Clear all

2023 Basketball Recruiting

1,466 Posts
78 Users
1554 Reactions
111.3 K Views
(@usmcsaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Aren't Moussa Cisse (the DPOY in the Big 12 I think) and Kalib Boone also in the portal from Oklahoma State?  Could we get those two guys too? 

😀

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Ryan Conwell to the Trees via South Florida.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @siudawgs

Trees are winning the Valley this year

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

I’m not going there yet but clearly their style is attractive to recruits. They’re starting to pull talented D1 guys instead of having to play the D2 transfer game.

SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

I’ll take that bet all day. They play absolutely no defense. Until that changes they’ll be a fun team to watch who doesn’t get over the hump. Drake was super fun, their defensive efficiency is why they were MVC tournament champs, Bradley won the regular season on defensive efficiency and third place… yep us, 3rd best defensive team. Guys who have been in the league for a bit like Dana Ford are starting to lean into defense because year in and year our, defense wins. A healthy balance is great, but watching Indiana State play defense last year was embarrassing, they don’t guard anyone.

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

We have umpteenth schollys available and just signed the highest profile coach we've had in decades.  Wouldn't you want to wait to see WHO we sign prior to giving the Trees the conference championship ??  

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @insaluki

We have umpteenth schollys available and just signed the highest profile coach we've had in decades.  Wouldn't you want to wait to see WHO we sign prior to giving the Trees the conference championship ??  

I'm open to changing my opinion by the beginning of the season.  if Drake adds 1 or 2 more really good transfers, I think they'd move up to #1.  Same with SIU, but I'm not sure there's enough to push them all the way up there unless Howard works some major magic.  But they'll likely be right up there with the contenders.

For all the talk about how the portal is hurting the Valley, I think the Valley is navigating the portal really well so far this year.  Really only Valpo and SIU have been killed.

Saluki44 and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)

Posted by: @insaluki

I'm open to changing my opinion by the beginning of the season.  if Drake adds 1 or 2 more really good transfers, I think they'd move up to #1.  Same with SIU, but I'm not sure there's enough to push them all the way up there unless Howard works some major magic.  But they'll likely be right up there with the contenders.

For all the talk about how the portal is hurting the Valley, I think the Valley is navigating the portal really well so far this year.  Really only Valpo and SIU have been killed.

I’m really interested to see where the Valley stacks up next season. Like some have mentioned, on paper, the Valley has reloaded well. Hopefully SIU can say that about themselves in a couple of weeks. Remember also that this is the year of the AAC fall as well. I’m curious to see if we can be Top 10 again. Heck of a jump though from the disastrous year we had this year at 16. 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)

It's fun, but impossible to compare teams at this point since rosters aren't full. I also disagree the Valley, or any team in particular has reloaded well; hard to replace the likes of known first teamer quantities like Reink Mast, Marcus Domask, etc.

At this point it's hard not to preseason rank Drake has number one; they return the POY, and IMO no one has brought in a truly "wow" transfer. Hopefully Mr Howard can change that!

1DAWG reacted
ReplyQuote
(@usmcsaluki)

Conwell averaged 5 points a game in 18 minutes

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @usmcsaluki

Conwell averaged 5 points a game in 18 minutes

As a Freshman in a tougher conference.  We had interest in him out of HS and this period.  We also had interest in Swope and Wolfe.  And had interest in Avila who might be All-MVC First Team this year 

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Tedrick Wilcox Jr. to Hampton:

https://twitter.com/TDAWilcox_3/status/1650531112777662464

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

https://twitter.com/theportalreport/status/1650535975037337606?s=61&t=Oohj8rXoTVY2wiDf36hlJg

6-7 Sophomore from White Plains, NY.  Played 1 game this year.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

https://twitter.com/theportalreport/status/1650535975037337606?s=61&t=Oohj8rXoTVY2wiDf36hlJg

6-7 Sophomore from White Plains, NY.  Played 1 game this year.

Because of knee surgery. Played in only 5 games as a true freshman the year before. Was a 3* out of HS and had some big offers including Ole Miss, Iowa and Georgetown. It's interesting that we are pretty much the only non east coast school to show interest.

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

https://twitter.com/tobias_bass/status/1650649812226777091

6-2 Junior from Hollywood, CA.  Averaged 11 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 2.2 APG.  Originally committed to Loyola Marymount but reopened his recruitment.

rafflaw and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 59 / 98

Share: