ask but I wouldn’t be wasting valuable time and resources on a chance that’s less than one percent. 

ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

Normally, I would say SIU has little chance of landing a 5 star but this kid plays for the Wolves and Tony Young is one of the coaches. Worth a shot.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: salukis60

Normally, I would say SIU has little chance of landing a 5 star but this kid plays for the Wolves and Tony Young is one of the coaches. Worth a shot.

He had a Loyola offer which I assume came from Mullins

ReplyQuote
(@georgia)

oh he'll have an offer from us too no doubt; just saying, we shouldnt waste our limited funds/time on going after him too terribly hard.

ReplyQuote
Salukiholic
(@salukiholic)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: Georgia

oh he'll have an offer from us too no doubt; just saying, we shouldnt waste our limited funds/time on going after him too terribly hard.

LOL It should be mandatory that at least one assistant be at all Logan home games.  It is only 7 miles away.

ReplyQuote
beadmedaddio
(@beadmedaddio)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Georgia, I agree with you, to a certain extent.  But you'll never get a 5 star if you never offer.  I am thrilled that we've got a coach with a pair that hang low enough that he's not afraid.  MAKE THE OFFER.

I'm not sayin' -- I'm just sayin'!

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)

Western Kentucky landed a five star (or was he a four star?) recruit last year, so it's certainly possible

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@georgia)

He never ended up playing for WKU and is playing in Australia I believe currently.

Just checked: got drafted after sitting out his mandatory 1 year.  Left WKU a few days before their fall tour started.  He plays for the Knicks

This post was modified 5 years ago by Georgia

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 60

Share: