(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

The Grid

ReplyQuote
Cowboydawg
(@cowboydawg)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

If Taggart signed a football scholarship, I don’t believe that counts against the 13 basketball scholarships, even if he’s on the team.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

Yeah, I wasn't sure who would be covering the scholarship. I will move him tif appropriate. I wasn't sure what to do with Jimmy Beane either.

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

I agree with Cowboydawg on not counting the scholarship for Avery Taggart.  He will basically be considered a walk-on for the basketball team. 

Jimmy Beane will also be on the grid as a scholarship player as long as his academics are in line at the end of this semester.

I do believe that David Swedura is a preferred walk-on this year for a reason.  The fact that he has been redshirted this year also reinforces my thoughts that he will be on scholarship next year.  He will still have four years of eligibility beginning with the 2019-2020 class. 

Adding J. Beane and D. Swedura to the scholarship grid for 2019-2020, allows for one additional scholarship for the 2019-2020 class.  Hopefully that scholarship will be a 6'8" or taller JUCO post player in the mold of Bol or Pippen

ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Thanks for making this!

So what's our starting 5 next year?

Cook

Darius Beane

McGill

Gooch

Fall? Payton?

Do we redshirt anyone?

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

Class Balance:

2 - Seniors

1 - Junior (hopefully a JUCO Big to make 2 Juniors)

1 - Sophomore (hopefully two Sophomores with the addition of Jimmy Beane. He will be listed as his current academic year when added to the roster.  As long as he is on target for graduation he will earn his 4th year of eligibility in his Senior year.)

7 - Freshmen (3 redshirt Frosh, 3 true Freshmen, and 1 walk-on Freshman)

Of course a Graduate Transfer could be added in place of a JUCO player, increasing the number of Seniors for the 2019-2020 class with the last scholarship. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 69
(@saluki-69)
SIU Arena Poster Admin
Topic starter  

Refresh this page if you don't see the edited grid.  I'm open to any other suggestions.

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

Looks great to me!

Thanks for putting it together!

Saluki 69 reacted
ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

Posted by: usmcsaluki

Thanks for making this!

Cook

Darius Beane

McGill

Gooch

Fall? Payton?

Do we redshirt anyone?

As of this date, I would say there are way too many variables to determine who will join McGill, Cook and D. Beane as starters for next year.  Since those three are point guards, it would stand to reason that the other two starters will be the best players available at the 4 and 5 spots. 

ReplyQuote
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)

Posted by: DR222
Posted by: usmcsaluki

Thanks for making this!

Cook

Darius Beane

McGill

Gooch

Fall? Payton?

Do we redshirt anyone?

As of this date, I would say there are way too many variables to determine who will join McGill, Cook and D. Beane as starters for next year.  Since those three are point guards, it would stand to reason that the other two starters will be the best players available at the 4 and 5 spots. 

Who the coach is will determine who is here next year. 

ReplyQuote
(@siucubfan8)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

It's a ******* joke the post players for next year unless he pulls something out of his ass.

The plan was easy to see.  Do everything to make postseason this year, get another extension and then start talking about how young next years team is to buy him more time....con artist.

This post was modified 5 years ago by SiuCubFan8

gus_dog reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

If the roster were to remain the same I would go 

Cook, Beane, McGill, Peyton, Dembele

Sam, Jimmy, Fall, Gooch off the bench

ReplyQuote
Barkeep 1967
(@barkeep-1967)
SIU Arena Poster Admin

Jimmy Beane is supposed to be better than Darius he very well could start.  Of Course with Hucky hopefully being gone both Beane’s  probably will be also 

ReplyQuote
GoBlueSaluki
(@gobluesaluki)

Posted by: Barkeep 1967

Jimmy Beane is supposed to be better than Darius he very well could start.  Of Course with Hucky hopefully being gone both Beane’s  probably will be also 

I just wish there was a way for the (hopefully) new head coach to keep Anthony Beane, Sr. on staff, so we get both of the Beane players.  They're going to be anywhere from good to very good. 

ReplyQuote
DR222
(@dr222)

Posted by: Barkeep 1967

Tell Barry bye, elevate Anthony Beane Sr. to interim Head Coach, bring Novsek on as Associate Coach.  All players stay, all commits stay, problem solved.  Interim status can be as long as needed or simply offer a three year contract to Mr. Beane. 

Remember Eric McGill is a fourth year Junior.  Not sure where he is academically, but if he graduates this May, he will be a sought after player by the "big boys" as a Grad-Transfer.  Eric McGill is ten times the player that Bola Olaniyan was. 

Barry will have three years to get his campaign together for the Oklahoma Governors Office, while working the microphones for the Big 12 as a former NCAA Coach/Analyst.

airflowrc reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 10

Share: