Clear all

2024 Transfer Portal

1,349 Posts
89 Users
1489 Likes
47.3 K Views
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@salukiworld once again, odd choice not a pair of be willing to live in green bay for

ReplyQuote
(@sandman95)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@salukiworld 

And it is only 2.5 hours from home, compared to 5.  

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Guess continuity was too much to hope for.  I hope they keep Kennard, he's my #1 guy I wanted to keep ahead of Ebube.  A.J. Ferguson would be up there too, I think he can make a big jump.

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Best player with so much untapped potential coming out of here in a long time. 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@dogdays idk I saw flashes but he couldn’t start over a guy he towered over. There’s no reason ebube didn’t start. It’s either a he’s lazy or b Mullins had no clue the weapon he had

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Without much doubt he should have played more.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

I’m pretty dejected about this one. It’s one thing if he got poached by the big boys but it’s a little concerning Nagy and Co. couldn’t sell him on their vision versus him spending his upperclassman years freezing his balls off and playing in the Horizon League.

Saluki44 and SalukiWorld reacted
ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)

@siudawgs damn

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I think with Scottie the loyalty card and familiarity with Coach Monohan was the key, but guessing we’ll never know for sure.

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukiworld

Scottie Ebube to Green Bay

https://twitter.com/_Scottiee/status/1782574774935286246

Hope he enjoys the ugly campus, the cold and the snow - they can get a ton of it. Inferior conference also.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Mr_Woogers

ReplyQuote
(@vnomus2)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Seem to remember someone saying if we were happy about the commits Friday would would be even happier today????? Still waiting on the good news

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @vnomus2

Seem to remember someone saying if we were happy about the commits Friday would would be even happier today????? Still waiting on the good news

We heard "good news is coming" last year too and they put together a portal class that probably cost Mullins his job in the end.  News is coming no matter what, there's 4 players currently on the roster.  

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by SalukiWorld

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@salukiworld but they sure showed effort. Couldn’t shook a lick though

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @dogdays

Without much doubt he should have played more.

That last loss when he barely played was just dumb coaching. However, I was never as sold on him as others on here. Yes when he was very close to the basket, he was tough to stop. Can't teach massive.

Otherwise, he was just so so. Better conditioned this year but still not great. 20 minutes a game and he was pretty much done. Think a more up tempo offensive would be tough on him. (Look at the minutes huge guys like Avila and Zach Edey play!)

Also he was a poor defensive rebounder for his size and not a great defender despite the occasional nice blocked shot. Terrible FT shooter - 39% - only slightly better than JD Mulia.

All that said, we could sure use him 20 minutes or so a game, and I would expect him to improve over the summer and with better coaching.

Problem is, now we only have one big guy and he has no experience. I'd sure like to see Hornecker back. He was the most misused player we've had in years.

DirtyDale reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Joining in with everyone else in saying that his choice boggles the mind. Who knows, maybe the Packers are kicking in some NIL money to the local university.

I thought he really was in a position to succeed at SIU under a coach who has a reputation for developing big men. That said, he needs to get himself in shape (and stay there), extend his shooting range a bit, improve defensively and find a way to get his free-throw percentage over 50% if he's to become a major impact player -- even in a conference that's a step down from the MVC. If he accomplishes all of the above, though ...

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by AJCSaluki

ReplyQuote
Page 55 / 90

Share: