148 Posts
24 Users
139 Likes
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukis60

https://twitter.com/SIU_Football/status/1749562982038945825

Guessing Lewis will have to sit next year because he’s a two-time transfer (UCLA & Wisconsin)?  Either way seems like another great addition 

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Really like these five additions. Wish they were either sophs or frosh, but certainly can not complain. Nick Hill and staff continue to do good things via the portal. 

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I remember a day when people wanted Hill fired. Patience can pay off with a young coach. We see that in our football program. 

Saluki44 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @kyle_saluki_17

I remember a day when people wanted Hill fired. Patience can pay off with a young coach. We see that in our football program. 

Hill has a much tougher job than Mullins competing in the best FCS league and taking over a program that was below-average.  I also think Mullins is easily more replaceable than Hill.

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mdogs1
(@mdogs1)

Posted by: @salukiworld

Hill has a much tougher job than Mullins competing in the best FCS league and taking over a program that was below-average.  I also think Mullins is easily more replaceable than Hill.

Hill went 4-7,4-7 and 2-9 his first 3 years at SIU and yes many people were questioning whether he was the right man for the job. Then his 4th year he went 7-5 and  barely missed the playoffs. His 5th year he made the playoffs won a first round road playoff game and oh his team annihilated North Dakota State. His teams have competed with the best teams in FCS football and have also beaten 3 FBS teams. IF Hill didn’t love SIU and Southern Illinois he wouldn’t be at SIU right now. He could have left for a coordinator position at an FBS school and probably have doubled his salary by now.SIU’s commitment to football is near the bottom of the Valley so I totally agreewith Salukiworld his job is much harder than Mullins. 

ReplyQuote
(@rafflaw)

I would like to keep Coach Hill and Coach Mullins. 

Sandman95, TJ McFlys, Kyle_Saluki_17 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Yes. Best FCS League, which would amount to the 11th best Football conference in the country. Sounds pretty similar to basketball to me. I know it’s not exactly apples to apples. I also know that we are a basketball school. 

But if basketball were set up like football, and we could be 6th best in our conference and still make the playoffs, we’d be in more likely than not. It is way harder to make March Madness than it is the FCS playoffs. It’s funny how those top 10 conferences not being involved changes everyone’s opinions on how we’re doing. 

Jabman62 and TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)

Keontez Lewis looks like he will be an excellent addition for the new QB to toss to. Certainly wish we had his services for two or more years. 

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)

3 star RB Willtrell Harston looks like a great pickup. From my observation, he seems to lack breakaway speed, but is shifty and powerful enough to gain the more difficult yards. Reminds me somewhat of Ro Elliott. Certainly will add depth to the RB room. 

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Just now getting around to reading up on the transfer commits.

I’m really excited about Lewis and Hartson.

Great pickups by Hill. 

ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

QBs and WRs got some on the field work in this week. WRs room could be as athletic with better size than any group over the last several years.  
Only 4 QBs with one coming in this summer. Simmons and Lindauer looked ready to go while DJ is trying to learn a whole new system.  

This post was modified 3 months ago by ValleyFB

Saluki44, SIU_2011, Salukifan32 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @valleyfb

QBs and WRs got some on the field work in this week. WRs room could be as athletic with better size than any group over the last several years.  
Only 4 QBs with one coming in this summer. Simmons and Lindauer looked ready to go while DJ is trying to learn a whole new system.  

Thanks for the update. So is Harris or Curry not with the team? I thought they might move Harris from QB to another position. I don’t expect either would compete for spot anyway.

ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

rafflaw and 1DAWG reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 10

Share: