Clear all

2024 Transfer Portal

1,339 Posts
89 Users
1467 Likes
45.9 K Views
(@saluki3peat)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@cj1986 Dead period for Division 1 basketball was from April 4 until noon tomorrow (Thursday). Dead period means no in-person contact with coaches, just digital communications. I am hoping things start to move for the Salukis shortly after the dead period ends.

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tonebroke)

@saluki3peat We've been in Dead Period since '06.

SlyDawg and oberkfell reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deshane)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Here is what I envision as Nagy's plans for the first 10 days.

Day 1: Locate office; meet staff, etc. and have a brief conversation with each (to appear friendly).

Day 2: Have a group meeting with all present players and also meet individually with each.

Day 3: Call a bunch of possible assistant coaches to determine interest.  If interested, conduct an interview with each while on the phone.  No time for in person interviews...gotta get this done in 10 days.  Timeline set by some experts on Saluki Insider.

Day 4: Call all the other possible assistant coaches that I didn't have time for yesterday.  Same process.  Gotta hurry with this!  

Day 5: Select two coaches; contact them; make sure all necessary paperwork is completed; find a way to cut through all the red tape  and get all necessary signatures in the next eight hours.  Gotta hurry as per the given timeline.

Day 6: Arrange for and make announcement . Gotta make sure the public...especially some of the experts on Saluki Insider know I'm working.

Day 7: Meet with Howard to discuss present players and recruits/options, etc.  Call wife to see if he is alright and if she has made any housing arrangements.

Day 8: Close on house and contact recruits by text...since this is a dead period.  Whew!  Will take a lot of time...but gotta hurry with this!

Day 9: Text the recruits I couldn't get to yesterday and respond to texts from yesterday's recruits.  Arrange for and make announcement about  those who have committed.  

Day 10: Spend the day reading Saluki Insider experts to make sure they are aware of everything that has been done and that I'm working. 

Sounds to me like he has a reasonable, practical schedule set up for himself!  😀 😀 

SlyDawg, Rockin' Dawg, Quatros Saluki and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Posted by: @siu_2011

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Unsure if Nagy is aware he is allowed to start working now... We haven't done a single thing except retain a coach already on staff and that seems like it was a requirement for anyone who accepted the job...  Meanwhile Bradley getting everyone back, Murray retaining players, making money and in on high impact guys... Ugh.

why don’t you go back in hiding and work on finishing all that crow you need to eat. It’s been pretty pleasant on here the last ten days or so without your constant bitching.

Dude come on. Just like you got tired of reading his posts, I’m sure others were tired of reading some of yours.

Let’s move on from that. Legit question was raised about lack of movement so far (at least that we are privy to). I know I am pretty anxious as well. Even if the rumored 5 or so players returning is true, there is a pretty big roster gap to fill and we don’t have a complete staff in place as of now.

How is the snarky, passive aggressive comment "unsure if Nagy is aware he is allowed to start working" a legit question ?  Based on context clues, his previous 100+ anti-SIU posts, one could more than arguably surmise he was not being nice and instead stirring the pot.  I'm with you though, I'm getting anxious.  That being said, it's not like the portal players are signing left and right.  For now, at least, I am going to stick with the "Big bull, little bull" adage and trust they are not rushing into it but instead taking their time, doing their due diligence and talking to the right players.  They might also be waiting for more positive NIL information/confirmations for all we know.    

Salukifan32, Rockin' Dawg, TJ McFlys and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@tonebroke Oh brother. BOOOOOOOOOOOO 🤣

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

You know,  why don't we all just see how this plays out instead of speculating on sh-t we know little or nothing about. Bryan took nearly a month to announce his staff. Yes , the environment is different but he still took a month and signed players in May. The next month will be interesting, but making judgements after 10 days is silly. Some of you on here act like Nagy is a first time coach instead of the veteran of 30 years that he is. I'm guessing he knows how this game works.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by dogdays

Salukifan32, TJ McFlys, SIU Alum 05 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

Posted by: @siu_2011

Posted by: @quatroschallengesaluki

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Unsure if Nagy is aware he is allowed to start working now... We haven't done a single thing except retain a coach already on staff and that seems like it was a requirement for anyone who accepted the job...  Meanwhile Bradley getting everyone back, Murray retaining players, making money and in on high impact guys... Ugh.

why don’t you go back in hiding and work on finishing all that crow you need to eat. It’s been pretty pleasant on here the last ten days or so without your constant bitching.

Dude come on. Just like you got tired of reading his posts, I’m sure others were tired of reading some of yours.

Let’s move on from that. Legit question was raised about lack of movement so far (at least that we are privy to). I know I am pretty anxious as well. Even if the rumored 5 or so players returning is true, there is a pretty big roster gap to fill and we don’t have a complete staff in place as of now.

How is the snarky, passive aggressive comment "unsure if Nagy is aware he is allowed to start working" a legit question ?  Based on context clues, his previous 100+ anti-SIU posts, one could more than arguably surmise he was not being nice and instead stirring the pot.  I'm with you though, I'm getting anxious.  That being said, it's not like the portal players are signing left and right.  For now, at least, I am going to stick with the "Big bull, little bull" adage and trust they are not rushing into it but instead taking their time, doing their due diligence and talking to the right players.  They might also be waiting for more positive NIL information/confirmations for all we know.    

Sure phrasing could have been better, but I think he/she just expresses their anxiousness different. I didn't take it as anything other than what I'm feeling and I sure didn't think it deserved the response it got. They weren't shitting on Nagy, just ready to hear some news like a lot of us.

I'm less anxious about the commits and more anxious about the staff at this point. I'm sure there are some hurdles to jump through with contracts and all of that, but I would have hoped after the last few days at the NABC conference, we would have started to see some names trickle out.

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Kyle_Saluki_17
(@kyle_saluki_17)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

We’ve been in a recruiting dead period for all of the people here that is wondering why not much has been going on. Seems like an odd time for a dead period, but it is one regardless. Work is being done. 

INSaluki and TJ McFlys reacted
ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I don't why all the panic and negativity that surrounds the program currently because this is what happens when you change coaches it will take time because we are not the only program that is doing this and have less money in the budget to hire assistant coaches and no money in the NIL so this is what you all asked for so deal with it

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I believe that the next couple of weeks is going to be very exciting for Saluki Men's Hoops, Alumni, and their fans. 

Patience is indeed a virtue...

GO DAWGS!!! 

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@dogdays 

Amen 

ReplyQuote
(@cj1986)

Posted by: @saluki3peat

@cj1986 Dead period for Division 1 basketball was from April 4 until noon tomorrow (Thursday). Dead period means no in-person contact with coaches, just digital communications. I am hoping things start to move for the Salukis shortly after the dead period ends.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/indiana-basketball-recruiting-transfer-portal-sources-bradley-transfer-connor-hickman-had-an-in-home-visit-with-today-with-iu-coach-mike-woodson-and-iu-staff-members-229756575/

🤷‍♂️

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I’m wanting to start seeing some twitter feeds saying “Southern Illinois”in the contacted portion. It’s different than the coaching search….no reason for recruits to keep things in private.

SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @cj1986

Posted by: @saluki3peat

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/indiana-basketball-recruiting-transfer-portal-sources-bradley-transfer-connor-hickman-had-an-in-home-visit-with-today-with-iu-coach-mike-woodson-and-iu-staff-members-229756575/

🤷‍♂️

This was April 1st

ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @tj-mcflys

I believe that the next couple of weeks is going to be very exciting for Saluki Men's Hoops, Alumni, and their fans. 

Patience is indeed a virtue...

GO DAWGS!!! 

while I always appreciate your positive optimistic approach, I am not feeling it. I hope I am wrong.  

ReplyQuote
Page 39 / 90

Share: