Clear all

Coaching Search

2,457 Posts
112 Users
2543 Likes
44.4 K Views
(@dunkledog)
Mike Reis Press Box Poster

@saluki-4-life got proof of that? Because to be honest there’s no reason to believe any speculation from this board

ReplyQuote
SalukiWorld
(@salukiworld)
Saluki Platnum Member
Topic starter  

Nobody said Nagy said no.  Be patient and let it play out.  He has to go back to Dayton no matter what, they're not kidnapping him.  If the SIU jet goes flying to some other place in the next 2 days then you have your answer.

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)
Itchy Jones Stadium Poster

Posted by: @salukiworld

Nobody said Nagy said no.  Be patient and let it play out.  He has to go back to Dayton no matter what, they're not kidnapping him.  If the SIU jet goes flying to some other place in the next 2 days then you have your answer.

I am saying he said no. Not a guess based on him flying home.

ReplyQuote
(@kiwiball)
Lew Hartzog Track Poster

@salukiworld 

I Understand the process.  Hypothetically if Nagy said no, hypothetically all the other individuals who have interviewed said No. 

Just wondering what are we missing as Saluki loyalists that the candidates are not missing and saying No.  

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @kiwiball

@salukiworld 

I Understand the process.  Hypothetically if Nagy said no, hypothetically all the other individuals who have interviewed said No. 

Just wondering what are we missing as Saluki loyalists that the candidates are not missing and saying No.  

as I have stated before, the precious head coach masked a lot of warts and chose not to say them out loud.

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@saluki-4-life once again this is blind speculation. I doubt you have in meeting knowledge or know people who do. We have zero reason to believe you suddenly have sources

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @dunkledog

@saluki-4-life once again this is blind speculation. I doubt you have in meeting knowledge or know people who do. We have zero reason to believe you suddenly have sources

Believe what you want.

ReplyQuote
Saluki44
(@saluki44)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @kiwiball

@salukiworld 

How do you know that candidates are saying no? 

ReplyQuote
Dawgbytes
(@dawgbytes)
McAndrew Stadium Poster

Posted by: @dogdays

The people who live in Carbondale have, in my opinion, a jaded, somewhat negative view of their city. It’s not much different than any other small to medium size town. Malls dying, crime in certain areas, restaurants closing. It’s just as true in Terre Haute, Peoria, Champaign, Springfield, Normal as it is in Carbondale. 

With the exception of Terre Haute, every city you named is in Illinois. It doesn’t have to be that way. The most liberating day of my life is when I left Illinois for Florida. And it’s much more than the weather. 

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
James Madison

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@saluki44 he doesn’t but I highly doubt Saluki-4 life does either.

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Dunkledog

ReplyQuote
wiegie
(@wiegie)
Charlotte West Stadium Poster

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

as I have stated before, the precious head coach masked a lot of warts and chose not to say them out loud.

Poor practice facilities, low NIL money... what other warts? (If you listed them all before, I apologize, but I'm not going to go back and reread 140 pages of posts in this thread.)

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @dunkledog

@saluki44 he doesn’t but I highly doubt Saluki-4 life does either.

if the coaches themselves never say it there will never hard proof. Once we hire someone we will pretend they were always the top choice. We are being shot down.

ReplyQuote
Austinsaluki
(@austinsaluki)

Posted by: @salukiworld

If SIU is throwing around $600,000, they’re going to get a good coach whether it’s Nagy (and I believe it is) or someone else 

I'm saying this as someone who retired to Carbondale 2-1/2 years ago and is happy to be here: 

While Dayton is a classic Rust Belt city that is hardly a garden spot, it is still a place with a metro area population of 750k, which means it has a lot more to offer in terms of city amenities than semi-rural Carbondale. Unless the Nagy family doesn't care for that kind of stuff and would prefer (very) small-city living, I would think it would take more than a $100k raise to move here. 

If it were me, I would need C-Lo "Gonzaga money" to make that move. If $600k is all we can come up with, I wouldn't be surprised if Nagy or his wife nixed it. 

(Inflammatory political snark)

ReplyQuote
(@dunkledog)

@wiegie you can tell he is full of it because wright state sure as hell doesn’t have a significant better campus or facilities add in if he was actually offered 600k 

ReplyQuote
Saluki 4 Life
(@saluki-4-life)

Posted by: @wiegie

Posted by: @saluki-4-life

Poor practice facilities, low NIL money... what other warts? (If you listed them all before, I apologize, but I'm not going to go back and reread 140 pages of posts in this thread.)

facilities is a big one. It was Barry’s go to reason why we couldn’t succeed. 

ReplyQuote
Page 140 / 164

Share: