(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Saluki44 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

EdgyTim released his takes on SIU's signing class for free:

https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/threads/my-take-southern-illinois-university-salukis-class-of-2024.26639/

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukiworld

https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/threads/my-take-southern-illinois-university-salukis-class-of-2024.26639/

nice things to say about Hill and SIU but gives our in-state class a C+  - puzzling

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Nice write-up. Pretty high praise for this class.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

https://twitter.com/x_trell4/status/1745611550688256491

5-9 3 star transfer RB from Ohio State where he was a preferred walk-on.  

rafflaw, Saloukeyfan, Salukifan32 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

https://twitter.com/x_trell4/status/1745611550688256491

5-9 3 star transfer RB from Ohio State where he was a preferred walk-on.  

This indeed is an excellent signing. Nick Hill and staff doing great things, and continue to build the program. Great Job, and Keep it rolling!

GO DAWGS!!!

rafflaw, 1DAWG, Sandman95 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Willtrell Hartson 5'9 205 senior stats: 2042 rushing yards 34 TDs. at Massillon Washington, OH  4 years of eligibility left. Had multiple offers out of high school including Marshall, UAB, Boston College, Temple, Buffalo, Army, Central Michigan, SIU. SIU assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Antonio James, who helped recruit Hartson, is a Massillon alum.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Haven’t seen any video of him, but looks like a good pickup on paper. Should be an opportunity for him to make an impact with departures of Ro and Strong. 

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

His size is right in line with what we lost in Ro Elliot (a little taller and a bit heavier), but 5'9" amongst a bunch of 6'2"-6'7" trees is hard to find. Hopefully he runs with the same quickness and power that Ro did! Won't know until we see him in person, but does appear to be a big pickup at a position of need.

ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siu_2011

His size is right in line with what we lost in Ro Elliot (a little taller and a bit heavier), but 5'9" amongst a bunch of 6'2"-6'7" trees is hard to find. Hopefully he runs with the same quickness and power that Ro did! Won't know until we see him in person, but does appear to be a big pickup at a position of need.

The RB transfer Eddie Robinson from Duquesne looks to be pretty good too. Don't forget we have Benefield and Lester coming back also. Lastly, hopefully Kaleb Wagner gets a shot next year to see what he's capable of, our RB depth may be a strength next year. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Posted by: @siu_2011

The RB transfer Eddie Robinson from Duquesne looks to be pretty good too. Don't forget we have Benefield and Lester coming back also. Lastly, hopefully Kaleb Wagner gets a shot next year to see what he's capable of, our RB depth may be a strength next year. 

Yeah they've done a good job of restocking. I like Lester a lot, if he can hold on to the ball he's a load to bring down and is very shifty for his size. I was not as impressed with Benefield. He's got elite speed, but his size works against him. Felt like he was on the ground at first contact all the time so unless he got in space, he was pretty easy to bring down. I think Robinson is an upgrade over him and should take a lot of those touches. I thought we were missing someone with a blend of those two styles (e.g. Ro) and this fills that void.

It will be interesting to see how things play out with Athens and Wagner. Wagner looks to have a lot of talent, but Athens got more of the work last year. I think this signing definitely gives us tons of depth.

I'm still interested to see if they bring in another QB or not (my guess at this point would be no), so on offense I'd like to see another WR and OL come in to solidify those groups.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

I think you can find a way to be excited even about the worst recruiting classes because *potential* but I think this class of HS kids and transfers is the best we’ve seen in the Nick Hill era.  Very excited about what’s to come.

Dawgs98, rafflaw, Salukifan32 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Nick Hill interview with Luke Martin:

http://saluk.is/CoachHillFullInterview

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Yet another great interview by Luke Martin. Nick Hill is a quality person, and continues to grow as a HC. Wish him nothing but continued success. 

1DAWG reacted
ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 11

Share: