Clear all

2024 Transfer Portal

1,045 Posts
80 Users
1116 Likes
34.6 K Views
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

I wonder if we get ebube to stay considering we signed another big. I’ve always heard his playing time was an issue. It be nice for Nagy to convince him he would get enough playing time. 

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

I wonder if we get ebube to stay considering we signed another big. I’ve always heard his playing time was an issue. It be nice for Nagy to convince him he would get enough playing time. 

Pretty sure Ebube wouldn't be too concerned about his ability to secure playing time in front of a true freshman

ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)

If Ebube is worried about falling behind a freshman that has no more natural ability than Scottie has himself, he’s got bigger problems. If anything it should motivate him that he’d have a guy with raw materials that he can mentor. 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Now we're getting somewhere.  Webber is a big time recruit for SIU.  Glad Trey is staying, too.  He's quick and his defense looked good this past year.  Just needs to work on his outside shot and handle over the summer.  Also glad Jevon is staying.  I think he's a class individual.  Let's go!

rafflaw, Freedawg, BleedFknMaroon25 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @cosmos

If Ebube is worried about falling behind a freshman that has no more natural ability than Scottie has himself, he’s got bigger problems. If anything it should motivate him that he’d have a guy with raw materials that he can mentor. 

Heck, I'd love to see either Cade or Rupert stay, too. In a big-oriented system such as Nagy's, the more the merrier. Haven't heard much about Cade's and Rupert's plans, though, and perhaps they've wandered off the reservation.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@quatroschallengesaluki I saw rumors he was thinking about leaving anyway due to his usage. I hope it’s not true and he hasn’t soured on siu

ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Posted by: @dunkledog

@quatroschallengesaluki I saw rumors he was thinking about leaving anyway due to his usage. I hope it’s not true and he hasn’t soured on siu

I think he had soured on Mullins. Firing Mullins probably increased the chances of him staying. He may still not stay, but him showing up in person at the Nagy introduction speaks volumes in my mind.

INSaluki and Dunkledog reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

If you recall, I was VERY high on Miller prior to the start of last season.  I do not believe he fit well in Mullins system, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player.  Let's not forget he was the private school player of the year in Texas and averaged almost 11ppg as a freshmen along with 35 steals.  I absolutely love this "get".  And, once again, it says a lot that Coach got him to stay.  

Austinsaluki, Freedawg, Salukifan32 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@ajcsaluki I don't think Rupert is staying after the video he posted on Instagram earlier this week, thanking the Saluki Nation for the past 2 years. Would love to be wrong, though!

SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

Posted by: @insaluki

If you recall, I was VERY high on Miller prior to the start of last season.  I do not believe he fit well in Mullins system, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good player.  Let's not forget he was the private school player of the year in Texas and averaged almost 11ppg as a freshmen along with 35 steals.  I absolutely love this "get".  And, once again, it says a lot that Coach got him to stay.  

There was one game (it was either against UIC or Valpo) when X got in foul trouble midway through the first half, and Miller would up playing maybe 12-15 minutes. I thought he did just fine. He then mysteriously disappeared for the rest of the season.

That was weird; it couldn't have been a decision that was performance-based. 

If nothing else, he will be a decent backup PG. 

(Inflammatory political snark)

SlyDawg and SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@austinsaluki like ebube there were some weird decisions about playing time. We def would have benefited from miller and others getting playing time and not disappearing for weeks at a time

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Jonah Hinton is visiting on Monday

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/1781097695303627256?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

INSaluki, rafflaw, SIU Alum 05 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)

Posted by: @salukiworld

Jonah Hinton is visiting on Monday

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/1781097695303627256?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

Fingers crossed! That's some good competition to be up against. App State was really good this year and the Bonnie's have been solid for a long time under Schmidt 

rafflaw and SIU Alum 05 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rafflaw)

@salukifan32 Hinton would be a great addition!

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
1DAWG
(@1dawg)

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @salukiworld

I question if Born can hang in the Big Ten or Big East but I don’t think he’s leaving UNI to join a lateral or lower school.  I think someone like Iowa threw a bag at him he couldn’t turn down. 

Why would you question that? Could Lance hang? Could Marcus hang? Born is a ALL-Con MVC player, freshman of the year, etc. who was Mr. Basketball in Iowa. He's not big (but neither is Lance) but a really talented kid who will do fine if he stays healthy.

I checked the UNI website. Funny that their ad for season tics next year features a pic of Born - embarrassing!

I have no doubt it's the NIL money that's sucking these good players out of the mid-majors. (Malik Dia of Belmont - talented big guy - just signed with Ole Miss)

NIL is ruining college ball IMO, turning the mids into farm clubs for the big, wealthy schools financed by ESPN and the NCAA.

This is EXACTLY what the Power 5 intended.  It’s a way of legally poaching talent from the mid-majors.  The Power 5 can go play with themselves.  Once they’ve completely ruined college athletics, I’m out.  I’ll shift my attention to the pros.  It’s just a matter of time before schools like Illinois, Indiana, Mizzou, etc. become the mid-majors because they can’t keep up with the amount of money Ohio State, Michigan, UCLA, etc. can pay players.  The school with the most money in the end wins…..that’s the college sport that’s being played within the Power 5.  You can say that’s not how NIL works, but this just presents the next opportunity for the big boys to cheat…….and we all know the NCAA is COMPLETELY powerless.  Kinda makes your stomach turn…

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 47 / 70

Share: