2024 Transfer Portal

1,349 Posts
89 Users
1489 Likes
47.4 K Views
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

With all that has been said how about we thank Scottie for his time here and wish him luck in the future like we have everyone else that has left THANK YOU SCOTTIE

PackerDawg and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Good luck Scottie. I hope you do well but I really wanted to see what you could do as a Saluki with this coach. This is a big loss but all we can do is move on.

Salukifan32 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @dogdays

Without much doubt he should have played more.

That last loss when he barely played was just dumb coaching. However, I was never as sold on him as others on here. Yes when he was very close to the basket, he was tough to stop. Can't teach massive.

Otherwise, he was just so so. Better conditioned this year but still not great. 20 minutes a game and he was pretty much done. Think a more up tempo offensive would be tough on him. (Look at the minutes huge guys like Avila and Zach Edey play!)

Also he was a poor defensive rebounder for his size and not a great defender despite the occasional nice blocked shot. Terrible FT shooter - 39% - only slightly better than JD Mulia.

All that said, we could sure use him 20 minutes or so a game, and I would expect him to improve over the summer and with better coaching.

Problem is, now we only have one big guy and he has no experience. I'd sure like to see Hornecker back. He was the most misused player we've had in years.

Misused? Tell me when he was NOT hurt?

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Well this one hurts. With the way things turned out, I really thought he was set up to succeed as much as he wanted at SIU. We'll never know.

Good luck, Scottie. I'll be interested to follow your development at Green Bay.

--Insert something witty here--

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@dawgbytes talking about Ebube not Hornecker

ReplyQuote
Salukifan32
(@salukifan32)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @slydawg

He was quite literally talking about Cade though. Read his post again. I have to agree with Bytes. Hard to misuse a player if he's never healthy. Then again with how little playing time Ebube got Cade probably wouldn't have had much of a shot either lol

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

The level of recruiting is gonna have to be raised now.  You can’t build a roster around your two Freshmen that haven’t played a collegiate minute yet and a few D2 guys and expect to win next year.  I think Steffe and Webber are good gets but the days of getting great production out of Freshman and expecting to hold them even past 1 year is basically over in the unlimited transfers and NIL era.  Gone are the days of Marcus Domask staying 4 years after what he did his Freshman season.  

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

I am expecting Ferguson to follow Ebube now. 

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @salukifan32

He was quite literally talking about Cade though. Read his post again. I have to agree with Bytes. Hard to misuse a player if he's never healthy. Then again with how little playing time Ebube got Cade probably wouldn't have had much of a shot either lol

Not last year but freshman year when he had the red shirt removed and then only got to play 40 minutes. I don't believe he was injured. I know there were a lot of games where Cade could have  had some minutes, but Mullins insisted on playing D'Amico at center.

I remember Watson's comments when Cade got to play briefly and also RW's comments to Mullins afterwards. Absolutely certain Cade would played a lot more if Watson had been the coach...7 footer who could shoot it from the outside, had a nice touch, and was a good free throw  shooter!!  I know his D needed work, but he didn't sniff the floor enough to even get into a groove ever. (SE's D also needs a lot of work in my opinion) I was surprised Cade didn't leave after his freshman year.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Mr_Woogers

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @foxman24

I am expecting Ferguson to follow Ebube now. 

Wow I hope not. He's a better rebounder than Ebube and he has offensive skills.

ReplyQuote
(@foxman24)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Are we sure we can't convince AJ Braun to come here 😥 lol

ReplyQuote
(@salukimodemrowe)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @salukifan32

Not last year but freshman year when he had the red shirt removed and then only got to play 40 minutes. I don't believe he was injured. I know there were a lot of games where Cade could have  had some minutes, but Mullins insisted on playing D'Amico at center.

I remember Watson's comments when Cade got to play briefly and also RW's comments to Mullins afterwards. Absolutely certain Cade would played a lot more if Watson had been the coach...7 footer who could shoot it from the outside, had a nice touch, and was a good free throw  shooter!!  I know his D needed work, but he didn't sniff the floor enough to even get into a groove ever. (SE's D also needs a lot of work in my opinion) I was surprised Cade didn't leave after his freshman year.

True, I remember watching Cade play at the very end of the Valley Semi's against Drake (like 1 second of garbage time). He may have injured something again after the Cal Bap game but I am not sure. He could/should have played plenty more.  

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by salukimodemrowe

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

I never felt Cade deserved more minutes his Freshman year.  He never looked like a player that was ready for D1 basketball even in garbage time.  He should have had a redshirt season but was forced into burning that due to injuries, obviously ended up not mattering because he’ll end up with a medical redshirt anyways after last year.

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

saluki82 and rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
Cosmos
(@cosmos)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Misspelling guard .. come on 

Rockin' Dawg and rafflaw reacted