2024 Transfer Portal

1,577 Posts
90 Users
1790 Reactions
57.3 K Views
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Let's just hope he's not picking his feet in Poughkeepsie!

ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Unsure if Nagy is aware he is allowed to start working now... We haven't done a single thing except retain a coach already on staff and that seems like it was a requirement for anyone who accepted the job...  Meanwhile Bradley getting everyone back, Murray retaining players, making money and in on high impact guys... Ugh.

Just because info isn’t public doesn’t mean work isn’t getting done. If this last coaching search proved anything, it is that not everything that is happening gets posted on this board or Twitter. 

Salukifan32, INSaluki, AJCSaluki and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

@johnny-utah I heard Sterling is going to round up a few guys from The Rec to fill out the roster. 😉

All due respect to the former NFL wide receiver, since we only have one player left as far as I know, we might as well get his name right. 😝

Sheridan Sharp

My bad!  I guess that's where my head was.  Fixed it.

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukifan129

I heard from someone very close to the team that Jovan Stulic wanted $40,000 in NIL money before he announced he was entering the portal and Nagy expects 4-5 players to return.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

$40,000 to sit at the end of the bench??

Salukifan32, Quatros Saluki, Saluki44 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Unsure if Nagy is aware he is allowed to start working now... We haven't done a single thing except retain a coach already on staff and that seems like it was a requirement for anyone who accepted the job...  Meanwhile Bradley getting everyone back, Murray retaining players, making money and in on high impact guys... Ugh.

why don’t you go back in hiding and work on finishing all that crow you need to eat. It’s been pretty pleasant on here the last ten days or so without your constant bitching.

PackerDawg, Salukifan32, Rockin' Dawg and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

https://twitter.com/CBB_Central/status/1778096470010351909

This is a pre-emptive, I hope to God we don't get involved here (Jerrance Howard was at both of those schools and I saw an old social post that Morris and Howard had a relationship).

Fully agree with those that say we don't need to be as squeaky clean as the program was under Mullins but this is (much) more baggage than I have the stomach for. Charges being dismissed do not equate to innocence, especially in the sexual assault realm.

AJCSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki

This is a pre-emptive, I hope to God we don't get involved here (Jerrance Howard was at both of those schools and I saw an old social post that Morris and Howard had a relationship).

Fully agree with those that say we don't need to be as squeaky clean as the program was under Mullins but this is (much) more baggage than I have the stomach for. Charges being dismissed do not equate to innocence, especially in the sexual assault realm.

while I get what you’re saying, I also don’t believe you can hold an accusation against someone if the accusation was never proven true. Literally anyone can accuse anyone of anything at any time, it doesn’t mean it’s true and shouldn’t ruin the accused  person’s life unless proven.

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

while I get what you’re saying, I also don’t believe you can hold an accusation against someone if the accusation was never proven true. Literally anyone can accuse anyone of anything at any time, it doesn’t mean it’s true and shouldn’t ruin the accused  person’s life unless proven.

That’s reasonable. Without getting too soapboxy, though, this is an area I’ve studied a bit and it is very difficult to get convictions for rape. I would hope they do A LOT of homework there before even considering recruiting him.

Also don’t think the attention that would follow is the right PR note to hit for a new coach in an area like southern Illinois.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

So you would have never taken Rolan Roberts?

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Not all cases/circumstances are created equal. I’m not sure SIU has the resources/infrastructure/time (with virtually a full roster to build) to vet this as thoroughly as they should to take something like this on.

Hopefully it’s a non-issue but certainly not one to take lightly.

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

why don’t you go back in hiding and work on finishing all that crow you need to eat. It’s been pretty pleasant on here the last ten days or so without your constant bitching.

Dude come on. Just like you got tired of reading his posts, I’m sure others were tired of reading some of yours.

Let’s move on from that. Legit question was raised about lack of movement so far (at least that we are privy to). I know I am pretty anxious as well. Even if the rumored 5 or so players returning is true, there is a pretty big roster gap to fill and we don’t have a complete staff in place as of now.

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

different coach, different times. Roberts played in 2001-2 over 20 years ago. different timesw with the world now.I believe it was Weber that vetted him and also with an ultimatum to keep his nose clean and attend class. otherwise he would revoke the scholarship on the spot. WOP had a story about it of his incident at VT.

ReplyQuote
(@salukifan129)
Dawg Pound Poster

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

Posted by: @salukifan129

I heard from someone very close to the team that Jovan Stulic wanted $40,000 in NIL money before he announced he was entering the portal and Nagy expects 4-5 players to return.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

$40,000 to sit at the end of the bench??

Exactly so how much is a starter in the Valley going to get?

ReplyQuote
(@cj1986)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Connor Hickman had an in-home visit from Indiana yesterday. He still isn’t committed to Bradley 

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki

Posted by: @siu_2011

Dude come on. Just like you got tired of reading his posts, I’m sure others were tired of reading some of yours.

Let’s move on from that. Legit question was raised about lack of movement so far (at least that we are privy to). I know I am pretty anxious as well. Even if the rumored 5 or so players returning is true, there is a pretty big roster gap to fill and we don’t have a complete staff in place as of now.

id disagree. After only 10 days it’s not at all a legit concern. After a month or so, early may, then it becomes a concern, but not yet.

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 38 / 106

Share: