2024 Transfer Portal

1,309 Posts
89 Users
1438 Likes
44.5 K Views
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member

Kennard's instagram stories has him in the Banterra Center shooting with Sharp about an hour ago

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @sportsfreak75

Posted by: @dunkledog

I literally said nothing wrong. He only  had a job here because of one reason and it wasn’t his basketball coaching prowess. If his older brother wasn’t the coach he would never even be considered for siu. It’s 100 percent understandable that people would be confused why people would follow him 

I have not ever seen a single post from you, whether on here or Twitter, that turned out to actually be worth reading.

Your posts are pretty much always a lock for one of those "every person in this room is now dumber" Billy Madison memes. 

Don’t forget Facebook, too. He posted info from here in a FB group like he actually had some info. (Spoiler: it didn’t happen)

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by DirtyDale

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

After reading through some of these sissy millennial arguments I think my IQ took a hit. 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@dirtydale 99 percent of people on here get their info from Facebook, twitter or instagram as their source. Don’t act like I’m the only one. if hating the last 5 years makes me dumb, then I wonder what thinking it was successful makes someone. Never thought this place would become an echo chamber. People ripped Barry to  pieces for not doing well. He was criticized well into Bryan’s tenor. Sad at this point. Oh well won’t argue anymore not worth it.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 3 times by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
Mr_Woogers
(@mr_woogers)
Saluki Platnum Member

I'm shocked that Brendan Mullins got an assistant job at Murray - maybe that was him bringing along AJ? Now that he coaches for Prom, I can't wish him well.

Dunkel is absolutely correct about Brendan getting a job here too. Nepotism. He would not have received an interview otherwise.

Regardless of who's coaching there, AJ becoming a racer does not give me warm fuzzy feelings.

Let's hope next week Coach Nagy has a signing or two. I like his coaching staff so far - think getting a very experienced guy like Hawkins was smart.

INSaluki and Dunkledog reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

Posted by: @mr_woogers

I'm shocked that Brendan Mullins got an assistant job at Murray - maybe that was him bringing along AJ? Now that he coaches for Prom, I can't wish him well.

Dunkel is absolutely correct about Brendan getting a job here too. Nepotism. He would not have received an interview otherwise.

Regardless of who's coaching there, AJ becoming a racer does not give me warm fuzzy feelings.

Let's hope next week Coach Nagy has a signing or two. I like his coaching staff so far - think getting a very experienced guy like Hawkins was smart.

hopefully we get some signings too. It was 100 percent nepotism. Doesn’t make Brendan a bad person. Don’t think people need to get too upset about that truth either.  I’m guessing we will have some new signings this week 

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Brendan was an assistant at Illinois State prior to landing here…a peer institution. He was also at UIC and Wright State before that. It’s not like he just came here straight from being a high school coach. Of course Bryan wanted to coach with his brother (someone he trusts), but it’s not like he didn’t have experience. It appears he might be getting a job at Murray too…should we let Prohm know he was just a nepo hire? You both are ridiculous.

ReplyQuote
siudawgs
(@siudawgs)
SIU Arena Poster

I’m curious what the NIL conversations were between Nagy and Leonard during the interview process compared to how it’s playing out in reality. Losing guys you’d like to keep to Green Bay and Murray is concerning (not saying NIL was the only factor).

Hopefully the situation is better than it seems so far and we see some evidence of that soon, starting with keeping Kennard.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@siu_2011 they aren’t here anymore and Brendan isn’t even a former siu player. You can relax. Pointing out a fact isn’t insulting him. If it does then whoever is offended is too sensitive. Move on

ReplyQuote
saluki82
(@saluki82)

@siu_2011 they aren’t here anymore and Brendan isn’t even a former siu player. You can relax. Pointing out a fact isn’t insulting him. If it does then whoever is offended is too sensitive. Move on

You stating an opinion does not make it fact. You don't just post what you consider facts. Everything you post is derogatory to Mullins. It's just as annoying as 4 life.

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

I don’t give a shit if he was a former player, so sick of reading your stupid takes. He was a qualified assistant coach at this level that happened to be the brother of the head coach. Other coaches deem him worthy of that position even if you don’t. You are such a troll.

Saloukeyfan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

We should quit engaging the two trolls.

PackerDawg, Saloukeyfan, SalukiWorld and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@johnny-utah)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dogdays

We should quit engaging the two trolls.

It’s what I have started doing. There has been many times where I start typing a response and then decide it’s not worth hearing the same response over and over again.  

Saloukeyfan, INSaluki, Jabman62 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@saluki82 sweet well good thing we have no players staying wouldn’t want to talk about their experiences on last year team. It might insult someone

Saloukeyfan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dogdays)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Here is one thing that appears obvious to me at this point, which by its nature is going to disappoint some immediately.

It usually takes a new coach two to three years to get his system and players in place . By year three and four expectations are high. It sure feels like some of you on here expect Nagy to win the Valley in year one…. Portal or no portal , that is not likely. If you’re not willing to give a new coach some time, reasonable time then you are setting yourself up to be frustrated nearly all the time. And just for information sakes. I was and am a Bryan Mullins guy. I didn’t approve of the dismissal. That said, decisions get made and the folks that make them bear the responsibility. I’m a Saluki first. I want Coach Nagy to succeed. But man, ya gotta have some patience.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by dogdays

PackerDawg, Foxman24, sportsfreak75 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 64 / 88

Share: