(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @siudawgs

Posted by: @dirtydale

Posted by: @dunkledog

@salukiworld losing a player to that bum would be awful

man, you’re a douchebag 

He is.

Personally, I’m less annoyed about losing a player to Brendan than losing a player to Murray.

Rivalry is going to stay spicy.

Absolutely. Not to be dramatic but if a player goes to Murray they’re now dead to me. 

(half kidding)

AnnaBob and INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@siudawgs sorry just upset we’re losing people to people who didn’t really add much. Like losing a player to Howard who recruiter no one

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

Posted by: @saluki44

Posted by: @salukiworld

Ferguson to Murray State

https://twitter.com/ajferg14/status/1783936341694169304?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

Ouch.

Prom got a couple of other good players from the portal. Speaking of douchebags, not sure how he does it. I think Murray led the MVC in attendance for some reason.

Really shocked Henderson decided to go there.

Sure hope Davis and Hensley and Hornecker come back to one of the nicest arenas in the MVC. 

ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Murray’s Att numbers are bogus. Bradley lead.

ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Did I miss something or has Brendan Mullins been hired somewhere?

Ferguson is a big loss. Sadly, I do not see any more players returning but I am hoping I am wrong. I still would love to have Davis and Hensley back.

I don’t like seeing transfers going to conference schools. It is definitely not a good look for the school losing the player. 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Ferguson to Murray State

https://twitter.com/ajferg14/status/1783936341694169304?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

This sucks. I think Ferguson would have had the biggest impact of the returning players next year. We needed his athleticism and scoring ability. If he's 100% healthy next year he will be very good. 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freedawg)
Abe Martin Field Poster

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Ferguson to Murray State

This sucks. I think Ferguson would have had the biggest impact of the returning players next year. We needed his athleticism and scoring ability. If he's 100% healthy next year he will be very good. 

I agree. This really hurts.

I also hate when these transfers thank the school, coaches, etc. for all they did for them, then gloat about their new destination. 

ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

We each have our own opinions.  I'm surely not saying anyone is wrong, but I am not that upset by AJ leaving.  My only 2 "must haves" were Ebube (gone) and Davis (tbd).  That being said, things certainly aren't looking as rosy as they were just a week ago when "sources" had a good chunk of the team coming back.  Again though, I'm going to TRY my best and be patient that the staff is working hard and has some potential good news.  Unfortunately, I have absolutely NO sources so I'm just being hopeful because it's Friday and I'm about to crack open a cold one.  

Salukifan32 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@insaluki it’s real hard to sit and be patient when told good stuff is happening, when bad stuff keeps happening instead 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

https://twitter.com/jamieshaw5/status/1783958352864698540?s=46&t=7s0hTttieSER8wqRSA0LoA

6-3 Sophomore from Louisburg, NC.  Averaged 8.9 PPG

ReplyQuote
Number 1 fan
(@number-1-fan)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Always stinks to lose players, especially as a fan because it’s a lot easier to root for a team when you feel like you have some continuity to watch them develop and grow over a couple seasons. Unfortunately those days are gone. To me, it’s a retraining of the brain to get used to the fact that roster turnover is the new name of the game. Having guys back under a new coach and new system would have not automatically gave us an advantage and having 10+ new faces automatically doesn’t give us a death sentence as it would have years ago. It’s the new era of college basketball. As inexperienced as we will be, odds are a lot of the teams we play will have also been hit just as hard by the portal. I remain optimistic.

While Nagy initially on Day 1 sounded hopeful of retaining a few, I imagine there were meetings, 1 on 1 work outs, open gyms and lots of film watching. Maybe he just has a different type of player he’s looking for in his system and then didn’t try hard to convince AJ, Clarence and others to stay. We will never know. 

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
SIU Alum 05
(@siu-alum-05)
Saluki Stadium Poster

Posted by: @insaluki

We each have our own opinions.  I'm surely not saying anyone is wrong, but I am not that upset by AJ leaving.  My only 2 "must haves" were Ebube (gone) and Davis (tbd).  That being said, things certainly aren't looking as rosy as they were just a week ago when "sources" had a good chunk of the team coming back.  Again though, I'm going to TRY my best and be patient that the staff is working hard and has some potential good news.  Unfortunately, I have absolutely NO sources so I'm just being hopeful because it's Friday and I'm about to crack open a cold one.  

Cheers to that brother! 🍻

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
oberkfell
(@oberkfell)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

I compare the NIL experiment to Fantasy Sports. I truly only root for players instead of teams now.  Well..in the NFL. I can’t even watch the STL Cardinals anymore as they just plain s u c k.  

ReplyQuote
Jabman62
(@jabman62)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dunkledog

@siudawgs sorry just upset we’re losing people to people who didn’t really add much. Like losing a player to Howard who recruiter no one

your shit is getting old you pop off say something totally inappropriate and then think an apology will fix it how about thinking about something before you hit the keyboard and take the emotion out of it

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Even with the Banterra shift of some funds to NIL we are getting outbid by peers…NIL still needs help, and soon.

ReplyQuote
Page 62 / 90

Share: