2024 Football Offseason

46 Posts
17 Users
34 Reactions
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster
Topic starter  

It looks like Hartrup is finding out (again), the grass isn’t always greener.

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Posted by: @siu_2011

It looks like Hartrup is finding out (again), the grass isn’t always greener.

Are you referencing that Mr. Hartrup did not make the roster at Mizzou, Iowa, or Louisville? Wonder if Coach Hill would consider giving him a walk on position? New receivers recruited in the portal are going to be very difficult to beat out.  

GO DAWGS!!!

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Who’s going to the spring game on Saturday? For those who’ve gone in the past, did you enjoy it? 

I’m considering going this year and am curious what it’s like. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I just saw the promotion SIU is doing for the game on Saturday: 50% season tickets.

That is awesome.

That makes my decision whether to go or not an easy one. I’m looking forward to it. 

https://siusalukis.com/news/2024/4/11/football-spring-game-at-saluki-stadium-features-50-off-season-tickets

rafflaw and 1DAWG reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Went to the game today.

It was shorter than I thought it’d be. I left wanting to see more from Lindauer and DJ Williams.

Lindauer has kind of a funky side-arm release when he throws. Not sure whether that impacts anything at all, but it doesn’t look too pretty. 

I liked Williams. More of a scrambler, like Baker. 

I was surprised by the size of the crowd. Pretty well-attended for a spring game, I’d think. 

I picked up 3 seasons tickets just off the 30 yard line on the SIU side for $150 total. Awesome value. Kudos to SIU for offering that promotion. 

I’m excited for the season!

ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Not sure what to make of scrimmage the way teams were picked. It has to mess with some cohesiveness upfront with the different combinations. Sounded like they didn't play a 2nd half because a couple players got dinged up. Looked like IMO we have some good athletes going into fall camp. Looked like both QBs made some nice throws and some mistakes. Wish we could have seen Lindauer and Williams both get reps with 1st team O vs 1st team D. I guess this format was more for fans and ticket sales. 
DJ didn’t have many opportunities but hit a nice one over the top. I liked Lindauer’s ability to throw on the move downfield especially the two passes that led to Maroon teams 1st score.  
kicking game is a CONCERN once again. 
Excited that for the 1st time there could be 3 guys competing for QB1 in camp.  

This post was modified 1 month ago by ValleyFB

SIU Alum 05 and Saluki44 reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)

Thank you kindly for the update. With the recent pickups I am curious on how the running game performed, as well as the new additions at receiver? Or was it just too small of a sample size (time) ?

Rather disenchanted about the kicking game. Cost us a few games last year, including the playoff loss at Idaho. 

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @tj-mcflys

Thank you kindly for the update. With the recent pickups I am curious on how the running game performed, as well as the new additions at receiver? Or was it just too small of a sample size (time) ?

Rather disenchanted about the kicking game. Cost us a few games last year, including the playoff loss at Idaho. 

same kickers or new kickers with same problems 

ValleyFB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@tj-mcflys I think it was hard to tell how the running game will be. Several OL guys sat out and IMO the way teams were selected had to make it difficult for cohesiveness upfront.  The 9 yard TD run to cap a good drive by team Maroon was a nice physical run.  The kicking game needs to improve over the next 4 months. 
I liked what I saw from both QBs considering DJ is new to system and Lindauer has been out 2+ season with shoulder surgery. DJ hit a nice TD for 1st score. Lindauer hit 4 passes of 20 plus yards after escaping pressure while throwing on the run. Both QBs looked very mobile with size. 

rafflaw and TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
(@valleyfb)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

And shockingly team maroon gets a dead ball personal foul that extended team whites drive with under 2 minutes left.  More than likely team maroon gets the ball with 1:30 and 2 timeouts to get winning FG. Instead they get it back with 31 seconds and no timeouts. 

This post was modified 1 month ago 3 times by ValleyFB

ReplyQuote
carrcar
(@carrcar)

@jabman62 A little off-topic, but I went to several of my grandsons sixth grade games last fall and it amazed me how well sixth graders were kicking extra points. One little kid even made a 25 yard field goal.

“The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.”
-- Al McGuire

ValleyFB reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @carrcar

@jabman62 A little off-topic, but I went to several of my grandsons sixth grade games last fall and it amazed me how well sixth graders were kicking extra points. One little kid even made a 25 yard field goal.

I believe since Poore retired special teams in general have slipped a little

ReplyQuote
salukis60
(@salukis60)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

https://twitter.com/Rivals/status/1782104136219021823

Does he have any eligibility left? 🤣 

TJ McFlys and ValleyFB reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

https://twitter.com/dunesmith8/status/1782896172895543630?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

Not a good day.  

Hope everything is alright. Will miss him he was a fun player to watch

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4

Share: