44 Users
225 Likes
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @sandman95

Posted by: @ajcsaluki

Posted by: @rockin-dawg

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Also, you all are an odd bunch... I never said anything about Mullins and haven't in weeks.  If anyone needs to let stuff go it's you.. I have long since moved on but with the lack of NIL (see Scottie) and a talent pool of 4 young guys are you all really super hopeful? 

You only come on here to gloat when something bad happens to SIU.  Why are you even on a forum for Saluki fans?  If you really are Bryan’s wife, this is a very, very bad look and not something you should be doing.

For his/her sake, he/she better hope that Leonard doesn't read this board or any other social media. If Leonard does, he/she would be wise to spend his/her time preparing a defense against a libel or defamation suit. Baselessly calling someone a liar is actionable. I am not joking about this.

In the nearly 20 years, going back to Saluki Talk, this is the most ridiculous post I have ever read on a saluki fan site.  The idea of someone becoming libel from this site is hilarious.  What color is the sky in your world?

Don't call it ridiculous unless you know libel law and don't make the type of personal attack you made in your last sentence. I have spent the past 40 years making sure potentially libelous and defamatory material isn't published and I'll bet any amount of money you care to bet that I damn sure know the law better than you do (in large part thanks to Dr. Harry Stonecipher's class on the subject back in the day at SIU). I'm not going to get into what makes calling Leonard a liar potentially actionable because it would it take a lot of time and space, but if what I posted is ridiculous, that's only because Leonard probably doesn't read this site -- and if he does, he has better outlets for his time and energy than actually filing a lawsuit. Maybe it seems "hilarious," but people have been sued -- and have lost -- for calling others liars if certain facts can be proved. If you doubt me, go over to the School of Journalism and ask any faculty member. If they tell you I'm wrong, only then are you entitled to say, "I told you so."

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 3 times by AJCSaluki

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Is there a way we could start a thread that is strictly just updates and information (kudos to SalukiWorld for always giving updates when they are available) so we don’t have to sift through pages of this stuff to find out what’s actually happened/happening?

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by DirtyDale

ReplyQuote
SlyDawg
(@slydawg)
Saluki Stadium Poster

@ajcsaluki Jesus man, you’re very smart and we are sure you know a lot of stuff. Now STFU and get back to basketball, nobody wants to hear that drivel.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by SlyDawg

INSaluki reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @slydawg

@ajcsaluki Jesus man, you’re very smart and we are sure you know a lot of stuff. Now STFU and get back to basketball, nobody wants to hear that drivel.

STFU? Wow, that shows a lot of class and maturity. You're right, though, about diverting the focus away from basketball, and I apologize for that because it was wrong. Is it worse than the unhinged, inaccurate, misinformation-filled rantings of someone who seems to want SIU to fail? I'll let others decide and bow out. My wife's health remains shaky after a five-month ordeal and I probably need to concentrate more on helping her get well instead of fretting about whether SIU will sign enough players to field a team next season (it WILL happen, although it might take signing some of the guys from the Rec Center who allegedly are outplaying Sheridan Sharp -- IT'S JUST A JOKE). So it's back to lurking for me (I do want to keep up on the news) and back to basketball for you. Fair enough? Good luck to all -- and Go, Salukis!

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 3 times by AJCSaluki

ReplyQuote
TJ McFlys
(@tj-mcflys)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

Losing Ebube is difficult, as it was communicated to me that he was likely staying at SIU. He definitely had positive upside, but was a project in progress. With the above being said, I have complete confidence in Coach Nagy and staff ( which is a very strong one ) to locate, recruit, and sign the right players for the system that will be utilized. Numerous players available. Patience is indeed needed, and is indeed warranted with the amount of players needed. Work is getting done folks. 

GO DAWGS!!!

ReplyQuote
Rockin' Dawg
(@rockin-dawg)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

@ajcsaluki Don’t leave.  I like your posts.

BleedFknMaroon25, INSaluki, Psychodawg and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Thank you, appreciate that. Appreciate you. Now, let's sign some players!

Saluki44, Saloukeyfan, INSaluki and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
INSaluki
(@insaluki)
SIU Arena Poster

Classy post 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

More often than not calling someone a liar is a matter of opinion... Simply covered by our very first amendment.  Also, if you think some schmucks on a message board damage someones reputation then I don't know what to say... Every single person that does their job publicly would have a case.

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Saluki 4 Life

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Some of you are ridiculous. I had to listen to how much we sucked while we didn't suck... Now we have 4 players and I say we aren't going to be good and I am the one popping up on here to only point out the bad. Insanity.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

Some of you are ridiculous. I had to listen to how much we sucked while we didn't suck... Now we have 4 players and I say we aren't going to be good and I am the one popping up on here to only point out the bad. Insanity.

yes because you actually thought that last roster was good. It was lower mid tier valley team who got out coached by a coach who was fired by the 11th place and  got stomped by that 11 place team in the tourny. Also you think anyone thinks this first year is a championship year? Lmao we all know we are building. We don’t need you to point that out. It’s not your job. You don’t get to point out the bad like your gloating then Also get upset when we say the last years roster wasn’t anything more than a bad team who never truly competed for the valley title. Had about the same chances as valpo to win it. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @dunkledog

yes because you actually thought that last roster was good. It was lower mid tier valley team who got out coached by a coach who was fired by the 11th place and  got stomped by that 11 place team in the tourny. Also you think anyone thinks this first year is a championship year? Lmao we all know we are building. We don’t need you to point that out. It’s not your job. You don’t get to point out the bad like your gloating then Also get upset when we say the last years roster wasn’t anything more than a bad team who never truly competed for the valley title. Had about the same chances as valpo to win it. 

Who said it was good? last year was clearly a rebuilding year as well.  I have been told those don't exist anymore.  

beadmedaddio reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Building what? Have you seen college basketball? We have as much shot this year as next.  The good players will leave and we will start over again.  There is no building.  Just hope one year it works and then everyone will leave and we will try again.  No building just random dudes wearing SIU jerseys for a season and then leaving to try and get some money elsewhere.  

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@saluki-4-life 5th year in and it’s a building year sheesh. That must make Nagy feel awesome if he gets that much rope. Hopefully he doesn’t build a roster where his 5th year here it’s basically give it to one dude and have him dribble down the clock. I’d hope we have a better balanced roster 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @dunkledog

@saluki-4-life 5th year in and it’s a building year sheesh. That must make Nagy feel awesome if he gets that much rope. Hopefully he doesn’t build a roster where his 5th year here it’s basically give it to one dude and have him dribble down the clock. I’d hope we have a better balanced roster 

Even the most elite programs in the nation have years where they lose a bunch and a certain era ends and they have down years... Look at Ben Jacobson.  Every season can't be a championship season at any level, dumb to think it should be.

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 15

Share: