Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2543 Likes
43.7 K Views
 MPH
(@mph)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

@grimper57 Cliff Ellis retired this year but the point still stands. He also has over 800 wins

Grimper57 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Posted by: @johnny-utah

Posted by: @dogdays

The people who live in Carbondale have, in my opinion, a jaded, somewhat negative view of their city. It’s not much different than any other small to medium size town. Malls dying, crime in certain areas, restaurants closing. It’s just as true in Terre Haute, Peoria, Champaign, Springfield, Normal as it is in Carbondale. 

Trust me when I say this in relation to crime…..Carbondale is nowhere near Peoria in those regards.  But c-dale is being hurt in other parts in large part due to enrollment decline.  For those of those of us that live around here and have to deal with it more than just visiting a couple times a year…..yes it has slowly started to diminish for the worse. It’s not just a jaded experience, though not a shit hole but it’s nowhere near what it once was.

When I was at SIU in late 60’s  You had a university that was on the verge of exploding  With each passing decade like any small and medium size town. Even large cities have changed. For the better?  Like any city one has to be more aware of your surroundings nowadays. From Carbondale to Peoria, to Chicago. Times have changed and unless we get back to making the criminal pay for his crimes and not letting them off with a slap on the wrist. When I recently visited a couple years ago for the first time since I left. Some things were different, but the area surrounding has basically remained the same. 
No matter where you live and go, one will find an increase in crime. It’s the state of our society today. 

This post was modified 1 month ago by KIWIBALL

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Sadly, I believe we are being left at the alter again.

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

If SIU is throwing around $600,000, they’re going to get a good coach whether it’s Nagy (and I believe it is) or someone else 

Rockin' Dawg reacted
ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @salukiworld

If SIU is throwing around $600,000, they’re going to get a good coach whether it’s Nagy (and I believe it is) or someone else 

I think it was going to be… not anymore.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

This is getting dire. 😞

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Ok, why fly all the way out there and any place that they flew too. If you were not  serious about the candidate.  Are all these coaches that they have supposedly interviewed and flew in are seeing something about our basketball program that we are not seeing? 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @kiwiball

Ok, why fly all the way out there and any place that they flew too. If you were not  serious about the candidate.  Are all these coaches that they have supposedly interviewed and flew in are seeing something about our basketball program that we are not seeing? 

must be. Because they’re the ones saying no, not us.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@saluki-4-life still no proof of this sorry but it’s true no one knows who said no or yes

This post was modified 1 month ago by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @dunkledog

@saluki-4-life still no proof of this sorry but it’s true no one knows who said no or yes

you can keep denying… he was the one who said no. 

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@saluki-4-life because there’s nothing saying that other than people basing it on other people’s speculation this board hasn’t been this in the dark in years. I doubt any person on here has that knowledge

This post was modified 1 month ago by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
SIU_2011
(@siu_2011)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Maybe our bottom of the MVC funding and low NIL money? Chancellor with one foot out the door?

ReplyQuote
(@ajcsaluki)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

Pat Kelsey to Louisville.

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@saluki-4-life 

who has said no.  All I stated IF it was a no from all the people we interviewed and flew in. Is what are they seeing about the program that we are not seeing?   The potential candidates are not going to come for an interview unless they had some interest in our job opening. Just wondering what they see, that we don’t see. 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @kiwiball

@saluki-4-life 

who has said no.  All I stated IF it was a no from all the people we interviewed and flew in. Is what are they seeing about the program that we are not seeing?   The potential candidates are not going to come for an interview unless they had some interest in our job opening. Just wondering what they see, that we don’t see. 

nagy said no.

ReplyQuote
Page 139 / 164

Share: