2,457 Posts
112 Users
2543 Likes
44.7 K Views
ReSaluki 88
(@resaluki-88)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @thunnellvision

@quatroschallengesaluki 8 postseasons in 12 years. Massive f’n get.

just gotta see how he works the portal.

BY FAR, the most qualified guy out of all the candidates.

and in the covid year he won 25 games, so it most likely would have been 9 out of 13. 

Rockin' Dawg, Foxman24, Thunnellvision and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)
McAndrew Stadium Poster Admin

Do we know if this plane that went to Dayton has come back to Carbondale yet?

Salukian reacted
ReplyQuote
Salukian
(@salukian)
Davies Gym Poster

It’s like 1998 all over again.  At Mugsy’s:  “…WTF?  Who is Bruce Weber?  He hasn’t done sh^t.  We’re screwed”

Also at Mugsy’s: “Great Hire. Kowslczyk is a genius”

Get off my lawn

Rockin' Dawg, SlyDawg, Thunnellvision and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @mph

Some of you are living in 2007 fantasy land. SIU is (at current) not exactly the most attractive job when many other schools have bigger war chests. That's just how it goes.

I was in the keep Bryan camp as well, but make him get a few seasoned assistants. That being said we should all give this guy a chance if it's true.

I remember him from coaching shoeless for a charity that gives shoes to children, which indicates some good character I would think: https://webapp2.wright.edu/web1/newsroom/2018/01/30/perfect-fit-2/

Has anyone heard if Howard is sticking around?

that would be up to Nagy, and since he hasn’t even been announced as the coach I’m sure nobody knows that.

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @kiwiball

@uncledawgpound get a frigging life. I bet you hate dogs too. I posted this FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. You are making it like it’s a God forsaken thing with you.  Christ no wonder people get off this sight sometimes and don’t post It’s posters like you that make it seem like you are the expert at everything. It’s a bloody forum to express yourself. You take it like it’s a bash on your head every time someone says something different.

"you" "you take it like its a bash on your head" "posters like you" "god forsake thing with you" 

Umm, no? Go look at my post history, I bet it's been, like, three years since I even voiced a civil disagreement with someone. Okay, granted, I did have to call out Barkeep for thinking we'd go after Tyler Smithpeters, but I digress. 😛 

I'm probably much closer to being the guy that would apologize to the arsonist after they burnt my house down for building it so flammable than being a condescending, internet tough guy, but sure, whatever. 

Rockin' Dawg, sportsfreak75, INSaluki and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)

Not sure anyone has mentioned it but Nagy's dad was a long-time assistant coach for Lou Henson at Illinois.

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @mr_woogers

Posted by: @salukiworld

Posted by: @dawgbytes

What person wants to sign up with SIU as a coach when they see how Mullins was treated. 

You mean treated with a press release that was nationally made fun of because of how nice it was to him?  Or are you talking about him being fired?  Most coaches are taking over for someone who was fired.

Mullins was NOT treated badly. Basketball coaches that don't meet expectations get fired. I think he walked away with a year of salary too.

As far as I can tell, he was not frog-walked off the premises by security guards, nor were his belongings removed from his office and dumped outside the arena. Those are the hallmarks of old-fashioned, cold-hearted firings. This one, whether justified or unjustified, falls well short of that.

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by AJCSaluki

AirDawg86 reacted
ReplyQuote
Quatros Saluki
(@quatroschallengesaluki)

Posted by: @resaluki-88

Posted by: @thunnellvision

@quatroschallengesaluki 8 postseasons in 12 years. Massive f’n get.

just gotta see how he works the portal.

BY FAR, the most qualified guy out of all the candidates.

and in the covid year he won 25 games, so it most likely would have been 9 out of 13. 

I counted that year. They won the conference regular season so would have at least been in the nit.

ReplyQuote
DirtyDale
(@dirtydale)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

@uncledawgpound get a frigging life. I bet you hate dogs too. I posted this FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. You are making it like it’s a God forsaken thing with you.  Christ no wonder people get off this sight sometimes and don’t post It’s posters like you that make it seem like you are the expert at everything. It’s a bloody forum to express yourself. You take it like it’s a bash on your head every time someone says something different.

"you" "you take it like its a bash on your head" "posters like you" "god forsake thing with you" 

Umm, no? Go look at my post history, I bet it's been, like, three years since I even voiced a civil disagreement with someone. Okay, granted, I did have to call out Barkeep for thinking we'd go after Tyler Smithpeters, but I digress. 😛 

I'm probably much closer to being the guy that would apologize to the arsonist after they burnt my house down than being a condescending, internet tough guy, but sure, whatever. 

UDP: the known meanie around these parts 

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @obd

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/CBN871Y
Been in Carbondale for nearly 4 hours with no return trip scheduled yet 

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @bossdawg

@siu_2011 How many people who watched (really watched) felt Mullins could coach a top level Valley team.  No offense, no time out plays and no incoming recruits.  Why extend.

See my post above, but I disagree with your premise and I watched (really watched...whatever the hell that means) every game that I couldn't go to in person.

ReplyQuote
OBD
 OBD
(@obd)

rafflaw reacted
ReplyQuote
AirDawg86
(@airdawg86)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster Admin

Posted by: @obd

Nagy Arrives in C'dale (Or is it Greer that arrived?)

Go Dawgs!

ReplyQuote
BleedFknMaroon25
(@bleedfknmaroon25)

If it is Nagy, I'd think it would be a priority for him to consider retaining Howard to help him navigate the portal and maybe build a bridge to potentially re-recruit some of our key departures.

This would certainly be a contrast from Bryan Mullins in style, experince and age. With the right coaching staff around him and an uptick in NIL funding, I could see this going well.

--Insert something witty here--

Foxman24, AirDawg86, MPH and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@uncledawgpound)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @dirtydale

Posted by: @uncledawgpound

I'm probably much closer to being the guy that would apologize to the arsonist after they burnt my house down than being a condescending, internet tough guy, but sure, whatever. 

UDP: the known meanie around these parts 

All those times that I yelled for Rupert and Ebube to "BE A BULLY IN THERE!"..well..I guess I need to tone it down. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Page 133 / 164

Share: